Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Robbie Blake

if he's thinking of playing wilshere as a beardsley type, then blake as cover aint the end of the world

I was just thinking before I read your post that I always thought Blake was a poor mans/lower league Beardsley!

I am certain we are gonna play 4 2 3 1, with the 3 being two wingers and Wilshire hopefully.

So if Blake can come on and give JW a break every now and again for 20 minutes, allowing us to keep the same shape then I think its a great signing all things considered.

Got to trust Coyle if he's worked with the bloke, he has always looked a decent player to me albeit in lower divisions, he has always been well liked by the teams he has been at which says a lot too.

I am certain we are gonna play 4 2 3 1, with the 3 being two wingers and Wilshire hopefully.

Wenger will see what he has and how Wilshere plays in the pre-season before he lets him go on loan next season.

A bit like us with Danny Ward probably.

The Blake signing has me worried, not because he wasn't a reasonable championship player a couple of seasons ago, but because we wouldn't consider signing a player like this if we had a decent transfer kitty.

It tells me that Coyle probably has much less than expected to play with.

I would still love to see us get a bomb on striker with a bit of pace, probably black from the lower leagues. But I can't say that I have seen enough recently to name a good target.

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60989&st=100&p=753883&hl=Robbie%20Blake&fromsearch=1entry753883

Breightmet Boy

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

"I was speaking to Robbie Blakes sister (Mandy) and OC was on the phone to him whilst she was there. Im not saying we want or will sign him but thats what she told me. Oh, and she's got huge knockers but ive no picture, sorry"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/bbwmandyblake?ref=search

maybe this is her?

Always happy to share, id rather do it whispering but thats out of my hands :whistle:

Oh, has the pre-season home friendly against a decent team been announced yet :whistle:

Iamout

Friendlies are shite, particularly home ones.

The last decent one was Peter Taylor's testimonial, and that was post season iirc.

Guest bwfcdan

Iamout

The last decent one was Peter Taylor's testimonial, and that was post season iirc.

I thought the Jimmy Phillips testimonial was quite good.. a lot of Celtic fans...

I thought the Jimmy Phillips testimonial was quite good.. a lot of Celtic fans...

I gave it some consideration, then decided against for that exact reason. Dirty smelly horrible c?nts, the lot of 'em

I gave it some consideration, then decided against for that exact reason. Dirty smelly horrible c?nts, the lot of 'em

Last decent home friendly I went to was at Burnden; it was a testimonial and we beat Man City...when we were in Div 3 I think

Can't remember whose it was though?

Last decent home friendly I went to was at Burnden; it was a testimonial and we beat Man City...when we were in Div 3 I think

Can't remember whose it was though?

The only one I can remember v City at Burnden was for Nat Lofthouse and we lost 2-0.

Guest Frandsen08

Iamout

true, i remember when i used to work at de vere whites as a part timer, and we played inter milan and on my first day me and another lad had to show inter to a board room to discuss some things, i met davids, veron and crespo. it was brilliant. think we lost 1-0 though.

I've followed Robbie Blakes career since he caught my eye playing for Bradford, class him very much the same as Dean Windass.

Now cast your mind back several months ago when Megson tried to resign Nolan from Newcastle, why?

because Nolans a character in the dressing room, you need banter in the club, a character that gets you buzzing everyday in training that buzz carries through to match days as well. Can you imagine the characters in Boltons changing rooms when Owen Coyle was playing? Super John, Sunbed,

Branagan all lads who lift the quieter boys.

I feel Blake can do a job as others had said coming on as sub etc, I think he's been brought in to lift the whole playing staff,

Owen knows what he's like both mentally & playing ability, I trust Owens decision to sign him.

some of you lot really need to get a grip. No it's not a brilliant signing but Coyle has worked with him before and let's hope he knows more about it than the likes of Homer. We are Bolton, we often make uninspiring looking signings that come off. Remember Bob Taylor and Ian Marshall, both did a job for us.

Plus the guy who described Petrov as a'fringe' player. Think you should go and support another team mate, if you can't get excited about his signing you might just find yourself doomed to disappointment.

some of you lot really need to get a grip. No it's not a brilliant signing but Coyle has worked with him before and let's hope he knows more about it than the likes of Homer. We are Bolton, we often make uninspiring looking signings that come off. Remember Bob Taylor and Ian Marshall, both did a job for us.

Plus the guy who described Petrov as a'fringe' player. Think you should go and support another team mate, if you can't get excited about his signing you might just find yourself doomed to disappointment.

To be fair, His track record on here ain't great :tongue:

Wenger will see what he has and how Wilshere plays in the pre-season before he lets him go on loan next season.

A bit like us with Danny Ward probably.

The Blake signing has me worried, not because he wasn't a reasonable championship player a couple of seasons ago, but because we wouldn't consider signing a player like this if we had a decent transfer kitty.

It tells me that Coyle probably has much less than expected to play with.

I would still love to see us get a bomb on striker with a bit of pace, probably black from the lower leagues. But I can't say that I have seen enough recently to name a good target.

Not sure I see your logic, all this signing means is that we have not dug into the transfer kitty, If I have just got paid but have a cheap curry for me tea it does not mean I am not going to go out and have a proper meal at some point the same month.

I've followed Robbie Blakes career since he caught my eye playing for Bradford, class him very much the same as Dean Windass.

If you're trying to say he's a good signing for a Premier league side, that's not the most credible line

Jesus wept!

Not sure I see your logic, all this signing means is that we have not dug into the transfer kitty, If I have just got paid but have a cheap curry for me tea it does not mean I am not going to go out and have a proper meal at some point the same month.

If youve got enough wedge tho you'd have a proper meal seven days a week

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.