Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Vs Everton

StevO_Efc

Hi,

firstly thanks to Happy Wonderer for letting me do this.

I'm from www.toffeetalk.com, and I would just like to ask you guys a few questions.

I'm not expecting such a great response to be honest, but anything will be welcomed.

1. Where do you expect Bolton and Everton to finish in the Premier League this season?

2. Which Bolton players should we worry about the most, and are there any Everton players you would be worried about?

3. With the current Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright facing some fans turning against him, what is your opinion of the way your club is ran under Phil Gartside?

4. With the speculation surrounding Gary Cahill's future at Bolton, do you expect him to leave in the next window? Who would you like to bring in to replace him?

5. The January Window is just around the corner, where would you like to see Owen Coyle strengthen the side?

6. If you could take upto three Everton players, who would you take?

7. Finally, what result do you predict?

Again, thanks, and I look forward to your answers.

Ste

1. Where do you expect Bolton and Everton to finish in the Premier League this season?

Both will be in the bottom 6.

2. Which Bolton players should we worry about the most, and are there any Everton players you would be worried about?

Ivan Klasnic: he'll score given a chance. Chris Eagles, if it's his day.

3. With the current Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright facing some fans turning against him, what is your opinion of the way your club is ran under Phil Gartside?

Generally content. Survival is success for a club like ours. We have no delusions of grandeur.

4. With the speculation surrounding Gary Cahill's future at Bolton, do you expect him to leave in the next window? Who would you like to bring in to replace him?

He'll leave in January. Who we'd like & who we'll get will be two totally different things.

5. The January Window is just around the corner, where would you like to see Owen Coyle strengthen the side?

Full backs, please!

Cahill, Rodwell & Fellaini.

1-1 or an Everton 2-1 win.

Bolton anywhere between 14th and 18th, Everton between 9th and 14th

Klasnic, maybe Mark Davies or Eagles if they are on their game. Saha, Rodwell and Baines from you lot

Like Traf said it seems to be run as well as it could. We don't spend much, but we don't have much to spend.

He will be at Chelsea in January and him and Terry will be the England pairing for club and country. We won't have much to work with but maybe Onuoha or Ryhs Williams.

Full Back's and a replacement for Cahill are musts. If anythings left over then a winger.

Baines, Rodwell, Saha

Anything could happen depending what Bolton team turns up, apart from a draw (we don't do them). I'll go for 2-1 Everton

Edited by Eddie

Bolton will finish in the relegation zone, just ahead of Wigan, so 19th and Everton about 13th.

You should be worried about Chung-Yong Lee and Stu Holden, oops, hang-on, they're both maimed :(, if the Chris Eagles against Stoke turns up, I'd be worried about him and maybe Klasnic's left foot and if M.Davies is on form, his dribbling and passing game could open you up, as for Everton, I'll go with Baines, from set-pieces.

So-so, not quite sure what happened with Sam Allardyce, then messed up in giving Sammy Lee the job, he annoyed 99% of the fans with Hiring Megson, that turned out to be a very dark era, he cheered us up by finally sacking him and hiring the once believed GOD Owen Coyle, that's turned out to be just as worse as what it was like under Megson, not much he can do really, no funds, average players, sacking Coyle will only give an unlucky manager these players and we'll still not have our best 2 players available.

Yes, he'll be gone imo, as for a replacement, I think Zat Knightmare will play alongside Wheater. Who decent would we get to replace him?, well, who would want to join a team that is in free-fall, wait for Ricketts to get back from injury and try him after Knightmare as made about 1000 mistakes in a couple of months, the cash we get for Cahill, our massive debt would like a bit of it.

There's a lot of change needed, relegation will obviously bring this, however we'll not be mathematically down in January, so we might as-well try our luck at one last chance of savior.

We need a new captain, we need a new left side, we need a play-maker, we need miracle heeling physios for Holden and Lee, we need a time-machine to bring back Sturridge and Elmander, we can't just rely on Klasnic to make up the goals they scored, yes I joke, but that's what happens when Bolton embarrass and shame themselves, 14 losses out of 18, Everton must be thrilled to be playing us :/ don't be worried about our 5-0 win against Stoke, that was our perfect revenge for What happened at Wembley last April, we then follow it up with another defeat.

Jagielka, Baines and Rodwell.

Loss, we've had our win, we always lose a couple/few/four/five before we get a result again, 1-2 Everton.

Edited by Didledee

Both fighting it out at the bottom.

Klasnic, give him a sniff and he's one of the best finishers around. For you lot, Fellaini's elbows.

He does what's best for the club, I'm happy with that.

Chelsea in Jan would be my guess after his recent peformances in the England squad. Not a clue about his replacement.

A couple of full backs and an obvious replacement for Cahill when he goes.

Baines.

If the Bolton of the majority of this season turn up, a scabby loss. If the Bolton of parts of this season and last do, I'd be confident of a comprehensive win.

Edited by KP

Anywhere between 10th and bottom if the season stays this close.

Klasnic is about our only dangerous player atm however he's a chippy bugger so us just as likely to get sent off. As for everton aside from Fellaini and his flailing elbows (he makes Kev look angelic) that Drenthe looks a good in.

As has been said before he's doing his best despite what some shit stirring faceless internet twonks would have you believe.

Chelsea for 5m in Jan and I'd like us to sign Onuoha but we'll get some yank in to replace him

At the moment? Everywhere.

Timmy Tourettes, Rodwell and Baines

2-0 everton.

Hi,

firstly thanks to Happy Wonderer for letting me do this.

I'm from www.toffeetalk.com, and I would just like to ask you guys a few questions.

I'm not expecting such a great response to be honest, but anything will be welcomed.

between 16th -19th, depends how close we are when/if we get our better players fit, You lot 9th-11th

Wouldnt be overly concerned with any of our players but klasnic has a decent scoring record.

Leave that to people in the know to decide

Id except so, though taking say 5m for one of your better players in the middle of a relegation battle id say is a dubious decision, especially if we went down in the end. Let him walk in June.

Doubt we've got any money too.

Baines (ta ta finally robinson) Jagielka Rodwell

1v1

Again, thanks, and I look forward to your answers.

Ste

Edited by tarian1979

everton to finish between 10th - 14th bolton to finish between 14th - 18th

baines - he's due a free kick goal and cahill will give us nightmares when ever the ball get pumped into our box

doing a good job always going to be hard to keep fans expectations realistic

cahill is as good as gone to chelsea its just a question as to how much we can get for him, for a replacement its got to be someone with experience and a leader but will probably be any old tom dick or harry. is distin available on the cheap?

defence is the key to us staying up we have shown we can score goals but we have to start doing the basics to stay in the league

6. If you could take up to three Everton players, who would you take?

baines, jagielka and rodwell

home advantage could be the key 2 - 1 to bolton

A. Both in bottom Half, both staying up, Everton above Bolton.

2. Which Bolton players should we worry about the most,

and are there any Everton players you would be worried about?

A. N'gog because as ex Liverpool s ropy is written for him to bag a goal.

A. Fairly happy would love the marque signings and another venture into Europe but if he says we haven't got the funds then it mud be so.

A. He will go in January and hopefully the money would be used to bring in a left sided defender and another centre back.

A. As above.

6. If you could take upto three Everton players, who would

you take?

A. Howard, Fallainie and Rodwell

A. I'm saying nowt.

Bolton 17th , Everton 10th

I'm going for Kevin Davies , Everton players to worry about , no , not really we'll handle them :)

BWFC is run very well considering out resources, no complaints from me .

Gary Cahill will leave in January , i'm not sure who i'd like in his place .

I'd say a proven striker ( maybe one on loan) and defenders who can actually defend

Baines, Fellani , Rodwell

2-2

Bolton will finish in the relegation zone, just ahead of Wigan, so 19th and Everton about 13th.

You should be worried about Chung-Yong Lee and Stu Holden, oops, hang-on, they're both maimed :(, if the Chris Eagles against Stoke turns up, I'd be worried about him and maybe Klasnic's left foot and if M.Davies is on form, his dribbling and passing game could open you up, as for Everton, I'll go with Baines, from set-pieces.

So-so, not quite sure what happened with Sam Allardyce, then messed up in giving Sammy Lee the job, he annoyed 99% of the fans with Hiring Megson, that turned out to be a very dark era, he cheered us up by finally sacking him and hiring the once believed GOD Owen Coyle, that's turned out to be just as worse as what it was like under Megson, not much he can do really, no funds, average players, sacking Coyle will only give an unlucky manager these players and we'll still not have our best 2 players available.

Yes, he'll be gone imo, as for a replacement, I think Zat Knightmare will play alongside Wheater. Who decent would we get to replace him?, well, who would want to join a team that is in free-fall, wait for Ricketts to get back from injury and try him after Knightmare as made about 1000 mistakes in a couple of months, the cash we get for Cahill, our massive debt would like a bit of it.

There's a lot of change needed, relegation will obviously bring this, however we'll not be mathematically down in January, so we might as-well try our luck at one last chance of savior.

We need a new captain, we need a new left side, we need a play-maker, we need miracle heeling physios for Holden and Lee, we need a time-machine to bring back Sturridge and Elmander, we can't just rely on Klasnic to make up the goals they scored, yes I joke, but that's what happens when Bolton embarrass and shame themselves, 14 losses out of 18, Everton must be thrilled to be playing us :/ don't be worried about our 5-0 win against Stoke, that was our perfect revenge for What happened at Wembley last April, we then follow it up with another defeat.

Jagielka, Baines and Rodwell.

Loss, we've had our win, we always lose a couple/few/four/five before we get a result again, 1-2 Everton.

Diddles.. your post wasn't meant to make me smile but it did.. Nothing better than a bit of "telling it like it is " :)

Diddles.. your post wasn't meant to make me smile but it did.. Nothing better than a bit of "telling it like it is " :)

Nothing to smile about on his post it's just unfounded opinion and uneducated drivel as to our situation. Holden and Lee are injured this is true but get over it for fuck sake! We won't go Down have a bit of faith instead of dreaming about time machines and inventing comical nicknames for our players!!

Bolton 13th ? 18th Everton 8th ? 12th

Klasnic give him a chance like you did a couple of years ago he will punish you. James Beattie.

Like above we just have to stay in the Prem, chip away at the wage bill and pray Eddie Davies has a long healthy life.

Yes he will leave, Rhys Williams at Boro has been mentioned, but will end up with Man Citys 9th choice centre half.

Full backs again! And a 20-30 goal a season striker.

Baines, Jagielka and Fellaini.

2-1 Wanderers.

• Site Supporter

Bolton 13th ? 18th Everton 8th ? 12th

Klasnic give him a chance like you did a couple of years ago he will punish you. James Beattie.

Like above we just have to stay in the Prem, chip away at the wage bill and pray Eddie Davies has a long healthy life.

Yes he will leave, Rhys Williams at Boro has been mentioned, but will end up with Man Citys 9th choice centre half.

Full backs again! And a 20-30 goal a season striker.

Baines, Jagielka and Fellaini.

2-1 Wanderers.

i agree with this.

i hear christiano ronaldo is getting bored of barcelona fancies a move to bolton

Nothing to smile about on his post it's just unfounded opinion and uneducated drivel as to our situation. Holden and Lee are injured this is true but get over it for fuck sake! We won't go Down have a bit of faith instead of dreaming about time machines and inventing comical nicknames for our players!!

We know that , i almost knew what Didles would write before i read it , that's why it made me smile

i did write messi first, but i dont think he'd fit into our style of play.

then i forgot the change the club

:tongue:

Homeage, you could have pulled it back by saying he's getting bored of Barcelona taking away is dream of winning title's with Madrid.

Oh and btw Boybell, I'll be the judge of what's unfounded :P, I think you'll find a lot of what I said was pretty much realistic and I threw a bit of a joke in because that's all that's left, laughing at our situation, if not, it's too depressing and I think I'll start looking for a high bridge ;)

Edited by Didledee

Bottom 6 for both but i fear we will drop and you will stay up.

Eagles if he performs he will create chances. Klasnic as he will score one of those chances.

I like Gartside and think he has done everything he can to help us as a club. He has helped bring in some fantastic players to the reebok.

He will be at Chelsea or Liverpool come the end of of the transfer window. I can't see us signing a replacement.

We need to strengthen up front and both full backs. Hopefully the money from a cahill sale will help to do this.

Rodwell, Fellani and Jagielka

BWFC 0 Everton 2. a dull game with my friends claiming bragging rights again

Homeage, you could have pulled it back by saying he's getting bored of Barcelona taking away is dream of winning title's with Madrid.

Oh and btw Boybell, I'll be the judge of what's unfounded :P, I think you'll find a lot of what I said was pretty much realistic and I threw a bit of a joke in because that's all

that's left, laughing at our situation, if not, it's too depressing and I think I'll start looking for a high bridge ;)

Don't take it personally didds. You do need to get over the abcence of those two one of who was present during the last half of the season where we were just as bad! Zat Nightmare? Really grow up making names up like that and 1000 mistake? I think they all been at fault at some point.

Don't take it personally didds. You do need to get over the abcence of those two one of who was present during the last half of the season where we were just as bad! Zat Nightmare? Really grow up making names up like that and 1000 mistake? I think they all been at fault at some point.

In some games yes, but Lee did go off with South Korea for a while and Elmander was playing in his position, even when he returned and Holden wasn't involved in the Wembley defeat and the 5 losses after it.

Like I said it's just a jokey name for Knight, because he's that bad imo.

Edited by Didledee

• Site Supporter

Always, and yes I think I know where you going with this, you know like we've had worse and darker times, but still atm it's grim and I can't bring myself to have any faith because there's nothing to go off to give me this feeling.

137 years???

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.