Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Partners

Where has this terminology come from? People are using it increasingly and increasingly I am wondering what is wrong with saying: boyfriend, girlfriend, bird, bloke, beard, knock off, bit of stuff, husband, wife etc.

I work with a girl who calls her boyfriend her "partner" all the time. I've held my tongue so far but I'm going to have to say something soon.

Does anyone on here call their regular shag this? & if so, why?

Where has this terminology come from? People are using it increasingly and increasingly I am wondering what is wrong with saying: boyfriend, girlfriend, bird, bloke, beard, knock off, bit of stuff, husband, wife etc.

I work with a girl who calls her boyfriend her "partner" all the time. I've held my tongue so far but I'm going to have to say something soon.

can't remember

• Site Supporter

No, and I agree, f?ckin stupid, I got pulled for saying " does your mrs work round here too? " (in a conversation about getting to and from work), apparently, I shouldn't have called her "mrs" and I shouldn't have referred to her using the word "your", as that indicates ownership :blink:

It wasn't him who complained, some lesbian bint overheard and actually reported it to HR, which was bad enough, but then they were f?ckin stupid enough to e mail me and ask me to come in for a chat about it, nothing disciplinary like, but just a reminder about equal rights policies and all that shite.

dicks.

thanks for posting this subject, rant over feel better now :D

Posting without wording things right, I've just been doing it.

Ignore this and carry on.

And you say you don't drink??

fuck me that makes no sense in any language, it's just a random collection of words

• Site Supporter

No, and I agree, f?ckin stupid, I got pulled for saying " does your mrs work round here too? " (in a conversation about getting to and from work), apparently, I shouldn't have called her "mrs" and I shouldn't have referred to her using the word "your", as that indicates ownership :blink:

It wasn't him who complained, some lesbian bint overheard and actually reported it to HR, which was bad enough, but then they were f?ckin stupid enough to e mail me and ask me to come in for a chat about it, nothing disciplinary like, but just a reminder about equal rights policies and all that shite.

dicks.

thanks for posting this subject, rant over feel better now :D

fuck me, that's wound me right up, that has.

thought it was PC at our place but that's just ridiculous.

But that's the thing, R. All my bender mates say, girlfriend or boyfriend, not partner.

That's because you know them, and they, and you, are comfortable with it, when strangers say it they seem to be making a statement like, "look at me, I'm not lonely, I've got a partner" while you are looking at them thinking, 'hmmm, is he/she gay'

Edited by athywhite1958

Why are you bothered?

No, she's my wife.

Just don't get why it's an issue

Fcuking hell Crawley. It's hardly an issue, rather an annoyance that the girl at work calls her boyfriend her "partner".

Apologies for not being accepting of her choice of name for her useless piece of meat at home.

Edited by no balls

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.