Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who Would You Bring In As Manager?

Hang on - you've said in that very post he DID work to (and succeed) on a budget.

He fell out with the club in the end because he wanted more. Which he was denied. But which has been granted to Megson.

You can't have this argument every which way you want it.

I'm not trying to, if you would please read the post.

Allardyce did great on a budget during his reign. That one season he wanted more midway through a season after already spending his budget - by definition going beyond the budget that had been set for that year. He didn't get more. He kicked off.

Megson is irrelevant to this. My point being the major criticism of Gartside that he denied Allardyce funds, yet a poster said a manager should work to a budget - I was pointing out the irony.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless your Sam Allardyce? In which case, throw your toys out of the pram, leave the club at the worst possible time and then let the fans bitch at the chairman for setting a budget and 'asking the manager to work to it and be answerable on the basis of how the team performs'?

:rofl: :rofl:

good 1 that

good 1 that

2 games from the end of the season in the middle of a scrap for Euro qualifaction? The desruption could easily have cost us europe.

I didn't mean 'worse' as in the club was a mess, just a shitty time to jump ship - he could've swallowed his pride for 10 days, done the job and then gone head high

2 games from the end of the season in the middle of a scrap for Euro qualifaction? The desruption could easily have cost us europe.

I didn't mean 'worse' as in the club was a mess, just a shitty time to jump ship - he could've swallowed his pride for 10 days, done the job and then gone head high

I think you'll find that the intention was for him to go at the end of the season but circumstances beyond his control meant that it was thought best for him to go when he did.

You did state that he left at at the worst possible time .......... er just before the Boro game a few seasons back would be only some of a considerable number that spring to mind.

Would be have been in ' a scrap' if funds had been made available in the January?

• Moderators

People have mentioned Gary Johnson many times, I think he recently signed a 5 year contract.

As we are on our arse we need someone who knows the club and is doing a good job where they are now, someone mentioned him early: calling Mr Coyle, your time has come.

People have mentioned Gary Johnson many times, I think he recently signed a 5 year contract.

As we are on our arse we need someone who knows the club and is doing a good job where they are now, someone mentioned him early: calling Mr Coyle, your time has come.

If Sam is a no go, then either Coyle or Browny.

Think we can forget about mixu http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=133627

if megson went on monday, dowie would be next manager by the end of the week. nailed on!

and the chances of relegation would be no different imo

in agrrement out there, now if we arn't already relgated by march with megson,we would be with dowie,in my opinion he's been the worst manager in english football for the past 5 years.

Yeah Dowie would be a 'mare.

He had one red-hot spell when he took Palace up through the playoffs from nowhere. That's it. He's another disciple of dour football too.

If Gartside makes ANOTHER lazy appointment he wants stringing up. Lee and Megson were given the job without due process in my opinion. It's Gartsdie's job to find the best man out there, not just give it to someone already here or someone he already knows.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.