Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trainers

fellman

Anyone else get a voucher code off adidas the other day? Couldn't turn down 30% off. Would appreciate any tips for some white leather originals for my hols (thinly veiled) so the sun doesn't wreck the suede on my Gazelles.

In a white leather trainer, these shout 'holidays' to me (hello ducky)...Just looking at them makes me want to chuck a patio chair across a piazza or placa. :)

$_35.JPG

£34.99 plus £4.99 postage here on Ebay, only in 11 though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/adidas-KICK-TRAINERS-/261371451305?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item3cdaf3d7a9

As an aside, why are adidas trainers so cheap (well, cheaper) all of a sudden? They're devaluing the brand, the next stop for them is that they'll be aquired by Ashley and he'll be sticking the three stripes on some 'Lonsdale' pumps he couldn't flog...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

You can get World Cup kick 'Zaire' in green and yellow, rare as the proverbial rocking horse shit - TK Maxx of all places was selling them off, boxless, around seven or so years ago, if anyone who collects saw them in here, they would've bought them up and stored them away...

1-adidas-kick-leopards-zaire-2004-wspok-

A bit snazzy for my liking, I preferred the Kick Espana...There's another trainer you hardly see, a pair are going on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/adidas-kick-trainers-espania-82-deadstock-collectable-/161281227992?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item258d1c3cd8 but they've seen better days and I wouldn't wear someone else's trainers`(unless they'd only worn 'em once or twice, and they passed the UV light test ;)).

mMTrl38dFLVY9nn_If31yaA.jpg

Anyone else get a voucher code off adidas the other day? Couldn't turn down 30% off. Would appreciate any tips for some white leather originals for my hols (thinly veiled) so the sun doesn't wreck the suede on my Gazelles.

scarpe-adidas-dragon-white-royal-blue-re

Just got these.

Apart from coming with 3 miles of laces they look the bees knees.

Get some Neo's pal.

£45,nice enough for your hollybobs.

• Site Supporter

Due some new trainers.. but the LA TRAINERS i bought last time just dont seem to last..

I was offered a part in a short film about a gangster...  Pay was £500 for a nights work..

Got the script and it involved running down down alleys, not showing faces and cornering someone.. then making them kiss my shoes...

I decided wasnt really for me that that point...

• Members

Due some new trainers.. but the LA TRAINERS i bought last time just dont seem to last..

I was offered a part in a short film about a gangster...  Pay was £500 for a nights work..

Got the script and it involved running down down alleys, not showing faces and cornering someone.. then making them kiss my shoes...

I decided wasnt really for me that that point...

I'll do it.

• Moderators

These are my favourite 'white trainers you could only wear for about five minutes before they got a mark on them and looked scruffy/shit'...adidas Nastase.

haajnastase2004-1ab0191.jpg

are they a similar vintage to atps?

i loved them  and hoped for a reissue but apparently it won't happen cops adidas can't use atp due to licencing issues

there were some very similar a couple of years back, mind

main difference i can see is that atps had holes in the toe bit

I know they had some in that 'Ran' shop St Ann's Arcade in Manchester - around eight years ago...

And that's the limit of my knowledge.

I do know the ones I like were in lightweight mesh/nylon (like the knackered ones) - I think the pictured (new) ones are leather.

adidas starsky? I'm sure they've changed the sole (and that I've had this conversation on here with someone else, before), the Nastase, opposite to this, seem to have reverted back to the original 70s design.

I like the reissue/modified ones from about nine years ago with the caricature of Illie on the tongue.

I bought some SL-72 from Germany around nine years ago, and they sent me black and white ones instead of blue, I didn't send the buggers back though.

Only started wearing them recently, I used to think the made me look like Fred Astaire before...What's changed since I dunno.

$(KGrHqF,!mEFGL9VlVYRBRk,,PEEOg~~60_35.J