Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson Sacked!

Gaz Nt

It has come 2 years too late for me!!!

The twat should have gone after that first seaso.

Good fcukin riddance!!!!

I am having a good drink now, a belated xmas prezzie!!!

Toodle pip

I've just seen the skysports news pictures showing the fan with the banner singing 'Megson Out'

I notice he had a ManU scarf on. It wasn't you was it isaac ?

Great news, I stood by my word that I would not watch my beloved BWFC while he was in charge, now I can go again :yahoo:
Maybe it would be better if Bolton Wanderers got relegated to the lower divisions were we belong.

We are a Premiership team, but with supporters of Division 2 class .

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just seen the skysports news pictures showing the fan with the banner singing 'Megson Out'

I notice he had a ManU scarf on. It wasn't you was it isaac ?

Maybe it would be better if Bolton Wanderers got relegated to the lower divisions were we belong.

We are a Premiership team, but with supporters of Division 2 class .

Zoz, we have no more shite supporters than the majority of clubs, don't believe the hype pal

Oh, it certainly could.

But, given that we're third bottom, only above Hull on goal difference, haven't kept a clean sheet in the league all season, and look spineless, unconfident and inept, it almost certainly won't get worse. Even with Paul Jewell.

Aye he did a bang up job at Derby County!

We need a good manager, fuck the January transfer window. Id rather blow our budget on a good manager than a crap one and giving him money to spend. A good manager can get a bit extra out of his team. It wouldnt suprise me if its Hughes, Gartside has had plenty of oppertunities to sack Megson but he chooses now which is just a couple of weeks after a decent replacement became available :pardon: Fingers crossed

We need a good manager, fuck the January transfer window. Id rather blow our budget on a good manager than a crap one and giving him money to spend. A good manager can get a bit extra out of his team. It wouldnt suprise me if its Hughes, Gartside has had plenty of oppertunities to sack Megson but he chooses now which is just a couple of weeks after a decent replacement became available :pardon: Fingers crossed

You're referring to Hughes.

Gartside's probably thinking Irvine, given the last 2 appointments he's made.

What happened to that Italian chappie?

I notice he had a ManU scarf on.

I thought that too... then I thought it must just be my eyes playing up

Anyway my two cents... Megson has been on the cusp of putting together a useful side. We've shown flashes of it. I think he blew it in the summer, Ricketts, Robinson were totally unnecessary signings, and Knight not the type of centre half we needed.

He's unlucky to get sacked right now after 6 points from 12 - and that could have been 12 with a bit more luck. We'd have probably been top half then.

But he was too divisive and I've no idea what he thought he'd achieve by criticising the fans time and again. When he said after last night it affected the players I thought 'if I were his boss, I'd have to sack him then, he's admitted his very presence is costing the team'. They played his comments on radio five at every news update, it made us, as a club, look like twats. That's not gonna help his case.

He was almost angling for the sack.

Nail on head. The majority of fans didn't get on his back straight away though; that was a small minority. The majority started feeling the same way when it was obvious that he couldn't manage his own team.

His ability to alienate himself with the fans did a lot to destroy any bridges between manager and supporters.

His unfortunate hair colour

During GM's tenure I never booed, I never called for him to be sacked because I felt it was never going to be good for the team performance. Now he's gone, however, I'm glad he's gone. I just hope the fans get behind the next manager WHOEVER it is. If we don't then we will find it very difficult to ever get a decent manager in.

ime with the both of you on this :drinks:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.