Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I Know He Doesn't Drink But

starvin marvin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying it's easy to find good players cheap, but surely you have to do better than chucking it on a new 4th/5th choice striker.

It's not that long ago that people were saying that Klasnic should be starting every game. Now they want to know why Sordell isn't.

Sordell was signed as cover for the three main strikers. Klasnic and Davies are out of contract in the Summer. We could have waited until then to sign a replacement and missed out.

I doubt he'll be '4th/5th choice' next season.

It's not that long ago that people were saying that Klasnic should be starting every game. Now they want to know why Sordell isn't.

Sordell was signed as cover for the three main strikers. Klasnic and Davies are out of contract in the Summer. We could have waited until then to sign a replacement and missed out.

I doubt he'll be '4th/5th choice' next season.

Probably not, but then we might be in the Championship.

I don't think anyone is suggesting Sordell starts every game, only that buying him is a bizarre way to use what little money we had. I think it's reasonable to think that for ?3mil we could've brought someone in to better replace our injured players, or just anyone, anyone at all, who could have some impact on us staying up.

As it is, the three main strikers have scored a goal each this year, and yet he's nowhere to be seen.

The idea that Elmander chose to start scoring because his contract was up, and then stop because he'd been given a new one in Turkey, is ridiculous. If he could do that, why not decide to score every week and sign for Barcelona?

Tom I have a funny feeling that you maybe a bigger statto than me, if you are see how many goals he scored in the first and second six months of each of his three years with us. I reckon the first six months of his final year will be far higher than any of the rest

Apologies in advance if I'm wrong

Probably not, but then we might be in the Championship.

I don't think anyone is suggesting Sordell starts every game, only that buying him is a bizarre way to use what little money we had. I think it's reasonable to think that for ?3mil we could've brought someone in to better replace our injured players, or just anyone, anyone at all, who could have some impact on us staying up.

As it is, the three main strikers have scored a goal each this year, and yet he's nowhere to be seen.

Funnily enough no-one was questioning why we'd signed him when we won three games on the trot...

How many good signings has coyle made?

Holden? is that it?

Plenty of bad uns and a lucky miss not signing Vela from Arsenal and ending up with Sturridge.

Vela is having a decent La Liga season at Real Sociedad, scored 2 at weekend. Who's to say he wouldn't have bagged a few at Bolton if he was given the run Sturridge did?

I love the way Bolton supporters think we just needed to buy replacements for Holden , Lee, Sturridge and Elmander. WE AIN'T GOT NO MONEY. The sound of the penny dropping is all we have

Allegedly watford recently accepted 3 million chocolate buttons, a packet of cadburys fingers and the assurance that elton john would be invited to Owen's end of season crack party in return for a striker. But keep that to yourself

We have six games to go, none of our strikers are really breaking any scoring records and they all look jaded at the moment.

It just might be that in the remaining games Sordell IS used and keeps us up.

I think he has held him back because Ngog was doing ok recently but looked tired against Fulham.

I thought Sordell may have started at Newcastle but perhaps Swansea at home will be better!

He wasn't the quickest, granted, but by jove he scored some important goals for us and always tried his hardest.

Out of all the ex-Bolton contingent currently at West Ham, he'd be the only one I'd have back here - woofter or not.

• Moderators

you'd not have nolan over pratley

really?

nor faye over just about everybody?

fitness permitting, obviously

even fcuking vaz te over sordell

anyway, a mere tangent

ignore :)

you'd not have nolan over pratley

really?

nor faye over just about everybody?

fitness permitting, obviously

even fcuking vaz te over sordell

anyway, a mere tangent

ignore :)

There all pretty much like for like, Pratley playing in the championship would score plenty as would sordell, Nolan is on 60 k a week and Faye is about 40 but he was quality 6-7 years ago. In short I would not swap what we have for any of the West Ham players named.

Edited by Mounts Kipper