Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Fa Cup Quarter Final

wayne cramp

• Moderators

Why are so many bothered about the financial implications of going down?

If you no longer want Bolton Wanderers to win the games you pay your money to go and see you need to question why the hell you are there as you are wasting your time, energy and money and a large majority of people who are there at the game with you would probably like you to piss off as well.

point 1 - we remember the 80s

point 2 - plenty are fcuking questioning it

and this large majority will fcuk off long before the hard core

Guest Frandsen08

probably

sad fcuker that he is

just because my mate got into a full blown argument with some chap over a similar sort of thing.

Will always remember Madrid away after we knocked them out

not because of what we had just done

but Meldrew chanting to all the bolton fans "where will you be on Sunday" in reference to the league away game at blackburn I think

classic

at macc , in the third round ,i nearly came to blows with some young (19 ish) lad who thought it was disgraceful to want us to get knocked out.

If you wanted us to lose, why bother going to the game? I'm not going to argue with your reasons, but surely you can accept that it's going to piss fans off who've gone there to support the team?

If you wanted us to lose, why bother going to the game? I'm not going to argue with your reasons, but surely you can accept that it's going to piss fans off who've gone there to support the team?

It did seem an odd logic to me too.

If you want a jolly day out but can't be arsed to go to the game, then why bother schlepping to the ground?

I want us to win every game we play in and would expect the 11 lads in a whites shirt to give 100% without question any any fan who doesnt follow that aint wired up right simple as that - I do however understand that better players maybe rested for less important fixtures as a season unfolds.

There's enough room at the inn for both those bedfellows IMO

• Site Supporter

at macc , in the third round ,i nearly came to blows with some young (19 ish) lad who thought it was disgraceful to want us to get knocked out.

It did seem an odd logic to me too.

If you want a jolly day out but can't be arsed to go to the game, then why bother schlepping to the ground?

To be honest, once we got to Macclesfield, and largely because they were a couple of divisions below us, any loss in that particular round would have had a massive effect on us as supporters and the team as a whole.

I've just seen this post? Tyldesey seems to have answered your daft question quite well. :nea:

we are not going bust and if we drop a division it makes things tighter but the changes needed to cope with that have been put in place to help us cope with the drop a few season ago we would have had to sell the majority of our squad now we will probably only need to sell on a few and recruit from the academy to fill the squad.

don't get me wrong I'm desperately wanting us to stay up but going down would not been the end of the story we can come back from it and be stronger for it

we are not going bust and if we drop a division it makes things tighter but the changes needed to cope with that have been put in place to help us cope with the drop a few season ago we would have had to sell the majority of our squad now we will probably only need to sell on a few and recruit from the academy to fill the squad.

don't get me wrong I'm desperately wanting us to stay up but going down would not been the end of the story we can come back from it and be stronger for it

I hope you are right but how can you be so sure? Our debt is huge and if we go down it will cost Eddie Davies a lot more to run the club and he might not fancy that. Theres many clubs and some a lot bigger been in a similar place where we are now and gone down and havent been seen since. Id rather not take that risk.

If we stay up i know next season 100% certain there will be a BWFC. When we are in the premiership theres a much bigger chance of us getting to more Wembley FA cup semis/finals than if we go down. Theres also more of an outside chance we may return to europe again. Theres a time and a place for a cup run when your a club our size and when your in a relegation battle is the not the right time, last season we were relatively comfortable and we only just stayed up in the end. We should let this one go and think about the bigger picture imo.

What evidence is there that putting out a weakened side in the cup will have a positive impact on our league performance or that putting a full strength side in the cup will have a detrimental impact on our league performance.

I have never understood this way of thinking. Surely we should play every game to win with the best side available.

Yeah , it doesnt matter if we go down , we,ll come back stronger just like Leicester , sheff weds , forest - all clubs with a bigger fan base than ours. i cant wait to go down now , at least we can say we got to the fa cup semi final .

then again - coyle will guide us to safety and win the fa cup this year - if we are listen to some folk on here .

lets not kid ourselves, no matter if we field a full strength team or an academy side, we're more than likely going to get humped by Spurs...........but even if we did field the reserves, what if shock of all shocks they won? - would we then look to field the reserves again in semi-final if we were playing Leicester, Stoke or Everton?

I don't see that resting players against Spurs will do us a great deal of good, let's just go out and field a team that we think can win the match

There's to much crap on here about sacking the cup,I will be paying good money next week to go spurs and expect a strong side. Yes our chances don't look good but you never no. I have never seen us win a major cup and these chances don't come around that often and like someone posted if we was to qualify for Europe everyone would want a piece

Guest bwfcdan

There's to much crap on here about sacking the cup,I will be paying good money next week to go spurs and expect a strong side. Yes our chances don't look good but you never no. I have never seen us win a major cup and these chances don't come around that often and like someone posted if we was to qualify for Europe everyone would want a piece

Agreed.

He isn't right, he's guessing, unless his dad's on the board of directors.

I'm not saying I know but from looking at the accounts and having it explained by a financial advisor who knows what he is talking about as he works as an administrator he believes that it is a well managed debt. It's far from rosey but we won't be needing to sell the north stand to a supermarket just yet

Edited by glossopWANDERER

Spot on! The cup isn't like the league, form doesn't matter as much as long as the team, club and fans are up for it. I'll be on the early train again next week looking forward to a great game and the chance to put right last seasons debacle in the semi final. The job was half done with the 5 0 result against Stoke. One thing I love about away days is the passion of the travelling fans and I expect the same next week whether it's 100 or 2000. A good result tomorrow will set us up nicely for a potentially classic cup tie.

Jelavic put everton 1 up. If spurs lose today and arsenal beat the geordies then maybe harry will be the one putting out the weakened team.

If Spurs play like they are now they will murder us next week.

how they are still loosing is beyond me..there luck has to change some time and it would be rude for it not to be against us!!