Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderes 1 Charlton 1

globaldiver

My Keystone Cops attempts at getting home meant that it was 90 minutes after full time when I got home, a journey that usually takes all of 10 minutes when theres trains!

Walked to station, found out next replacement bus wasnt until 11, by the time I decided to try and get the match bus they were driving past me, so legged it up to COR to see if I could get a 575, instead ended up on a but at 10:45 which then went back down to Middlebrook where Id come from before going to Bolton. Frustrating evening.

This lack of trains both on match days and weekends as a whole are so fucking frustrating that its putting me off wanting to do anything other than sit about moaning. Like now.

Takes over 2 hours to get from Poulton to Macron on train.

Even worse going back as there's not enough busses.

My mate Peteski set off straight after full time on Saturday and got back in Blackpool at 19:30.

I Believe the trains are fucked till October.

Ace. In dreading next season already.

Edited by gonzo

Getting across from Royton for night games is hard work with the works on the M62/60 and 50mph limit that's going to be on for ages. Got back from Rotherham the other month as quick as I can get back from Macron some days, even with these crowds.

Meant another early dart from work, stop-start plod till on M61/A666 bit, not so bad after that. Was in time to treat Princess to her tea at Blundell Arms on way though. Easier than usual getting off Middlebrook and back home before North West Tonight had finished.

The train situation is shocking mind, every sympathy with those who have to put up with it. How it's beyond the wit of the operators to be able to schedule in some sort of reasonably timed service on midweek match nights god only knows.

• Members

Left Manc at 6pm. Got home at 6.55pm, had a yogurt and set off to Horwich. Got there for 7.55. Stayed till the end, popped in to Asda and got back after 10.45. Fuck that. I'm out of evening games until the Manchester and Bolton traffic and trains are sorted (2017?).

Munch Bunch or fruit corner?

get in the top fcuking 6

God knows what sort of crowd people were expecting last night. It looks likely that we'll complete two whole seasons in the bottom half of the second tier. You'd probably have to go back to the 1980's for the last time that happened. Start moving up the league and attendances will improve.

Couple of interesting comments from that post match interview with Lennon. He mentioned that 50 points was the target he'd been given when he arrived, which confirms that avoiding relegation was the main aim this season. He also confirmed that these team selections are all about looking at the players he has before next season.

All this 3 at the back talk, I thought we were playing a normal back 4 in first half - with Ream at left and Vela at right... 4 across midfield (and I agree Bannan and Rochina are too small to play together) and Feeney kind of up front with Le Fondre. Did I miss something? It was only later we went to a 3 - and we looked better with Vela further forward. But as others have said, we might as well mess around with formations and players now when we have that luxury, rather than at the start of next season - which would have been the Freedman approach.

I also think getting 13k folk out for a midweek meaningless match when the roads and rail around the town are completely fucked should be seen as a big achievement, rather than cause for moaning. Ditto the light show...fuck me, have folk nothing better to whinge about?

All this 3 at the back talk, I thought we were playing a normal back 4 in first half - with Ream at left and Vela at right... 4 across midfield (and I agree Bannan and Rochina are too small to play together) and Feeney kind of up front with Le Fondre. Did I miss something? It was only later we went to a 3 - and we looked better with Vela further forward. But as others have said, we might as well mess around with formations and players now when we have that luxury, rather than at the start of next season - which would have been the Freedman approach.

I also think getting 13k folk out for a midweek meaningless match when the roads and rail around the town are completely fucked should be seen as a big achievement, rather than cause for moaning. Ditto the light show...fuck me, have folk nothing better to whinge about?

Looked 3 at the back most / all game to me

I remember thinking Vela was wasted not in midfield to help bolster how lightweight it was. Fuck knows, whatever it was it didn't really work til we made the subs. I'd have preferred em on at half time. We need to get some shooting practice in too - 22 shots with only 2 on target?!

I remember thinking Vela was wasted not in midfield to help bolster how lightweight it was. Fuck knows, whatever it was it didn't really work til we made the subs. I'd have preferred em on at half time. We need to get some shooting practice in too - 22 shots with only 2 on target?!

Yeah, that's probably because they were mainly from outside the box as we ran out of ideas so quickly