Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Israel/palestine Conflict

Sorry no expert on this, Israelies occupied in Palestine after the 2nd world war and there has been tension ever since. The simple answer. If some one could explain more, please feel free as I'd like to know too.

there's plenty on the net. I'd not use the word 'occupied' though

In other word you don't know and we have to google

Thanks

Not really as I read and listen to those with knowledge of the area, but whatever someone says if the reader does not want believe then it's pointless to post. There's too many agendas which is why I mentioned the word 'occupied'

• Moderators

That's the end of that chat then.

Obviously not. I doubt many folk have to be fair, so their opinions are equally null and void.

It's all a big Jewish conspiracy isn't it? You sound a bit like George Galloway.

No one mentioned Jewish. Makes no odds to me but if you feel it strengths your argument then, aye, notorious anti-Semite me, despite being engaged to one a few years back. I stopped reading there.

Not really as I read and listen to those with knowledge of the area, but whatever someone says if the reader does not want believe then it's pointless to post. There's too many agendas which is why I mentioned the word 'occupied'

So is it widely believed the bbc have an agenda??

• Moderators

i've been waiting for this one :)

maggie - can you agree with this

this is an almighty mess

the un and the wider community have contributed to it

hamas are cunts

the kids on the beach arent hamas

if somebody decided to drop tens of thousands of persecuted africans in to the home counties fcuking off the locals, thered be one almighty kick off

• Moderators

So is it widely believed the bbc have an agenda??

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, despite what some folk might claim. However I noticed on Twatter on Sunday there was a massive Free Gaza march in London, the photo showed what looked like tens of thousands of people. Yet there was no mention of it on the BBC during the day. I'd been glued to BBC News due to MH17, I would have thought a demo on such a scale would have warranted a mention.

• Moderators

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, despite what some folk might claim. However I noticed on Twatter on Sunday there was a massive Free Gaza march in London, the photo showed what looked like tens of thousands of people. Yet there was no mention of it on the BBC during the day. I'd been glued to BBC News due to MH17, I would have thought a demo on such a scale would have warranted a mention.

the manc one got a brief mention on radio manc

You sounds like Owen Jones. The same 2500 lefty twats march in Parliament Square every Saturday, everyone ignores them and they bitch and moan about a right wing media conspiracy from the Tory controlled BBC. 

• Moderators

seeing as NB objects to 'occupied territories' is this taken form wikipedo incorrrect?

it continues to be designated as an occupying power in the Gaza Strip by the United Nations Security Council, and the United Nations General Assembly

must admit, the term occupied territories is one i grew up with and it seems that the occupation has increased rather than lessened as ive got older

That part of the world the Jews have always lived if they didn't have a state of their own the likes of Hamas would practice ethnic cleansing that's why they rightly deserve there own land, when the Jews gave land back that they had cultivated and brought back from the desert the Arabs then neglected it and it returned back to it's original state. How can there be any diplomacy with the Arabs when Hamas want to eradicate Israel. The sad part of all this is the average man, women and children in Gaza pawns in Hamas's sick propaganda game.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I have noticed that a great many of the folk who are worried about the numbers of immigrants, particularly Muslims coming to the UK seem unable to comprehend why plonking a new country in the middle east should have caused such a problem.

It was not the best idea in hind sight, but considering the persecution that they’ve had over many centuries what else was there to do

It was not the best idea in hind sight, but considering the persecution that they’ve had over many centuries what else was there to do

I'm sure there were plenty of other displaced peoples throughout the past 2000 years. The idea was being muted well before the second world war. The Balfour declaration was in 1917.

We've done pretty well though. We're largely responsible for India and Pakistan as well as Israel and Palestine. Bagsy we don't invent any new countries for a while.

I have noticed that a great many of the folk who are worried about the numbers of immigrants, particularly Muslims coming to the UK seem unable to comprehend why plonking a new country in the middle east should have caused such a problem.

The Jews have always lived in the Middle East Islam/Moslems don't want to let them live peacefully that's why they need their own state your statement is not remotely connected or relevant.