Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Semi Final Draw

anewman

Like has been said, its all irrelevant under the circumstances but at some point football for bwfc will continue and that is what Fab would want Im sure.

Dont think that we should pull out of the FA Cup but I would be tempted to get the thing done and dusted at WHL if possible. Im sure the FA would accomodate under the circumstances.

Extra time and pens if required, whilst this puts us at a disadvantage I would think playing them twice in the next 3 weeks along with Bburn and Wolves wouldnt do us any favours in the league.

To be fair I can see us doing the business next time and I will not be missing it for the world.

• Site Supporter

Not the same. The Villa game will get played as and when we find a free Tuesday or Wednesday. The quarter final game is under time constraints so if we aren't ready to play then the FA will maybe offered pulling out as an option to allow the scheduled semis to be played at the right weekend

Absolutely not. I can't imagine Muamba would want anything like that.

I can't think of a legitimate reason why anyone would want to. Surely the best thing is to go on and the team to pull together and do try their hardest to salvage something decent from an horrendous situation. If nothing else it'll give an opportunity for Bolton Wanderers to thank Spurs and their fanbase and probably raise a tidy some for the British Heart Foundation or similar at the same time.

Edit:

@Butterfly, that doesn't really make much sense. The game has been postponed due to the fact that the players and staff will be in no fit state mentally to prepare for the game between Saturday* and Tuesday night. They haven't pulled out of the game.

Edit 2: Sunday to Tuesday*

Edited by Boothy

Similar reasons as why the Villa match has been postponed I expect.

The reason for the postponment is because it's in 2 days.

Personally, I think it is wrong to pull out of the cup game, and I would expect any competitive footballer to think the same. I'd hope the Blackburn game is still on too, unless the situation with Fabrice changes for the worse.

The best way to show they care is for the players to win games for Fabrice.

Edited by no balls

Irrespective of the obscene amounts of money sloshing about the game: the players are just normal blokes with normal feelings underneath the cocky facade.

Any Bolton player on that pitch on Saturday will have had their heads mashed: they're in no fit mental state to do themselves, the club, the fans or Fabrice justice.

That's another reason why it's right to postpone the Villa game.

However, "normal service" will have to be resumed sooner rather than later. The lads can devote our survival to Fabrice.

#comeonfab.

At the moment, I have no interest in the game.

Me neither, they can throw our ball in the bin for me. Im sure the club will make the right decision though whether it be go all guns blazing and do it for Fab or just pull out if we have to decide before we find out how he is.

All football for our club should be cancelled until we find out how he is imo.

Had a bloke at work today have a pop at Bolton, if they pull out, shows weakness etc.

He is a Liverpool fan !!

Politely asked him to leave the room. Now is not the time for his obvious point scoring, and desperation to bring a certain a certain thing up !

I wonder how many Spurs players want to play the game.

I for one will stand and applaud their players at the Reebok. I also think in response to the respect shown by their fans on Saturday Bolton should make a significant gesture for the league game, even going as far as providing their tickets for free or donating the ticket money to a charity that helps screening amongst young people.

The League is massive for both teams in a footballing sense but in many ways irrelevant.

I would think that an event such as this should galvanise the players.

If not in the FA Cup (returning to white hart lane) then certainly in the

league.

If ever you had an incentive to go out and keep us up - it is now.

Do it for FAB, his family and everyone connected with the football club.

While I want us to remain in the cup, I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it will be for the players to go back to White Hart Lane next week. Can imagine the players, especially someone like Reo-Coker who knows he should have Fab by his side, would be far too emotional to play the match. Think it should be up to the players and the manager over whether they can manage it. I trust the club to make the right decision.