Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Worst Wanderers Games

Mona

1. Newcastle v Wanderers 1976

Had to listen to it at hartshead motorway service cos the motorway was chockablock or broke down on the way to elland road, can't remember which .....?????? Too long ago, and I had to be disguised as a lad as wimmin didn't go to away games

2 Southend end 5 BWFC 2 1996....... Too painful

3 gillingham 2 BWFC 2 ????? on a friday night and what felt like 4 weeks on a bloody coach, can't rember when , probably 10..12 years ago, and dear old Florence was still living it large

PS ... And I mean the games when you seriously thought I've given up a day or more and or wages for this and for what ?????!!!!

Edited by Mona

Notts Co 6 Whites 1. Fans arriving late and being told that we are losing 6-0.

Left college early for that one with a mate from Reading. Just passed my test. Borrowed mates mums Renault 5 as she was away.

Got a speeding ticket near ground so had to own up when we got back. Thank f*ck I was covered by her insurance 'cos I didn't have a car. She wasn't best pleased.

Scarborough 0-4

Loads of whites there but we got hammered.

Bank holiday weekend I think, couldn't get a B&B when we got there and 4 (brought the birds) of us ended up in a room in a OAP sheltered accommodation place. Dead romantic that.

Where to start, but thats been the fun of it :blush:

A few spring to mind...........

QPR 7 Wanderers 1

Sheff Utd 4 Wanderes 0 (Peter Barnes & Phil Neal dust up)

Wanderers 1 Bristol City 4 (Warren Joyce "there's only one player trying")

but the low point of last 30 years has to be...

Wanderers 0 Darlington 3 (that Bonfire night)

Yep, def Bolton 0 Darlington 3 Bonfire Night 85.

Bolton 1 Mansfield 2 in the Sherpa Van in 85. We'd all convinced ourselves we were going to Wembley and Ian Greaves team from a division below beat us even though we'd gone one up.

Any amount of demoralising home defeats against Bury - they beat us all scores at Burnden in the 80s: 1-4, 2-3, 2-4, 1-3. They also did us 2-1 at Gigg Lane at the end of 98/9. Massively depressing.

Two 2-1 defeats at Blackpool in 89/90, first in the Cup, two late goals and Match of the Day turning up and going on endlessly about 1953. Same happened again late season in the league. No more depressing sight than Blackpool w*nkers running on the pitch celebrating at Bloomfield.

Bolton 1 Forest 1 in the Burnden Premiership year when Colin Cooper equalised for them in the 112th minute of injury time.

Two recent Christmas games, both 0-1 home defeats. Boxing Day 04 to Blackburn, Paul Dickov scored early for them, and Wigan in 08, Zaki pen after O'Brien decided to turn it in to a wrestling match to gift them the pen.

Yep, def Bolton 0 Darlington 3 Bonfire Night 85.

Bolton 1 Mansfield 2 in the Sherpa Van in 85. We'd all convinced ourselves we were going to Wembley and Ian Greaves team from a division below beat us even though we'd gone one up.

Any amount of demoralising home defeats against Bury - they beat us all scores at Burnden in the 80s: 1-4, 2-3, 2-4, 1-3. They also did us 2-1 at Gigg Lane at the end of 98/9. Massively depressing.

Two 2-1 defeats at Blackpool in 89/90, first in the Cup, two late goals and Match of the Day turning up and going on endlessly about 1953. Same happened again late season in the league. No more depressing sight than Blackpool w*nkers running on the pitch celebrating at Bloomfield.

Bolton 1 Forest 1 in the Burnden Premiership year when Colin Cooper equalised for them in the 112th minute of injury time.

Two recent Christmas games, both 0-1 home defeats. Boxing Day 04 to Blackburn, Paul Dickov scored early for them, and Wigan in 08, Zaki pen after O'Brien decided to turn it in to a wrestling match to gift them the pen.

Bloody hell have no recollection of that Mansfield game, there are many where I have felt bereft topped by the Bolton match was the League cup final at Cardiff and the Everton defeat in the League cup in the semi-final add to that the Tranmere games in the play off final and league cup semi, the Villa Semi in the FA cup and the Watford play off final. some bad bad days in that little lot. Oh and 1 more Charlton away when we got relegated to the 3rd Division.

• Moderators

aldershot relegation to the 4th

chelsea relegation game

watford play off final

tranmere play off final

oldham cup quarter

theres fcuking loads

19 consecutive years in the 80s without a london away win

• Moderators

aldershot relegation to the 4th

chelsea relegation game

watford play off final