Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Writing Is On The Wall

We have a team good enough to stay in this league, its just the manager doesnt know how to get results out of them. How can we play a full 90 mins and not one single substitute? players were knackered and we needed a change but he just sat there with his finger up his arse.

and that has been apparent to me since megson started to clear out our quality.

I've been saying that for ages but have been castigated. I'd rather have Hunt, Meite, Campo, Stelios, Speed,Diouf, Alonso, Guthrie than the shower of mediocrity we have signed

I've been saying that for ages but have been castigated. I'd rather have Hunt, Meite, Campo, Stelios, Speed,Diouf, Alonso, Guthrie than the shower of mediocrity we have signed

Correct, they are all better than what we have got (apart from Hunt and Meite) the others could STILL walk into our team and peform better!

Correct, they are all better than what we have got (apart from Hunt and Meite) the others could STILL walk into our team and peform better!

Alonso?!

Guthrie?!

Campo's not good enough now, nor Stelios nor Speed

You're havin' a laff!

Edited by boltondiver

Both are better than J'OB, so i'd have had both.

Take the point though. Muamba looks good in parts (good pace, ran past a few people on the ball) but his first touch is woeful. And his end product is non-existant, but so was Guthries.

On tonights evidence, i'd have McCann in for Muamba, and Gardner in for Taylor to make up for the lack of pace in the middle. Nolan i thought, had a very good game tonight. Looked confident on the ball, which is about as far away as you can get from the rest of them.

Both are better than J'OB, so i'd have had both.

Take the point though. Muamba looks good in parts (good pace, ran past a few people on the ball) but his first touch is woeful. And his end product is non-existant, but so was Guthries.

On tonights evidence, i'd have McCann in for Muamba, and Gardner in for Taylor to make up for the lack of pace in the middle. Nolan i thought, had a very good game tonight. Looked confident on the ball, which is about as far away as you can get from the rest of them.

Agree about Guthrie's final attacking ball (or lack of), but he could hold possession and lay it off to others.

Thought Nolan's attitude was good tonight but his passing, like most other Whites, was poor.

The lack of substitutions, even though we were tiring and not getting close enough to scoring, was absolutely appalling given there were options on the bench.

• Site Supporter

McCann has been our best midfielder by a mile this season.

I actually thought Muamba did well tonight,and has potential,still needs dropping though

We need to start with Gardener at LB

.....................juicy.............

steinsonn obrien cahill gardener

davies nolan mccann taylor

.......elmander ....riga.........

JLS done nowt wrong but would be victim of my changes

We have a run of 9 games starting late January that could save our season:-

Blackburn A

Spurs H

Everton A

W Ham H

Newc H

Stoke A

Fulham H

WBA A

Boro H

A new manager bedded in before then and we could take something like 17 points from those games. There is still time when there are so many mediocre teams about.

Muamba had one of his better games, but has a terrible first touch, he is just a ball winner.

Im bored of watching this crap.

We play in an overpriced league that we're never going to win and very unlikely to compete for top 4/5 spot. All we can aspire to is UEFA qualification, and when we get there it's a hindrance to us and we play a weakened team.

We need to get shut of this clueless idiot in charge, our players are good enough to keep us up, they are playing to the wrong song.

We are delaying the inevitable keeping him on.

Edited by The Norpig

Supera Moras (To overcome all Difficulties) Boltons motto, now stop the negging :angry:

Breightmet, I don't think we've ever met, but if we do, I'll buy you a pint of ale for comments like that. Happy, you've started, what I can only describe as one of the most negative titled threads, I've seen for a while. Have you thought of setting up a linked site, for folk contemplating suicide too?

P.S. I don't like the fact we're shite either BUT I've certainly not given up yet. Lest we forget the past!

Breightmet, I don't think we've ever met, but if we do, I'll buy you a pint of ale for comments like that. Happy, you've started, what I can only describe as one of the most negative titled threads, I've seen for a while. Have you thought of setting up a linked site, for folk contemplating suicide too?

P.S. I don't like the fact we're shite either BUT I've certainly not given up yet. Lest we forget the past!

is this site hosted in Paris ?

vive les way des wanderers.

cheese-eating_surrender_monkey.jpg

Edited by Ani

nobodys mentioned matt taylor anywhere. elmander wasn`t brought in as a goal scorer, that was made clear from the start. is taylor not our sole player for a moment of inspiration? if you summarise his input since he arrived then he`s not delivered at all.

i may be in a minority but i dont think we are that far off a good team, how long did it take anelka to look the part? certainly longer than elmander has had.

and the other thing that is bugging me, everyone talks about megson as if he inheritted allardyces top 6 team, which he didnt. people have short memories, allardyces team was on the slide, everyone acknowledged that at the time and what megson inherrited was a bus load of average players that were brought in by sammy lee and a club in dissarray. He performed miracles to keep us up and I stick by my prediction that we will finish above 14th.

god bless the ginger chimp

so there

• Moderators

Thats a load of shite....

Elmander was brought in as a striker. Strikers score goals.

Taylor 4 goals in about 23 games for the wanderers.

That will do for me. I wish we had a few more "Taylors" and then we wouldnt be in this shit.

• Moderators
nobodys mentioned matt taylor anywhere. elmander wasn`t brought in as a goal scorer, that was made clear from the start. is taylor not our sole player for a moment of inspiration? if you summarise his input since he arrived then he`s not delivered at all.

'cuse me?

his goals and assists were one of the reasons we stayed up last year

and he has a 35 yarder under his belt as well

not sure what more you could expect from him

Thats a load of shite....

Elmander was brought in as a striker. Strikers score goals.

Taylor 4 goals in about 23 games for the wanderers.

That will do for me. I wish we had a few more "Taylors" and then we wouldnt be in this shit.

One Taylor is enough thanks.

When was the last time we got in behind the defence? When was the last time you saw a defence splitting pass?

Taylor works hard, and when he wants to, deliver a decent setpiece. All our midfielders work hard but it's not enough.

Edited by The Norpig

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.