Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Quaker Oats 2Min Pingers

Breightmet Boy

The dogs doodah's in these conditions after a drive into work, Golden Syrup flavoured being my favourite. If your not regular emptying your Gary this should sort that little problem out, feels like I've been raped by Ron Jeremy some mornings, but it's healthy to keep your Peter Powell moving.

You're not wrong BB. Spankin'

Takes 2 mins to do a bowl of proper porridge, add your own honey, banana, cinnamon, raisins or loads of sugar to suits.

I'm far from a food snob, but can't see why you'd get the sachets over buying a big bag of oats, it's a bit like a frozen microwave jacket spud.......

The packets are exactly the same as normal oats, just less coarsely ground. I buy the original ones and just add milk and raisins. If you're going to cook oats from scratch they take at least 5 minutes once the milk's boiled, plus you've got to stand there stiring it and still wait for half an hour after till it's cool enough to eat. Mind you, you can use that time to scrape all the porridge and burnt milk off the pan you've just been using!

The packets are exactly the same as normal oats, just less coarsely ground. I buy the original ones and just add milk and raisins. If you're going to cook oats from scratch they take at least 5 minutes once the milk's boiled, plus you've got to stand there stiring it and still wait for half an hour after till it's cool enough to eat. Mind you, you can use that time to scrape all the porridge and burnt milk off the pan you've just been using!

Kent try this:

40g of Asda smart price porridge in a two litre pyrex or plastic jug. Add 220ml of cold water (or milk if your a puff) 

Microwave full power for 2.5 mins then another 2 mins on 1/3 power.  £0.03 per serving.

Worked for me this last 5 years.

Kent try this:

40g of Asda smart price porridge in a two litre pyrex or plastic jug. Add 220ml of cold water (or milk if your a puff)

Microwave full power for 2.5 mins then another 2 mins on 1/3 power. £0.03 per serving.

Worked for me this last 5 years.

I might give that a go - although I don't like all this waiting around for the first 2 1/2 minutes before I get to have a shower during the cooling process!

And I'm definitely a milk puff :-)

• Moderators

Aye coz making a bowl of porridge from scratch in the office brew room is a piece of cake.

Not keen on the tubs made with water but the pouches with milk are a quick tasty breakfast.

Bowl, oats, milk, microwave. Hardly Heston.