Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Muaba Watch

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muamba was so good last night because when he got the ball there were players on his side moving and showing to recieve the ball. If you watch us whenever any of our midfielders have the ball there is no movement or outlets to pass to so they either end up passing back or trying to do a wonder pass which rarely comes off. Muamba will show his true worth when we get some players in who are mobile and not slugs. Muamba is one of the best ive ever seen at tackling, so when Megson does complete his building or his team he will be miles better. The only problem we do have is will he get hounded out by our moron fans because they dont understand this before hes had a chance to shine?

Guest Holly_Goodhead
So every player sold by a big club is shit? You really are a numbskull :rofl:

1.I didn't say he was shit.

2.To accuse someone of being a numbskull on the basis of something you made up is the reasoning of an idiot.

Guest Holly_Goodhead
The most ridiculous thing ive read all week. What a cock gobler you are! :rofl:

you mean gobbler?

Guest Holly_Goodhead
By your logic Giussepi Rossi is a duffer too as yoonited let him go as a youngster too.

No,that's your logic.

Where did i say that every player ever released by a big club is a duffer?

1.I didn't say he was shit.

2.To accuse someone of being a numbskull on the basis of something you made up is the reasoning of an idiot.

Thats what your were implying and if you deny it you are lying. Using "fooked him off" is a complement is it?

Guest Holly_Goodhead
Thats what your were implying and if you deny it you are lying. Using "fooked him off" is a complement is it?

However you want to phrase it,Muamba was an Arsenal player,Arsene Wenger didn't think he was of the standard necessary for Arsenal and loaned him out,then sold him to Birmingham.

My reason for posting was in exception to the wildly optimistic comment that Muamba will play for a much bigger clubs than Bolton on the basis of a good performance in a kiddies knockabout.

The standard is lower than the Premier League.Spain's under 21s aren't as good as Wigan

Get real people.

However you want to phrase it,Muamba was an Arsenal player,Arsene Wenger didn't think he was of the standard necessary for Arsenal and loaned him out,then sold him to Birmingham.

My reason for posting was in exception to the wildly optimistic comment that Muamba will play for a much bigger clubs than Bolton on the basis of a good performance in a kiddies knockabout.

The standard is lower than the Premier League.Spain's under 21s aren't as good as Wigan

Get real people.

Your getting good at this comedy lark, you should take it up full time :rofl:

Kiddies knockabout as well :rofl: Walcott, Milner, Agbonlahor, Richards must be worth 60-70 Million between them. Theres players in the Spain side touted for up to ?20 million as well.

Edited by tylswhite

Get real people.

Arsenal have one of the best scouting systems in the world and for Muamba to come through there system, he obviously had something special. One of the reasons they probably got rid was because Birmingham wanted to buy him and to get ?4m for an u21 who had no prem experience was great business for arsenal. If you look at the arsenal youngsters, they already seem to have alot of defensive type midfielders. Denilson, Song, Diaby... All very good. Muamba was just the lucky enough to be offered 1st team football with Birmingham.

• Moderators

Actually, you don't know what Arsene Wenger was thinking. Unless you are a mindreader?

He was loaned him out; for what ever reason, you don't know and neither do I. People are also loaned out to get first team experience for example.

Brmingham subsequently bid ?4m for a kid, that's a fucking lot of money. You don't know whether Wenger thought he was of the standard necessary or not. Players are sold for many other reasons than that.

Your getting good at this comedy lark, you should take it up full time :rofl:

Kiddies knockabout as well :rofl: Walcott, Milner, Agbonlahor, Richards must be worth 60-70 Million between them. Theres players in the Spain side touted for up to ?20 million as well.

Don't forget the fact that he was man marking one of the brightest talents at Barcelona who happen to be the best team in Europe. But let's not let facts get in the way, I could be playing in this kiddies knockabout :blink:

I think Muamba is as good a prospect, if not more of one that Cahill.

Ok, ive not seen either as much as you have, But ive seen enough of Muamba since he was at Arsenal to he is class.

Moyes has been after him for years, we tried loaning him when Brum did, we offerd cash when Brum did....and were even sniffing round when you got him. Moyes doesn't like to waste money, but he is good at spotting young good players.

If you had some really direct attacking threat, maybe decent striker, and a solid centre back to help Cahill, you could easily be back in the top 6.

He'll come good next year.

He did admit he was poor last year, but no doubt some will choose to blame that entirely on the fans - you couldn't make it up :rofl:

He'll come good next year.

He did admit he was poor last year, but no doubt some will choose to blame that entirely on the fans - you couldn't make it up :rofl:

I dont think anybody has said that, the abuse he got cant of helped though you must admit.

• Moderators
whys mark davies not in the u21's, is he injured?

he's spent most of the last 2 years injured

played some good games for leicester in a 10 game spell in league one and had 1 good game for us in about 8(?) with a knee injury in between

not been part of the squad that qualified so no real reason or justification for picking him for a "major" tournament

• Site Supporter
he's spent most of the last 2 years injured

played some good games for leicester in a 10 game spell in league one and had 1 good game for us in about 8(?) with a knee injury in between

not been part of the squad that qualified so no real reason or justification for picking him for a "major" tournament

that told me....

1 good game is a bit harsh, plus injuries take their toll.

most natural footballer with the ball ive seen in a long time.

imo he is easily good enough to play in the u21's, but for some reason i thought he was guarenteed a spot, my mistake.

• Moderators
that told me....

1 good game is a bit harsh, plus injuries take their toll.

most natural footballer with the ball ive seen in a long time.

imo he is easily good enough to play in the u21's, but for some reason i thought he was guarenteed a spot, my mistake.

ok, I meant 1 outstanding game, the rest were mainly average

not seen anything to suggest he could oust the premiership regulars in the U21s yet but I have high hopes for the lad based on his debut, a pre season under his belt and a prolonged run in the side

not seen anything to suggest he could oust the premiership regulars in the U21s yet but I have high hopes for the lad based on his debut, a pre season under his belt and a prolonged run in the side

he was called up for the u21's a few months ago but then got his injury and had to pull out of the squad.

What Maje said, about 5 seconds before I said it

Edited by Gonk

• Members

Get real people.

Will you ever have anything positive to say? Endless criticism and negativity is fcuking monotonous.

He is representing his country which the vast majority never get to do and, from what I can make out, seems to be getting a lot of plaudits from people who know a lot more about football than you or I.

Other comments have been bang on. Let him play the holding role and get a creative midfielder beside or just in front of him and you will see a different player. We'll be lucky to hang on to him in my view, never mind silly c?nts wanting him dropped.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.