Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Replacement For Cahill

You're right, we're aiming too low, trying to get the best from the relegated teams. Arsenal will be letting a few go, how about Arshavin, Nasri & Djourou?

numpty

point went over your head then did it

for the retards like yourself, maybe, just maybe some of our players arnt as bad as our fans make out

wonder if birmingham fans would swap them players with some of our 'shit'?

maybe just maybe injuries and a small squad fucked us

spending millions on some of the shit suggested on here is not the answer.

any more wisecracks that miss the point?

numpty

for the retards like yourself, maybe, just maybe some of our players arnt as bad as our fans make out

It was only one injury that wrecked Bolton's season kiddo.

• Members

numpty

Personally I'd rather us spend the summer looking for new players who would (i) bolster the squad and (ii) improve the starting XI.

IMO Johnson and Gardner would do that.

Personally I'd rather us spend the summer looking for new players who would (i) bolster the squad and (ii) improve the starting XI.

IMO Johnson and Gardner would do that.

So you want to spend 10 - 15 million on bolstering the squad with Johnson and gardner?

• Members

So you want to spend 10 - 15 million on bolstering the squad with Johnson and gardner?

I don?t know what they?d cost ? I?d expect around ?5m for Johnson & ?3m for Gardner.

Johnson yes.

As for Gardner ? he?s young, is a midfielder with energy, knows where the back of the net is (scored twice against us this season) and has 2+ years Premier League experience.

If S Davis is not going to come back the player he was - then yes, this retard considers him a realistic target for BWFC.

Gardner scores goals but doesn't have much of an all-round game. Birmingham will probably want to keep him, but if they sell him they'll want at least 6 million. I'd rather have Pratley on a free and see what he can do. He has more to his general play, even if he's not great.

Birmingham went down because they're not very good. Their defence was a well organised unit, but the individual players are not brilliant.

I'd take Martins though, as he was only on loan and we could use some pace. He's not top-drawer, but he'd score a few. Depends on his wages.

There is very little between all the bottom half sides.

We have been slightly more consistent than the relegated teams but they still have a few good players.

I would definitely take Johnson, Ridgewell or Gardner as they could all improve our squad.

If you think we should be aiming higher then fine but this is a realistic shout.

I don?t know what they?d cost ? I?d expect around ?5m for Johnson & ?3m for Gardner.

Johnson yes.

As for Gardner ? he?s young, is a midfielder with energy, knows where the back of the net is (scored twice against us this season) and has 2+ years Premier League experience.

If S Davis is not going to come back the player he was - then yes, this retard considers him a realistic target for BWFC.

and im the one suggesting we get players out of our reach?

you think Brum will sell Johnson for the same amount they paid for him from the Championship and sell Gardner for less than they paid for him

aye, alreet then

one word

plantpot

and im the one suggesting we get players out of our reach?

you think Brum will sell Johnson for the same amount they paid for him from the Championship and sell Gardner for less than they paid for him

aye, alreet then

one word

plantpot

plant pot thats 2 words :pardon:

• Moderators

3m for a midfielder that just score 10 goals?

10 goals?

that's nowt

theres a free transfer avaialble at pompey who could do that and experts on here don't want him

10 goals?

that's nowt

theres a free transfer avaialble at pompey who could do that and experts on here don't want him

Nugent?

I reckon he's coming whether we want him or not. I also think we'll get Bothroyd on a free too.

Nugent and Bothroyd. I genuinely hope not. Coyle has called for the backing to get some younger players in, which would be preferable. After a career doing nothing, Bothroyd knocks in a few in the Championship and suddenly he's the second coming. Signing him would be a massive risk, as he's essentially Carlton Cole with less Premier League experience. He could do a job, or just be another slogger who doesn't score enough goals.

We don't play 4-5-1 any more; we need goal scorers.

Nugent and Bothroyd. I genuinely hope not. Coyle has called for the backing to get some younger players in, which would be preferable. After a career doing nothing, Bothroyd knocks in a few in the Championship and suddenly he's the second coming. Signing him would be a massive risk, as he's essentially Carlton Cole with less Premier League experience. He could do a job, or just be another slogger who doesn't score enough goals.

We don't play 4-5-1 any more; we need goal scorers.

Seen as we have the best part of fuck all strikers then IMO we will need a few free transfers as well as looking to buy 1 or 2.

Bothroyd has got 41 in 116 games (wiki) for Cardiff which is a pretty good record (I know it's the championship), but for me it's not much of a gamble to get a 28 year old striker that is in the best form of his life and just got an England call up for free.

Unless he wants ridiculous wages then I can't see a problem in us signing him tbh.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.