Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Our Amir

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barrera is a great fighter or was, but if Khan can keep his chin protected, his hand speed and power will make him a hugely difficult opponent, i'd have thought.

I reckon he'll win just about, but its going to take his best performance ever.

I'm taking Khan to win late, but all told, there are loads of variables here and nobody can be very confident of the outcome.

I favour Khan for two reasons, he is a lot bigger than Barrera, and Warren (on Roach's advice) won't be paying Barrera a big wad to come and slaughter his golden goose. They think it's the right time to fight Barrera.

But Pacquaio and Marquez have both moved up to lightweight and handled it easily in recent times, Barrera could do the same.

One thing I am expecting is a really good fight though, could even be a bit special, Khan is generally in very exciting scraps.

Class, experience, all round ability - Barrera by a country mile

Youth, speed, hunger, size, home advantage - Khan

I dont think the lad can do right from doing wrong.

If he's brought up in Heaton he's a 'rich p???i'

If he runs someone over whilst speeding he's 'a dirty flash p???i'.

If he supports our troops, he's 'an attention seeking p???i'

If he's seen watching Bolton, he's really a 'Munich p???i'.

But, if he wins the world crown, he's 'our p???i'.

The lad is a young boxer from Bolton and we're the world greatest in knocking our own.

=D>

Was'nt happy about amir's comments after the car crash but that aside, not that its a little aside mind you. He's Bolton fan & did'nt get why hordes of Bolton fans jumped up and down when Bredis Prescott beat him. Other than those who'd backed the Columbian, no reason for it.

Hope he wins tomorrow think the fight will depend more on what shape Barrera is in than anything else.

Edited by wovlad

The guy is a c*ck. Was in same year at smithills and was a nob then and still is.

I think you'll find that everyone, you & me included, was regarded by someone as a cock at that age - it's part of growing up

And me too, Munich? I remmber him not long ago bing accused of following Liverpool :blink: reading these comments has restored my faith a little, c'mon Amir. =D>

Some of his family are Munichs, some are Liverpool fans. As an adult he's made a conscious decision to back and follow Bolton. Folk can be jealous of success, which is quite sad a he's one of the kind of folk who has worked hard to get it.

He went to the Champions League final in Istanbul, because it was a freebie for him and his family. Since several of his family are Liverpool fans, he accepted the offer, so he could take his family to what is (for most people) a one-in-a-lifetime event.

I have no issue with that.

Some of his family are Munichs, some are Liverpool fans. As an adult he's made a conscious decision to back and follow Bolton. Folk can be jealous of success, which is quite sad a he's one of the kind of folk who has worked hard to get it.
Anyone from Bolton who gets in the public eye seems to be subject to this kind of treatment. There is no set of people who turn on their own like we do.

The driving incident was appalling - but how many teenagers are guilty of being reckless behind the wheel? Apart from that I see nothing to dislike about the lad.

Guest bwfcdan
The lad is a young boxer from Bolton and we're the world greatest in knocking our own.

Seconded

Edited by bwfcdan

True story this. After the Olympics when he came on the pitch before the United game in a Bolton shirt he wanted to come on in a special half United, half Bolton kit. The club told him to do one.

I like to think he's seen the error of his ways.

British boxer vs Johnny foreigner no question who i want to win. Hes a Bolton lad as well which is a bonus. Khan is slight favourite to win at most bookies now, they had them both same price earlier today. I just hope i get my 14 quids worth and see Khan winning a good fight. =D>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.