Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ticket Checks

C86

ESL near to North Stand had season ticket check before going in the turnstiles, dunno if anywhere else did.

Asked the Steward and he said the club think some adults are using junior tickets. No shit sherlock.

Said where doing different section each match.

Anyone hear a rumour photo's going on ST's?

• Site Supporter

To be honest I'm surprised it's taken this long to do something. I've read on here and similar boards how easy it is to get past the turnstile operators with a junior S/T and we also know that BWFC read the message boards. . .

Go figure that they found out the scam!

To be honest I'm surprised it's taken this long to do something. I've read on here and similar boards how easy it is to get past the turnstile operators with a junior S/T and we also know that BWFC read the message boards. . .

Go figure that they found out the scam!

aye, thought the same meself when it happened

so what happened to the folk they collared?

Adults buying kids ST's is a bit out of order, but i cant say much as my kid brother has an ST but he cant make every game as he plays too, so whenever he cant come i bring a mate or our owd fella comes instead, never had any bother. always thought the club would rather the seat be sat in than not?

I was told a couple of lads managed to get into the ground through those very turnstiles using the previous home games tickets.

Not sure which game it was, but I was told this a couple of weeks ago so I can only presume to two are linked. Fuck knows how they did it with the tickets having barcodes etc.

A slighty ITK Compo.

ESL near to North Stand had season ticket check before going in the turnstiles, dunno if anywhere else did.

Asked the Steward and he said the club think some adults are using junior tickets. No shit sherlock.

Said where doing different section each match.

Anyone hear a rumour photo's going on ST's?

Mate of ours still managed to get in on a junior ticket!

I think the main problem is the difference in price between a kids and an adults, at ?49 for a kids ticket you can see why people take the risk, it's paid for itself in 3 or 4 games.

Best thing to do would be increase kids prices and decrease adults, maybe to ?100 and ?200, would stop people taking risk IMO, and could even increase clubs revenue with more adults buying at cheaper prices and people on kids tickets atm upgrading.

• Moderators

I think the main problem is the difference in price between a kids and an adults, at ?49 for a kids ticket you can see why people take the risk, it's paid for itself in 3 or 4 games.

Best thing to do would be increase kids prices and decrease adults, maybe to ?100 and ?200, would stop people taking risk IMO, and could even increase clubs revenue with more adults buying at cheaper prices and people on kids tickets atm upgrading.

what a crock of shite

the best thing to do would be to stop adults getting in on a kids ticket

• Moderators

Easy way to sort it...Anyone over 13 on a junior ticket must have i.d if requested.

No ID, you dont get in.

When season tickets are issued, the club informs the "child" that they must have i.d if they look "old" for their age.

Guest Frandsen08

Easy way to sort it...Anyone over 13 on a junior ticket must have i.d if requested.

No ID, you dont get in.

When season tickets are issued, the club informs the "child" that they must have i.d if they look "old" for their age.

so that'd be a passport, not sure many parents will let their kid take their passports to the game.

ST's already have J for junior, A for adult etc, why not add a date of birth on junior cards? Photos would be a good idea too but not sure how they'd organise that.

At the end of the day though its down to the turnstile operator, and most of them couldn't give a shite, they're just there for the free seat! so the club would have to come up with an incentive for operators to start enforcing checks.

I can't believe people openly talk on here about how they get in on junior tickets or are still getting in then wonder why the club are doing ticket checks. If your on to a good thing then you keep it to yourself.

But if they kept it to themselves they wouldn't be able to come on here telling us how clever they think they are by ripping off the club they profess to support. And then their next post is complaining that Bolton cannot afford to buy a player.

Guest bwfcdan

I can't believe people openly talk on here about how they get in on junior tickets or are still getting in then wonder why the club are doing ticket checks. If your on to a good thing then you keep it to yourself.

To be fair I don't think anyone on here has admitted to having a kids ticket, just that they know people who do..

Edit - To add, I don't think it's right. But let's be honest, the gap between a kids season ticket and an adult season ticket is massive so it's no wonder some people do it. But like I said, it doesn't make it right.

Edited by bwfcdan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.