Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Goverment Expenses

I don't like Brown either but BD, from reading your posts, whoever the Labour leader was, you'd say that.

Not true

Whatever I felt about Mr Blair, he certainly had talents in leadership/communication

I am, currently, toning down my political views and looking to be more respectful of opposing thoughts

Edited by boltondiver

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's the key point he's the leader of our country, why the fuck should he have to sort out cleaning bills and need to pay for a second house etc

Obama, sarkosy, Berlesconi etc probably don't have to deal with this kind of shit

You're getting waylaid a bit here

It's not only Brown for one thing, there are about 600 others at it

For another it seems like they are spending inordinate amounts of time claiming for bathplugs and the like, they don't HAVE to do this but they are taking a very keen interest in claiming every penny possible

They have certainly studied their 'entitlements' and try to maximise them

That's not the idea is it ?

They should buy a block of flats in central London and have those for the MPs use. That's what most folk who live elsewhere but have to work in London do. The apartments would be maintained as serviced buildings and they wouldn't need to claim for all and sundry.

I think they're taking the piss & it really needs to stop.

You're getting waylaid a bit here

It's not only Brown for one thing, there are about 600 others at it

For another it seems like they are spending inordinate amounts of time claiming for bathplugs and the like, they don't HAVE to do this but they are taking a very keen interest in claiming every penny possible

They have certainly studied their 'entitlements' and try to maximise them

That's not the idea is it ?

wouldn't you?

It's a human condition to try and ensure you get as much out of something as possible.

the problem comes when they're claiming for stuff they shouldn't

as NB say's a large building with nice appartments it in london should suffice for those with constituencies within the M25

• Moderators
wouldn't you?

It's a human condition to try and ensure you get as much out of something as possible.

as NB say's a large building with nice appartments it in london should suffice for those with constituencies within the M25

you'll fit in well in that there town hall

wouldn't you?

No... I actually wouldn't, if I felt it broke the spirit (if not the letter) of the laws

None of them have made false claims but they are abusing the spirit of these entitilements

Claiming literally ?100k plus for a 'second home' in your north London constituency when you live 30 minutes away in east London is ludicrous and the people responsible are fully aware the rules weren't drawn up for these type of scenarios

I'm not sure that's true. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn stuff down, but to actively seek to bleed the system dry? No, I don't think I would.

Where's Crawley backing up the politicians?

Set of cunts...they stink to high heaven....viva la revolution!

I'm not sure that's true. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn stuff down, but to actively seek to bleed the system dry? No, I don't think I would.

it's about trust.

You expect (ha!) high morals, leadership.

But it's just like the Animal Farm book they read at school; it's not a textbook.

• Site Supporter

I love the suffix they add on.

I am claiming, as is my right, according to the rules . . . as they currently stand.

If that's not someone admitting the rules need to be altered then I don't know what is!

Where's Crawley backing up the politicians?

Set of cunts...they stink to high heaven....viva la revolution!

You called...?

Personally, I don't think there is a huge story here. the Telegraph are trying to blow it up and it'll run for an age because they've paid thousands and thousands for this information (or so I'm lead to believe by some of the politcal commentaors before Carlos accuses me of being a Walter Mitty figure again, just the Today programme I'm afraid)

Labour have tried to get a cross party agreement on expenses but unsuprisingly no one wants to tackle the issue. I do think that those whose constituency is just outside the M25 and claim for second homes are taking the mick but they would claim that its more beneficial in the long run to have a seat in the north of england. I think that what we'll see is that some of the backbenchers will have some daft claims and there might be some resignations, I doubt if it'll lead to any top people leaving from any of the major parties - but then I could be wrong.

As for they've all got the noses in the trough of public money? I do think there needs to be tighter regulations and more transparency as anyone does but I don't think there is widespread corruption in Westminster when it comes to MPs claims. The few dodgy recepits will make headlines for a while though. We're pretty luck to have , on the whole, a pretty decent set of MPs across all the parties due to the regulations - if you want corruption take a look at Italy!

Can't see the problem myself. If he's got a big house, then it must need cleaning. I'd be more worried if he was busy cleaning his house instead of running the country.

Quite certain the salary of our PM is pitiful. Our Rio and friends probably earn in a fortnight what GB gets.

Can't imagine BO living off a pitiful salary in the US.

However, if it turns out he's been employing some French Maid, stilettos, seamed stockings, frilly pinny, etc, etc. and getting her to lick the cheese off his bedsheets - well, that would be a story worth printing.

Where's the Sunday Sport exclusives when you need them?

And when the Tory fiddles have been published, as the media has promised to do, everyone should refuse to pay their council tax, spoil their papers at the election and refuse utterly to participate in any kind of political niff naff of any sort. They're cnts to a man, and it's not sufficient to demand resignations anymore. The idea of democracy is that the public allows politicians to behave in a certain way, not the other way about, and it's time people got off the fcking fence in this country and demonstrated that enough is enough.

I agree with you on this one.

Also why do we need 700 of the f?ckers, most of whom were born and brought up hundreds of miles away from the constituency's they represent and have nothing in common with the area. My own Honorable member Janet "mileage" Anderson has been in the top 10 claimants league since the expenses were published.

As for they've all got the noses in the trough of public money? I don't think there is widespread corruption in Westminster when it comes to MPs claims.

:rofl:

do you need the steamroller to pass over you before you believe your in its path?

Jesus! Mandleson claims ?3k two weeks after he resigns from the government for improvements to his second home and then sells it for a massive profit, Brown pays his brother.

Why do you defend these "professional" politicians who have nothing to offer anymore?

Edited by Big_Girl_Oral_Explosion

Can't see the problem myself. If he's got a big house, then it must need cleaning. I'd be more worried if he was busy cleaning his house instead of running the country.

Quite certain the salary of our PM is pitiful. Our Rio and friends probably earn in a fortnight what GB gets.

However, if it turns out he's been employing some French Maid, stilettos, seamed stockings, frilly pinny, etc, etc. and getting her to lick the cheese off his bedsheets - well, that would be a story worth printing.

I'd rather have Brown cleaning his house than messing up this country; please

?194,250.

Found on page 3,

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/upload/M06.pdf

This sort of attitude is really getting on my tits.

Have these nobbers forgotten it's us who vote them in office & it's us who'll vote for someone else next time?

"it's within the rules"

Who makes the rules?

MPs

Go to hell

Why on earth is the taxpayer paying ?300 to fix a fucking rug?

It honestly looks like every penny they spend in their day to day life is covered by expenses? I wonder if they pay tax for these benefits in kind?

Vulvas.

Why on earth is the taxpayer paying ?300 to fix a fucking rug?

It honestly looks like every penny they spend in their day to day life is covered by expenses? I wonder if they pay tax for these benefits in kind?

Vulvas.

Wonder what they spend their salaries on?

?194,250.

Found on page 3,

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/upload/M06.pdf

Of course that's not exactly Smiley's "pitiful", but on the other hand he is PM and thus, for example, any minute of any night he could be woken up and dragged of to the COBRA to make life and death decisions with profound implications, including the launching of nuclear missiles. For that he gets, in a year, what Rio Ferdinand gets in 10 days - and the latter wont get woken up during the night even by drugs testers - they sportingly turn up during the day.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.