Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
22 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I admit to being one of those laughing at the price Liverpool paid at the time, I thought he was one of these "stylish" defenders without much substance (a Dutch John Stones).  But he's proved his worth, if that's possible for such obscene amounts, and if he was sold tomorrow to Barca or Real Madrid, it would be for a profit.  What would United get for  Maguire now?  Half what they paid, from someone desperate like Arsenal or Everton? I've nothing against him, he's not the first England defender to be overrated (Eric Dier, Michael Keane etc).

Knowing what we know now about Van Dijk now how much would he be worth, £150m? 

Liverpool could potentially have a problem with players thinking they’ve done to now time for a new challenge 

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Annoying that Tranmere will probably beat Watford 3rd team tonight and get Man U at home on Sunday.  That's probably half a million (gate receipts and TV) in their coffers to buy a team to potentially compete with us in Div 2 next season.  And if they draw v Utd you can add another half a mil.  It always strikes me as unfair competition when a ball pulled out of a hat has more influence on your success for the next 12 months than all the coaching, scouting and organisation in the world.  PS absolute joke that Watford have to play tonight 2 days after a league game and if they win the next round is in 3 days, another nail in the FA Cup coffin.

And  Tranmere are winning - hate that trash from almost wales

21 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Remember speaking to my dad after we played boro and I was in Ibiza. He said that traore was unbelievable and it was one of the best performances from a single player he’d seen against us for years. 

I've said a few times that was the best winger's performance against us I've ever seen.  It was one of Robinson's first games for us and I felt sorry for him trying to establish himself, I remember thinking he could play till he's 35 and he wont have a harder game personally.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I've said a few times that was the best winger's performance against us I've ever seen.  It was one of Robinson's first games for us and I felt sorry for him trying to establish himself, I remember thinking he could play till he's 35 and he wont have a harder game personally.

He agrees!

• Moderators

That villa deeney video is ace

Also

That wolves performance will probably be the toughest test Liverpool face all season

And they still won

They'll finish 100+ points and unbeaten 

Probably win the fa cup and CL as well

5 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:
8 pm tonight Tranmere are putting unsold home end tickets for an FA Cup tie with Man Utd on open sale with a limit of 8 per person, that isn't likely to end well. 

Will the red army dare to drink in Birkenhead?