Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stuart Holden

If Muamba could recover his form from the back end of last season it would be a pretty good pairing but sadly Muamba has struggled a bit this season imo. Holden is getting more and more confident with every game and I think he is going get better the more games he plays.

I think Holden is a cracking player but I've got reservations about the pairing with muamba, I'm more than happy to be put right but they both look like ball winners and then play it simple types to me - Holden has or definately had the record for most tackles this season in the whole prem - he doesn't look like a goalscoring midfielder nor does he take people on in attacking situations and his range of passing isn't huge so if he tackles more than muamba is more comfortable on the ball shouldn't we be looking at a more creative midfileder to take Muambas place alongside him and improve the centre midfield pairing - don't get me wrong here not having a go at Muamba hes done terrific but for me the pair of them are just a bit one dimensional - I'd be happy to keep with them both as I say they've both done well just thinking how we could improve the side, the only real contender out the current squad might be Mark Davies but he's shown in a 2 man midfield he aint great (last year away at everton) and to be honest I've forgot what sean davies does, holding / attacking?

• Site Supporter

I think Holden is a cracking player but I've got reservations about the pairing with muamba, I'm more than happy to be put right but they both look like ball winners and then play it simple types to me - Holden has or definately had the record for most tackles this season in the whole prem - he doesn't look like a goalscoring midfielder nor does he take people on in attacking situations and his range of passing isn't huge so if he tackles more than muamba is more comfortable on the ball shouldn't we be looking at a more creative midfileder to take Muambas place alongside him and improve the centre midfield pairing - don't get me wrong here not having a go at Muamba hes done terrific but for me the pair of them are just a bit one dimensional - I'd be happy to keep with them both as I say they've both done well just thinking how we could improve the side, the only real contender out the current squad might be Mark Davies but he's shown in a 2 man midfield he aint great (last year away at everton) and to be honest I've forgot what sean davies does, holding / attacking?

so two wingers, one who's as lazy as a mexican and and an attacking centre mid?

fukc me, i hope not...

so two wingers, one who's as lazy as a mexican and and an attacking centre mid?

fukc me, i hope not...

Yea fair comment maybe it would be a bit gung ho but to make our wingers effective they have to get the ball early and if we've no centre midfielders who can switch play 30/40 yards quickly they'll always get the ball when the opposing fullback and winger have got bags of time to get sorted defensivley - chicken and egg i suppose and we are bolton if we had players with the lot they wouldn't be playing for us - Holdens only going to get better though and will undoubtedly add to his game.

• Site Supporter

It's not funny anymore. :nea:

I know. What a twat pretending he'd been to a restaurant that doesn't even exist! What happens if someone who follows him on twitter goes to Middlebrook for a nandos and ends up having to eat Burger King instead?

• 3 weeks later...

We will get megga money for this lad ?20m+ (summer 2011)

IMO he is one of the best I have seen in a bolton shirt, he will be a true box to box player, great engine, great taskle, good passing, good attitude and not a nasty tackle in him.

Absolutle awsome and my favorite BWFC player at the moment.

They where on abaout him on 606 again and it wont be long untill he is getting the big press coverage he deserves!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.