Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Fa Cup Quarter Final

wayne cramp

I agree, it doesn't.

Personally I'd rather it not be one or the other.

However, when I'm an old man I'd prefer to look back at a day when we won something other than the Sherpa Van in 1989. I'd have fonder memories of an FA Cup win than I would season after season of trying to avoid relegation.

If Birmingham come back up this season or next, I'm sure their fans would happily have kept their Carling Cup win and a couple of years outside the PL, rather than no silverware and a couple of seasons of mediocrity at best.

If we were going to throw it we might as well of got knocked out earlier against macc/swansea etc.

Now it's the quarters it's a maximum of 3/4 games dependent on replay.

If we can't pick enough points up from our remaining games then we don't deserve to stay up.

We might as well take it seriously now. I don't think the extra games (if we get through) will make a much of a difference.

Wembley would give us a chance of redemption.

it just aint worth the risk of getting to a semi final against chelsea , getting d1cked and having a repeat of the end of last season .

I said pretty much the same last night.

call me a miserable fucker,but i dont actually want to go to wembley again unless its a final.

I fully agree with this. Semis at Wembley are old hat now. :D

my worry is the dickhead thinks a cup run would mask all the other shite

That is a worry, a worrying reality.

25,000 whites going to wembley in the sun.....tell me that does not excite you ?

25,000?

You'll be lucky, we stuggled to take 30,000 last year and we were doing reasonably OK at the time. I would be suprised if we mustered 20,000 people shold we make it there again for another Semi

• Moderators

We've been relegation fodder since Allardyce left. A couple of cup runs and three quarters of a decent season with Coyle in charge is more than we had under Lee or Megson.

could you tell me, please, why everything has to involve allardyce, megson and lee

this isn't...is coyle better

folk can have opinions about that all day long

the question is whether coyle is a useless fcuking dickhead

I can't believe we're moaning about being in the cup quarter finals. We're potentially two games from the final. That's not gonna cripple us, I say go for it.. need all the confidence we can get this month regarding the league, going to wembley can only help that. You never know we might actually win something!

I fully agree with this. Semis at Wembley are old hat now. :D

That is a worry, a worrying reality.

better get used to em their contracted to be played there for the next 10 years or so .the grounds got to be payed for somehow

even if it means 2 teams from the north travelling 200 and odd miles to watch their teams play . the fans are the least of the FA s concern

next week (in my view) is a game we just do not need .

if and its a big if we beat qpr on saturday , it will bring renewed hope and optimism for staying up going into the blackburn , villa and wolves games .

last thing we need is a spurs away cup game thrown in the mix , for me , we throw the game , make 11 changes , get a slap on the wrist and a small fine .

i know some people will say ' yeah but what if we win etc etc' it just aint worth the risk of getting to a semi final against chelsea , getting d1cked and having a repeat of the end of last season .

A big call for Coyle but i know what my feelings are towards it .

Quarter final of the cup and we throw it - whats the point of taking part in any competition? Might as well build houses on the Reebok

Professional footballers should be able to squeeze a few more games in - in the championship next season they will be expected to play 46 league games - should we be throwing both cups?

The club needs success and we should be going all out to beat Spurs and the fans should have the same frame of mind

I agree, it doesn't.

Personally I'd rather it not be one or the other.

However, when I'm an old man I'd prefer to look back at a day when we won something other than the Sherpa Van in 1989. I'd have fonder memories of an FA Cup win than I would season after season of trying to avoid relegation.

If Birmingham come back up this season or next, I'm sure their fans would happily have kept their Carling Cup win and a couple of years outside the PL, rather than no silverware and a couple of seasons of mediocrity at best.

I totally agree - if all we have to look forward to year in, year out, just scrapping out of the bottom three then I might just call it a day and look at some other pastime. The F A Cup has always been the pinnicle for me and hopefully one day before I die I will be a proud man seeing the whites lift it

Get to Tottenham you miserable gets and lets win at Wembley twice

• Moderators

You weren't asking a question, you were making a statement.

i was saying i was worried

you brought 3 previous managers into it

i'm asking why

is it cos you agree he's a clueless fcukwit

Of course it didn't, but it would've all gone tits up even if they'd stayed up. They've been run by a succession of fuckwits. I don't have Eddie Davies down as being a fuckwit.

Pompey got relegated as a result of their finances being an absolute disaster. If we get relegated it's not because we've already sold our best players and not been paying the players left behind.

In summary, our position is fcuk all like Portsmouth's, so to compare us with them is pointless.

Edited by DazBobParr