Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

16 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

What makes you think DW would beat him at the 3rd try?

Fury won every round of this fight, sure it wasn't blockbuster stuff but he was clearly ahead.

I just think he would. Can you seriously say TF dominated the fight? For me there was not much between the two.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Underpants said:

I just think he would. Can you seriously say TF dominated the fight? For me there was not much between the two.

Amazing how different people see it. Fury totally dominated it for me.

8 hours ago, Underpants said:

It was clearly the game plan.

Fury Couldn't risk opening up for a gun fight early doors.

He knew Whyte was heavier and fades mid fight and was susceptible to an uppercut.

He drained the life out of him then bosh bang on cue.

Every fight fury fights he changes style and adapts his game. Really clever fighter.

• Site Supporter

@gonzothat Hatton fight at City stunk the place out, it was a horrible fight. It was summer after his Mayweather fight - went on to fight Malignaggi then Manny.

I was sat next to Lovemore N’Dou’s trainer that night - he fought Maliganaggi on the undercard

Poor last night. And singing American folk/pop songs doesn’t make him a true Englishman. Fuckin’ paddywhacker. Can’t believe he wrestled for 5-6 rounds. Threw one punch and got paid approx £75m. And we slag off the Premier League players. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Whyte reckons he got knocked out because Fury pushed him over and he banged his head on the canvas. Nothing to do with the uppercut. 😂

Just gone back to have a look. Yep talking shite. 

11 hours ago, Rudy said:

Just gone back to have a look. Yep talking shite. 

Aye searched it on youtube, lands on his back first. Wouldn't have gone down like a tree if he wasnt already knocked out the mad cunt.

This vid came up after, there was a lot of smoke blown up Whytes arse before the fight. Hes not in this league. Hes not knocking Wilder out either.

• Members
Just now, gonzo said:

Aye searched it on youtube, lands on his back first. Wouldn't have gone down like a tree if he wasnt already knocked out the mad cunt.

This vid came up after, there was a lot of smoke blown up Whytes arse before the fight. Hes not in this league. Hes not knocking Wilder out either.

Fury is elite. 
IMO there are 3 elite active boxers in this world who are on that next level. Fury, Canelo and Crawford.

Like you said mate he’s a clever boxer and he adapts and changes to his opponents weaknesses. He’ll do the same to AJ.

Fury is like Mayweather, you just can’t hit him, his defence is impeccable it would take something absolutely devastating to keep him down. 

• Members

“Lennox (Lewis) is a conqueror? No. I’m Alexander. He’s no Alexander. I’m the best ever. There’s never been anybody as ruthless. I’m Sonny Liston. I’m Jack Dempsey. There’s no one like me. I’m from their cloth. There’s no one that can match me. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable. And I’m just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah.” - Mike Tyson

This is my favourite ever quote by  a sportsman from my favourite ever boxer but the bit in bold perfectly describes Tyson Fury

1 hour ago, Traf said:

In his (pisspoor) autobiography, Fury pretty much alludes to getting beaten by McDermott, by saying he felt he just about did enough to win and he was grateful that the ref was the sole judge.

Its sat in my bedside drawer gathering dust. In both senses of the word. 

Shall It stay there?

• Members
6 hours ago, Escobarp said:

He lost to John McDermott though as I’ve said previously. 

I get what you’re saying but he didn’t lose it, officially he’s undefeated. I think he was lucky to beat Wallin.

Mayweather was lucky to beat Canelo

Canelo was lucky to beat GGG

And as you say Taylor was lucky to beat Catterall

The record stands, Fury is undefeated it doesn’t make him the best HW of all time. Ali lost twice as did Tyson and they’d still quite rightly be considered better than him.

Any sport left open to judges decisions is open to interpretation and ahem corruption.  It’s how you personally rate the boxer. 

39 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I get what you’re saying but he didn’t lose it, officially he’s undefeated. I think he was lucky to beat Wallin.

Mayweather was lucky to beat Canelo

Canelo was lucky to beat GGG

And as you say Taylor was lucky to beat Catterall

The record stands, Fury is undefeated it doesn’t make him the best HW of all time. Ali lost twice as did Tyson and they’d still quite rightly be considered better than him.

Any sport left open to judges decisions is open to interpretation and ahem corruption.  It’s how you personally rate the boxer. 

I’m not saying fury is anything but a phenomenal fighter. What he’s done and been through is remarkable. And yes he’s undefeated of course he is. 

but he lost that fight by a wide margin. At the time I thought why are they backing this guy to that extent he’s crap. I’m a well regarded boxing analyst as you can see 😬. It’s now become clear. But not in their wildest dreams did they expect him to achieve what he has. 

I don’t think he will retire either. Not without beating the winner of aj and usyk and becoming undisputed.