Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

That Pass

MickyD

• Moderators
"Typical Bolton long ball" surely??????

That's how I expect it'll go down in the Mail, Express and every other paper who's sports department consists of fat, bearded West Ham supporting paedo look-alikes.

2 left wingers on the pitch today:

1 was quality, has been all season and cost about ?3.5m

The other was w*nk, has been all season, is the most over rated player in the Premiership, yet had a ?14m bid turned down.

Taylor sh*ts on Downing.

P.s That pass was world class.

• Site Supporter
A great ball indeed, good win that today!

SKD The Goal Machine :yahoo:

_45634586_kd_pa.jpg

I'm starting to agree with NB

Pictures of Kev like that are giving me a stirring in the loins these days.

Matty was a little quiet today but Gary said after the match that he has Flu so he did remarkably well considering. In fact he was the quickest player on the pitch at the death and would have got another goal had Davies had the energy to produce a better ball!

Anyway the pass exquisite ... but I thought the control and finish from Gardner were awesome. Ricky at times today was absolute genius!

I know Elmander missed a glorious chance and seemed to dither in the box when in good positions, but I'm happy with the lad. Works very hard and if we passed it into his feet would have a lot more joy. These balls he's chasing would tire other strikers after 20 minutes.

Muamba is the only disappointment for me... the lad is struggling imo

Edited by Arnold Jackson

Matty was a little quiet today but Gary said after the match that he has Flu so he did remarkably well considering. In fact he was the quickest player on the pitch at the death and would have got another goal had Davies had the energy to produce a better ball!

Anyway the pass exquisite ... but I thought the control and finish from Gardner were awesome. Ricky at times today was absolute genius!

I know Elmander missed a glorious chance and seemed to dither in the box when in good positions, but I'm happy with the lad. Works very hard and if we passed it into his feet would have a lot more joy. These balls he's chasing would tire other strikers after 20 minutes.

Muamba is the only disappointment for me... the lad is struggling imo

Basham for Muamba no question about it, Muamba is a complete donkey, ?5m down the drain. 2 good central midfield acquisitions in the summer required

Basham for Muamba no question about it, Muamba is a complete donkey, ?5m down the drain. 2 good central midfield acquisitions in the summer required

Strange how opinions differ. Aside of a couple of errors, I thought he showed a lot today. Still growing into the job. A goal would help, as it would for Elmander.

Poor show by those booed Elmander.

basham looked fit when he came on, straight into the pace of the match.

the taylor pass is the pass of the season so far from a white shirt. it made for a cracking goal.

looking forward to watching it on motd

• Site Supporter

At times it looked as though we had two SKDs on the pitch, such was Elmander's want to put it where it hurts. Some great tackles done by him.

At the moment Muamba should be rested as so low on confidence. Basham looks a good player and helped set up the 4th.

People were saying Smolarek was too lightweight for this league. Just how heavy would he have needed to be to bury those chances Elmander missed? Elmander actually improved in the 2nd half where he managed to hold it up, but a goalscorer? Not for my money.

basham looked fit when he came on, straight into the pace of the match.

the taylor pass is the pass of the season so far from a white shirt. it made for a cracking goal.

looking forward to watching it on motd

Cracking pass and Ricardo really did take that goal very very

well =D> =D>

• Moderators

elmander was far from great today but getting on his back achieves nowt

unless it forces him out and the megson out brigade get to point at 8 million 'wasted'

i honestly reckon theres an agenda with some folk

similarly with muamba

come back nolan, buy elmander some time

I'm surprised no-one mentions Gardner's great cross for the first goal, and a class finish by Davies.

Great fighting spirit today, lots of commitment all round. That'll do me for the last seven games - let's get up to 45 points or so.

As Megson says, the passing wasn't good again and possession is often wasted. But that's to be sorted out this summer hopefully.

elmander was far from great today but getting on his back achieves nowt

unless it forces him out and the megson out brigade get to point at 8 million 'wasted'

i honestly reckon theres an agenda with some folk

similarly with muamba

come back nolan, buy elmander some time

[/quot

skd is running forward, elmander is on the left, matt taylor is charging forward.

elmander makes a great run to the right taking a defender with him, a simple ball puts taylor in.

skd plays the wrong ball and elmander has nowhere to go, he takes the ball down the right side and holds it up, the midfield give him no option the ball goes for a boro throw in, the crowd get on elmanders back.

i honestly despair at how little some fans know about the game

Edited by Ani

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.