Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Boo Boys

gonzo

great post ani-totally agree with you

the first half was total dross,but our home support is pathetic,we sit in the east stand lower,which is the equivalent of the burnden terrace and the fans around us make less noise than a turkey on xmas day and if you make a noise or give an opinion you are told to sit down and shut up

seriosusly thinking of just going to the away games next season

We've always seemingly had more idiots than your average fanbase, but it's getting beyond a joke now.

When Mears had the ball deep in his own half, a winger breathing down his neck a couple of yards away, and only Bogdan available, to boo him for passing it back was baffling. I just want to fucking shake these fans and ask them what the fuck they wanted him to do in that situation. Utter fucking pricks.

I'm sure it was never this bad until the Megson days; now Bolton fans seem to believe they have some divine right to show their disgust whenever possible. And to think I used to laugh at clubs like Newcastle for their booing.

I almost feel inclined to email Dougie to apologise for their behaviours its getting that bad. This is a man who really was adored at Selhurst. His goal saved them from dropping to League One. He scored at Coventry to secure an unlikely play off place when they went up under Dowie. He had two lengthy spells at the club, and everything was going well for him under Palace when he joined us. One defeat in eight, after inheriting a terribly disorganised side under Coyle. He's slowly but surely turning the tide for us, I just wish these morons would show some fucking respect.

Football fans accross the board get frustrated by their team, most respond with support, and by that I mean creating an atmosphere of solidarity, lots of positive noise, was a trademark of Burnden Park, if we were below par we used to raise the roof to try and get the players going, I get the feeling we have adopted a new breed of supporter since our move to Horwich, you know the type who only had crown green bowls prior to us invading their patch, suddenly standing on Manny road listening to some owd cunt moaning seems preferable to some of the morons who frequent home games, in short, if you are not in it for the bad times as well as good, then FUCK OFF.

agree Dom

If there was supposed to be 16000 on today less say 1000 charlton fans ,then take off the 3000 diehards who go to the away games what exactly do the remaining 12000 contribute-not a lot methinks

we had a better atmosphere at burnden with 4000-whats gone wrong

• Site Supporter

agree Dom

If there was supposed to be 16000 on today less say 1000 charlton fans ,then take off the 3000 diehards who go to the away games what exactly do the remaining 12000 contribute-not a lot methinks

we had a better atmosphere at burnden with 4000-whats gone wrong

they contribute season ticket money.

do you really reckon there are many glory hunters there... or 15000 fans sat in a freezing cold stadium watching a team that should be walking this league not putting any effort in.

The crowd does get going... the players don't react, there used to be a feel that when the stands got excited the players would reciprocate, half the team sem happy just to stroll around..

hence the boo'ong..

that said I didn't boo, I was too busy with my flask

I think we are all getting a little lost as to what actually was being booed yesterday....

It was a fucking substitution!

Ani you mention the Ipswich game,yes it was shocking and at the end,people had their right to boo,we got beat.

But yesterday people booed a substitution.....not a 2-1 defeat against relegation fodder,a substitution in game that was heading for complete stalemate.

Let the man do his job,then complain afterwards.

I often hear things like 'oh it happens at every ground'....I say no,it fucking doesn't.

Chungy was pretty poor yesterday so taking him off was right thing to do, I think given our shit start folk are just pissed off and are booing fucking anything.

If that is true then they are just half wits then. If someone boos you would hope they actually had a reason, even a bad one, for doing it.

Freedman came up to Bolton for a big payrise, he said as much in his first interview....security for my family blah blah.A big payrise usually comes with more responsibility and stress.Coping with a more demanding public is part of that.He could have stayed at nice Crystal Palace working for their lovely, polite fans on a third the wage and a third the pressure if he wanted.He opted for the money and the stress.