Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

• Site Supporter

He could win early but the value is the 5/1 ish available on Bellew. Don't underestimate how shit Haye is. He has so may ways to lose. Too soft, no chin, too scared, fake injury, no character, unfit, shit at boxing, name it. Bellew is nothing special but will only lose by getting beaten, if you see what I mean. I won't be watching.

So basically anything.

I've said I'll not be watching but can see myself getting sucked in again.

I'm looking forward to the reaction of the loser. 

• Site Supporter

http://www.youtu.be/Jg5qEyZ8UJo

Let's play a game....

Fast forward this to 37 mins in and see long you can last with the volume up.

I got to 42 mins. Quite proud really.

Half wanted Bellew to win it before I saw that. I hope Haye demolishes him now. Obnoxious scouse twats.

Surprised more hasn't been made of the scouse cunt in the crowd shouting "Go back to the jungle!".

Edited by Cheese

Half wanted Bellew to win it before I saw that. I hope Haye demolishes him now. Obnoxious scouse twats.

Surprised more hasn't been made of the scouse cunt in the crowd shouting "Go back to the jungle!".

This is where you being a telly snob fails you my good man cheese.

It was a reference to coming 2nd in I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

Hopefully anyway.

• Site Supporter

This is where you being a telly snob fails you my good man cheese.

It was a reference to coming 2nd in I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

Hopefully anyway.

Ah! :D Fair enough.

Still want Haye to shut them up.

I didn't mind Haye before. Couldn't understand why folk didn't like him. Anyway, even in my eyes he has come over as a reet twat in the build up to this fight. Maybe he's playing the pantomime villan to get some more PPV viewers in. I like my boxing but I won't be conned in to paying for it like this. Fights very rarely live up to all the hype. I hope it's a good fight and will wait for the re-run when it's broadcast.

28 years ago last Saturday (times flies!). I was living in London at the time and remember loads of us going round a mate's place to watch it on satellite as that was less available then, but he worked as caretaker in a posh set of flats in South Kensington. He kept telling us to keep the noise down, but he was shouting with the rest of us when Frank landed at 5:05 on the video. If only Bruno'd followed though with a combination, he could have had one of the greatest upsets ever - in the manner of Buster Douglas two fights later.

[media]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A_PKiXOitI[/media]

28 years ago last Saturday (times flies!). I was living in London at the time and remember loads of us going round a mate's place to watch it on satellite as that was less available then, but he worked as caretaker in a posh set of flats in South Kensington. He kept telling us to keep the noise down, but he was shouting with the rest of us when Frank landed at 5:05 on the video. If only Bruno'd followed though with a combination, he could have had one of the greatest upsets ever - in the manner of Buster Douglas two fights later.

[media]

Frank was great but his very low body fat meant he had very little stamina and tired very easily. Once he was tired his glass chin came into range.

Frank was great but his very low body fat meant he had very little stamina and tired very easily. Once he was tired his glass chin came into range.

That's my main concern with Anthony Joshua.

No way he's going past 7 rounds with Klit. Body builders can't run.

Said he wanted to more or less make his opponent a cabbage. "I will be unhappy if he gets up after 10 seconds. I would consider that a loss." 

http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/talkSPORT/audio/current2016/talkSPORT-20170302-130644.mp3

Hope it's just to sell tickets/ box office. If he means it then he's gone down in my estimation. I love boxing and it's easy to get caught up in the hype. End of the day it's a sport and however much you might dislike a fighter I always hope both come out of it safe.

Satan, where you around for laing v Jones and kaylor v christie

Saw Laing and Christie live a few times when I used to get freebies to Albert Hall, Wembley etc (and shit heaps like  Elephant and Castle). But them two fights were a bit before I started going. Laing was so gifted.

Some great nights though e.g. Robert McCracken fights when the Brummies would turn out in force and smash the place up, Lennox Lewis v Gary Mason (the "new Bruno") at Wembley, Herol Graham putting Rod Douglas into hospital etc etc.

[media]

Was in dat der London staying with our mutual friend, DC. We listen to it on the wireless box. Must have been down there for a match. Anyone know which one it was? Ta.

Hope it's just to sell tickets/ box office. If he means it then he's gone down in my estimation. I love boxing and it's easy to get caught up in the hype. End of the day it's a sport and however much you might dislike a fighter I always hope both come out of it safe.

Speaking like this even to sell tickets is not on. Boxing is constantly walking a tightrope of acceptability. Self serving twats like this does it no favours. If he does what he threatens the uproar will have consequences for the sport.  He forgets it is a sport at the end of the day!

Edited by bgoefc

Was in dat der London staying with our mutual friend, DC. We listen to it on the wireless box. Must have been down there for a match. Anyone know which one it was? Ta.

That date was sandwiched between two aways at Blackpool and the Old Gold Bastards, so no - you must have just been on the piss.

DC doesn't go now and is shagging a Munich lass!

• Moderators

Saw Laing and Christie live a few times when I used to get freebies to Albert Hall, Wembley etc (and shit heaps like Elephant and Castle). But them two fights were a bit before I started going. Laing was so gifted.

Some great nights though e.g. Robert McCracken fights when the Brummies would turn out in force and smash the place up, Lennox Lewis v Gary Mason (the "new Bruno") at Wembley, Herol Graham putting Rod Douglas into hospital etc etc.

It's prob on YouTube but Laing twice gave Colin jones a boxing lesson

Colin Jones twice caught up with him and kod him

The Kaylor Christie thing landed em both in bother

West Ham v Brum

They were proper brawling at the press do

Saw Laing and Christie live a few times when I used to get freebies to Albert Hall, Wembley etc (and shit heaps like  Elephant and Castle). But them two fights were a bit before I started going. Laing was so gifted.

And this one that finished Honeyghan 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ZmODFI5h4