Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
20 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Ole says that the they are the biggest and best club in the world

Are they even the biggest club in the city? 

Depends how you define 'big' I suppose. If you're looking at sales of merchandise around the world, no doubt they are up there with Real Madrid and Barcelona. Sickening but true.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Depends how you define 'big' I suppose. If you're looking at sales of merchandise around the world, no doubt they are up there with Real Madrid and Barcelona. Sickening but true.

When Corona virus halts all flights from the far East, there'll be thousands missing.

• Members
3 hours ago, boltondiver said:

In the top 3 biggest without a doubt. Best, not a fuckin chance. 

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Most fans, most turnover, most league championships and even the best mob of the last 30 years - sure Cardiff or Stoke could match the numbers on their day but no other mob had the front to get 130 onto a council estate in Leeds and take it to 500 of em.I sometimes wonder if Leeds blow their promotion hopes every season because their fans beg them to keep them away from that 130!

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Most fans, most turnover, most league championships and even the best mob of the last 30 years - sure Cardiff or Stoke could match the numbers on their day but no other mob had the front to get 130 onto a council estate in Leeds and take it to 500 of em.I sometimes wonder if Leeds blow their promotion hopes every season because their fans beg them to keep them away from that 130!

Where were they on Black Sunday, cunts

5 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Knew that would flush Red Rodge out!

Leeds blah blah council estate blah blah the brave 130 repelling the Yorkshire hordes blah blah Eccles 

Got to be a wind up???

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Roger - just feck off with your red manc filthy shit

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, boltondiver said:

6 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

In the top 3 biggest without a doubt. Best, not a fuckin chance. 

Who are you including in second place after City? :unknw:

16 minutes ago, tomski said:

Brilliant. I just wished we’d of been up there now to beat them like that too. 

I feel sorry for anyone that’s hates Liverpool more as they’re clearly not doing it right. 

ole ole ole 

Agree on first point, disagree on second they are both cheeks of the same arse. 

13 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Van Dijk was cheaper

I admit to being one of those laughing at the price Liverpool paid at the time, I thought he was one of these "stylish" defenders without much substance (a Dutch John Stones).  But he's proved his worth, if that's possible for such obscene amounts, and if he was sold tomorrow to Barca or Real Madrid, it would be for a profit.  What would United get for  Maguire now?  Half what they paid, from someone desperate like Arsenal or Everton? I've nothing against him, he's not the first England defender to be overrated (Eric Dier, Michael Keane etc).

Annoying that Tranmere will probably beat Watford 3rd team tonight and get Man U at home on Sunday.  That's probably half a million (gate receipts and TV) in their coffers to buy a team to potentially compete with us in Div 2 next season.  And if they draw v Utd you can add another half a mil.  It always strikes me as unfair competition when a ball pulled out of a hat has more influence on your success for the next 12 months than all the coaching, scouting and organisation in the world.  PS absolute joke that Watford have to play tonight 2 days after a league game and if they win the next round is in 3 days, another nail in the FA Cup coffin.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Annoying that Tranmere will probably beat Watford 3rd team tonight and get Man U at home on Sunday.  That's probably half a million (gate receipts and TV) in their coffers to buy a team to potentially compete with us in Div 2 next season.  And if they draw v Utd you can add another half a mil.  It always strikes me as unfair competition when a ball pulled out of a hat has more influence on your success for the next 12 months than all the coaching, scouting and organisation in the world.  PS absolute joke that Watford have to play tonight 2 days after a league game and if they win the next round is in 3 days, another nail in the FA Cup coffin.

I agree it's entirely unfair on Watford.

As for the other bit; luck of the draw. Play well, and put out as strong a team as possible, and you've got a higher chance of pulling a big boy at some point.