Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

"i Refuse To Fight For Queen And Country". Well Said That Man.

Cheese

• Site Supporter

i gave it 2 minutes but his accent grated so off it went

why did he join up then

just to kill folk?

Maybe you should have listened for longer than 2 minutes? Questioning the legitimacy of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan doesn't make him a "traitor". I imagine 90% of the Armed forces would agree with him.

Do you think the British soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan died for a worthy cause? Do you think bombing villages in the Middle-East is protecting our freedom?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter

The armed forces wouldn't have me so feck em. If they ever needed to do conscription they couldn't call me up.

The guy seemed to have seen w lot and from googling him it appears his views are tainted from working with US forces too often.

Maybe you should have listened for longer than 2 minutes? Questioning the legitimacy of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan doesn't make him a "traitor". I imagine 90% of the Armed forces would agree with him.

Do you think the British soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan died for a worthy cause? Do you think bombing villages in the Middle-East is protecting our freedom?

Still did it though didnt he.

• Moderators

Ohhh, so many questions

who mentioned him being a traitor?

why put iraq and afghan in one box?

maybe - do you know that it isn't?

Yes. Which gives him far more authority to talk on the subject than any of us.

I'm not saying it doesn't.

He made the speech and you put it on here,therefore it's up for discussion.

To go to the lengths he has in warfare in a cause he didn't believe in questions the blokes sanity IMO.

It's alright taking part and then saying it was wrong afterwards eh?

As for the people you know that don't believe in the cause,why don't they just come home and get another job?

i gave it 2 minutes but his accent grated so off it went

why did he join up then

just to kill folk?

I've also not watched it, but judging from the Youtube still photo of him and some of his CV that another poster mentioned - I'd hazard a guess he didn't join up to escape a life of unemployment or underemployment in some post-industrial shithole in the Welsh Valleys or Northern England.

• Site Supporter

I'm not saying it doesn't.

He made the speech and you put it on here,therefore it's up for discussion.

To go to the lengths he has in warfare in a cause he didn't believe in questions the blokes sanity IMO.

It's alright taking part and then saying it was wrong afterwards eh?

As for the people you know that don't believe in the cause,why don't they just come home and get another job?

I don't think you understand the point of the video. He isn't questioning the soldiers serving. He's questioning the legitimacy of the wars they are sent to fight. Nobody in their right mind WANTS to go to war. He is saying that the government and media continue to perpetuate a myth that joining the armed forces to fight for "Queen and Country" is the pinnacle of honourability. Yet every decade or so, they're sent to invade some shit hole in the interests of big business. If that's what "Queen and Country" means, they should atleast be honest about it instead of pretending it's about protecting our freedom.

I don't think you understand the point of the video. He isn't questioning the soldiers serving. He's questioning the legitimacy of the wars they are sent to fight. Nobody in their right mind WANTS to go to war. He is saying that the government and media continue to perpetuate a myth that joining the armed forces to fight for "Queen and Country" is the pinnacle of honourability. Yet every decade or so, they're sent to invade some shit hole in the interests of big business. If that's what "Queen and Country" means, they should atleast be honest about it instead of pretending it's about protecting our freedom.

I do understand what he and you are trying to say but the legitimacy of the two wars you single is a matter of opinion.

You,and him obviously think there wasn't a legitimate cause for either of those wars along with many of other people. On the other hand there's plenty of folk including service men that believe going to war was the right thing to do.

Either way those involved had a choice wether to go or not.

As I hinted at in my first post,I'd like to think our service men and woman aren't dumb enough to be apparently brain washed by the government to go to war for reasons that aren't a matter of fact.

I'd like to think our service men are highly trained individuals and know exactly what they are doing and why they are doing it and going to war 100% committed to the task on hand.

Not in some kind of mad patriotic mindset thinking they are defending queen and country.

• Site Supporter

Cheese the controversial returns.

Got to 3 minutes and had enough.

Posted to get a bite so won't.

No controversy here. I just agree with the speaker, that I don't want our servicemen/women dying for the absolute wrong reasons, whilst being lied to.

No controversy here. I just agree with the speaker, that I don't want our servicemen/women dying for the absolute wrong reasons, whilst being lied to.

So does that mean you're happy for them to die for the wrong reasons whilst not being lied to? Or happy for them to die right reasons whilst being lied to?

It's all so confusing!

So does that mean you're happy for them to die for the wrong reasons whilst not being lied to? Or happy for them to die right reasons whilst being lied to?

It's all so confusing!

Absolute wrong reasons

Reasonably wrong reasons are acceptable

My Dad fought in Suez in 1956 and other little wars that UK troops fought in but were never published. He wouldn't talk about his time in the SAS, I know whatever he saw and did affected him till the day he died. He always advised me against joining the armed forces, I never did and never will.

• Site Supporter

What did he think he'd be doing in the army?

Running round Borsdane Woods with a stick going "errr errr errrrr err errrrr errrr errr YER DEAD YER CUNT"

Pew.... Pew.... Pew pew pew....

I'm pretty certain that the MOD haven't said anything against what he's said, but have put a banning order on him revealing anything that might contravene the 'Official Secrets Act'.

You don't get into the SAS being a normal soldier, and it seems like he's probably seen what other Ex-SAS soldiers have done in selling their stories and decided he wants to make a name for himself. The nature of Special Forces is that they do the dirty work that people are never meant to know about.

I cant watch the video where I am so I am just going by the posts on here, but if this guy doesnt agree with the wars why didnt he leave earlier? surely it doesnt take as may tours as he has done to realise also why join the SAS if he is not that way inclined? seems like he is a bit of an attention seeker after 15 mins of fame.....off with his head!!