Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This May Sound A Little Drastic But

M G WHITES

to me this has been the worst season ever in my 33 years watching Bolton.How many high points have there been?

The only one that sticks in my mind was Spurs at home in the prem were we played really wellsmile.gif

Cant remember being as pissed off so many times after we've played,all the unrest

between the fans,our away support(i am guilty on that one as well).

Yes i know we had the really dark days in the mid eightes but we all stood together as one

but now it just seem so different.Why have so many stopped going to home games?

My mood may change come 5pm Saturday.wink.gif

Anyone feel the same?

• Site Supporter

to me this has been the worst season ever in my 33 years watching Bolton.How many high points have there been?

The only one that sticks in my mind was Spurs at home in the prem were we played really wellsmile.gif

Cant remember being as pissed off so many times after we've played,all the unrest

Yes i know we had the really dark days in the mid eightes but we all stood together as one

Anyone feel the same?

Has been a poor one.. I really hope we can do Wolves at the weekend.. Just found on the laptop a few old wanderers songs.. wondering if they were played on a match day it would restore the pride in the club.. "Thompson fires it in... and its a goal!" Belting song

It's easy to forget the lows when your winning, but it's harder to forget the highs when your losing.

Bolton are a small club compared to many in the Premiership and have been in the lower leagues before, we have had relegation survival battles before, with some seeing us relegated.

But after a few great years of success, Top 8, winning games, Europe and great players it's very hard to forget this, it was our recent past and to see us now struggling to win and in the relegation zone it's hard to take.

Our feelings will be different to those around us, especially fans like Burnley, Hull and Wolves. We've tasted success, and if we go down[not saying we will] then all this will be gone and just memories, as there is no guarantee of a return straightaway.

If we go down, it's gonna see fans full of hatred, filled with anger, unlike Burnley fans for example who will probably just cry. 1 month to think about us being relegated, then the World Cup can take our thoughts elsewere, but then it'll be pre season, we will lose our best players and will not be linked with any better or good players.

Relegation is a high possibility, and will be a total disaster.

Since January 2007 this club has gone from a top 4 place, 5 straight wins over christmas, players in the team like Anelka, and Big Sam doing wonders for us, then the decline, the last 5 months under Sam we're disapointing, we almost messed up our 2nd european place because of poor results from January to May.

Things didn't work under Lee and we all know what happened under Megson, and it's not started well under Coyle.

It's very tough to take, but if say for the last 10 years we we're always fighting relegation then it would be easier to accept, it's just we have had success and instead of progressing or staying at that level we have gone backwards, and quite fast. That's why its' difficult to watch us lose and see such disappointing results very very often.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

• Site Supporter

The main reason I can empathise with MG is the way the fans have been split.

Can't remember any season when there has been so much arguing between fans, and i am also guillty of it.

I am sick and tired of the negheads though.

Unfortuneately, I'm coming to the conclusion they're in the majority.

Was thinking about the lack of good times this season and the games I have enjoyed:-

City, Spurs (twice), Everton, Birmingham

But people have got to remember that unless you have pots of money, you are not going to have season

after season of good times. Think back into the 80's.

Remember teams such as Rochdale who have never been out of the bottom division, teams that

have gone into administration, teams that have gone out of business.

This is all about supporting your team through thick and thin and by the look of it we

are finding out that we don't have as many loyal fans as we thought.

The people that jumped on the premiership band wagon are now jumping off.

Come on, get behind your team, lets avoid relegation and start afresh next season.

• Site Supporter

Anyone feel the same?

on the pitch is no where near as bad as it has been, not even close.

off the pitch its fooking awful.

obviously whats on the pitch has fuelled the off-field antics but what the fuck happened to unity amongst fans?

• Site Supporter

It's easy to forget the lows when your winning, but it's harder to forget the highs when your losing.

Bolton are a small club compared to many in the Premiership and have been in the lower leagues before, we have had relegation survival battles before, with some seeing us relegated.

But after a few great years of success, Top 8, winning games, Europe and great players it's very hard to forget this, it was our recent past and to see us now struggling to win and in the relegation zone it's hard to take.

Our feelings will be different to those around us, especially fans like Burnley, Hull and Wolves. We've tasted success, and if we go down[not saying we will] then all this will be gone and just memories, as there is no guarantee of a return straightaway.

If we go down, it's gonna see fans full of hatred, filled with anger, unlike Burnley fans for example who will probably just cry. 1 month to think about us being relegated, then the World Cup can take our thoughts elsewere, but then it'll be pre season, we will lose our best players and will not be linked with any better or good players.

Relegation is a high possibility, and will be a total disaster.

Since January 2007 this club has gone from a top 4 place, 5 straight wins over christmas, players in the team like Anelka, and Big Sam doing wonders for us, then the decline, the last 5 months under Sam we're disapointing, we almost messed up our 2nd european place because of poor results from January to May.

Things didn't work under Lee and we all know what happened under Megson, and it's not started well under Coyle.

It's very tough to take, but if say for the last 10 years we we're always fighting relegation then it would be easier to accept, it's just we have had success and instead of progressing or staying at that level we have gone backwards, and quite fast. That's why its' difficult to watch us lose and see such disappointing results very very often.

most sensible thing youve ever posted good.gif

I agree, we need to get the feel good factor off the pitch, something like Portsmouth have had in the past. The reason we have so many negheads is weve been spoiled in the last 15 years with over achieving, some think its coming to a end and are jumping ship. We need a battle cry from the top, leeway in supporting our club on the stands and togetherness. If we get this we will regain our Premierleague status and enjoy the match experience more. Its payback time for the last 15yrs of football, lets do it COYFWM =D>

old day - best thing the fans worst thing the team

these days - worst thing the fans best team the team.

We are in the top league of the most competitve league in the world, we reached last 16 of the cup in the old days happy to reach third round.

But fuck me it is really really hard work.

A bit like this website a lot more fun when people do not take it too seriously, unfortunatly the club is a multi million pound business that lots of people (not just players) rely on for their living.

Weirdly, I've been to more games this season than the last 2 combined (ok,only due to games falling on the right dates for a change).But the fact that it's been a right struggle and at times utterly woeful hasn't come into it.

I've always thought we'd get relegated at some point because it's unrealistic for a club of our size to maintain it's position for a long period - without serious outside investment it would seem these days.

Anyroad,for myself and I suspect most others on here,we'll be going next season whether it's in the Championship (or whatever they're calling it) or the Prem.

Oh and Alf.I don't think the negheads are in the majority mate, they just make the most noise.

I like a good moan just like most but then remember I support the best club in the world. :yahoo:

Don't forget that.

COYWM

Has been a poor one.. I really hope we can do Wolves at the weekend.. Just found on the laptop a few old wanderers songs.. wondering if they were played on a match day it would restore the pride in the club.. "Thompson fires it in... and its a goal!" Belting song

We never give in to noone, and no-one do we fear. And you'll find a pal forever, in Bolton, Lancashire :good:

Was thinking about the lack of good times this season and the games I have enjoyed:-

City, Spurs (twice), Everton, Birmingham

But people have got to remember that unless you have pots of money, you are not going to have season

after season of good times. Think back into the 80's.

Remember teams such as Rochdale who have never been out of the bottom division, teams that

have gone into administration, teams that have gone out of business.

This is all about supporting your team through thick and thin and by the look of it we

are finding out that we don't have as many loyal fans as we thought.

The people that jumped on the premiership band wagon are now jumping off.

Come on, get behind your team, lets avoid relegation and start afresh next season.

Good. id rather have 13/14k on getting behind the side i really would.

in fact if any of our 'premiership' football fans are reading this, fuck off down to Old Trafford the Munichs arent selling out these days and theyre all cunts too.

ive been to 18 games out of 20odd this season and seen us win 4 times and i love it!! COYWM

Whilst I accept most of the comments regarding the reality of being in a perenial relegation battle we need to be realistic

a few lows that spring to mind :

Aldershot (relegation to div 4)

Tranmere play off final

I'll never feel as pissed off as I did on those days, however the comments regarding away support etc are valid

In reality with the finances in football the way they are we are probably not going to progress any further than a mid-table team at best

even if we survive this season.

However , the Premiership in general is in for a bumpy ride financialy with UEFA gunning for financial parity with the rest of Europe so

maybe in the future we might see a return to sanity , lower player wages & a league more inclined towards merit rarther than money.

Don't forget the big clubs have the most debt ok maybe they will always attract the best players but they are going to be affected, for the

smaller clubs the next sky deal will be the crunch because they have peeked in terms of the money they will receive especialy with the internet

becoming more prevalent.

In terms of the games this season not much different from last season or the season before that for that matter If we do get relgated maybe we

will be shot of the blanket brigade & have a smaller but more committed support .

Whilst I accept most of the comments regarding the reality of being in a perenial relegation battle we need to be realistic

My worst was losing 2-0 at Newport under Charlie Wright and I was at Aldershot. Fighting to stay in the old Div1/ Premiership has been relatively a high point in my Wanderers supporting, so I find the current continual negativity pathetic. We have very rarely played so called quality football. Wanderers have generally been a grind it out team where we got in the face of the opposition and the fans made it hostile for the visitors.

Let's get back to that for the remainder of the season and we might get near last season's 41 points.

The main reason I can empathise with MG is the way the fans have been split.

Can't remember any season when there has been so much arguing between fans, and i am also guillty of it.

I am sick and tired of the negheads though.

Unfortuneately, I'm coming to the conclusion they're in the majority.

You could be talking about any clubs fans there though.

• Site Supporter

Tranmere play off final

I'll never feel as pissed off as I did on those days, however the comments regarding away support etc are valid

In reality with the finances in football the way they are we are probably not going to progress any further than a mid-table team at best

However , the Premiership in general is in for a bumpy ride financialy with UEFA gunning for financial parity with the rest of Europe so

maybe in the future we might see a return to sanity , lower player wages & a league more inclined towards merit rarther than money.

Don't forget the big clubs have the most debt ok maybe they will always attract the best players but they are going to be affected, for the

smaller clubs the next sky deal will be the crunch because they have peeked in terms of the money they will receive especialy with the internet

becoming more prevalent.

In terms of the games this season not much different from last season or the season before that for that matter If we do get relgated maybe we

will be shot of the blanket brigade & have a smaller but more committed support .

its hasnt, believe me.

the next deal is nothing short mind boggling.

Tranmere play off final

becoming more prevalent.

As part of the 'blanket brigade', by which i take to mean some one who sits in their seat with my family, watches the game has a brew at half time from their thermos flask, what makes me less committed than someone whose matchday experience is getting piseed up with his mates and having a laugh.

surely they're both equally comitted just in different ways?.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.