Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Derby

bwfc87

Damn site better than I thought it'd be.

Spearing played well until his second yellow. What was it for? If it was a dive, it was harsh. Not least because those decisions are fairly subjective . If, however, it was for dissent ( and I thought it was - though I could be wrong), then Spearing's a dick who deserves the maximum fine he can get. Because if you're on a yellow, the last thing you need to do is start mouthing off at the referee.

Having said all that, I didn't go, and sat booing to myself at home.

How can you think it was for dissent if you weren't there? Pretty sure it was for falling over, deliberately or not as everyone in White thought

• Members

Enjoyed that , great to see the team with some fight in it , Madine did a great job, prince was composed and confident on the ball looking forward to him and derik as a CB pairing ......A much better start than i expected.

Moxey and Wilson had great games imo

Prince was top drawer

Spearing had a great game

Madine was a real handful along with Heskey

Pratley good 2nd half

Clough didn't look 100% fit

Still not sure about Feeney & danns although Feeney worked his socks off

The crowd was great 2nd half

Think ream will be allowed to leave to bring in a couple of signings

Overall pretty good! And wovers lost!!!

Moxey and Wilson had great games imo

Prince was top drawer

Spearing had a great game

Madine was a real handful along with Heskey

Pratley good 2nd half

Clough didn't look 100% fit

Still not sure about Feeney & danns although Feeney worked his socks off

The crowd was great 2nd half

Think ream will be allowed to leave to bring in a couple of signings

Overall pretty good! And wovers lost!!!

I wouldn't disagree with that much, I have slated Moxey in the past and IF he can maintain that level of performance throughout the season, we have a tidy left back there. Wilson impressed me and he can deliver a really great ball too. We need extra bodies in though. I wouldn't be too down IF we did cash in on Ream providing we get a decent price for him and the cash is spent on the squad.

Edited by Blondi

Really enjoyed that.

Looked like we picked up from where we left off in February. Loads of fight,pratley running the midfield and the whole team chasing every ball.

We just lack that speed of thought sometimes I feel,but that's probably being over analytical I suppose.

Prince at the back is everything we need and Madine exactly the same up top. No nonsense,know their jobs and hard as fuckin nails.

Very decent point IMO,not a perfect display but enough to feel happy for a change on a Saturday night.

Great to hear some noise about the place too.

Edit...big shout for Heskey too. His touch is class and the ball sticks. No matter what folk think of him he does a decent job.

Edited by gonzo

Really enjoyed that today. Prince solid, spearing and feeney busy, pleased with both our full backs, madine unlucky with the headers and I don't remember Amos having too do much. Nearly a disastrous cameo from trotter though. Good atmosphere around the place, but £33 for 2nd tier footy is a bit naughty of BW imo.

Hopefully we can now all get behind Lennon and the team if we're all together we can begin the long climb back.

Indeed

But of steel down the spine, a few goals, loads of belief and who knows

Best thing today was the feeling....pride in our lads

Edited by jules_darby

Like a lot of other posters, wasn't expecting much other than an honourable defeat at best today and ended up going away buzzing at the end.

We badly needed to be harder to score against and be more of a physical match for teams, and we were both of those today.

Sending off was a nonsense, it wasn't a pen but it wasn't a dive either, changed the course of the game though, they were looking groggy and we looked like nicking it, which we'd have deserved in my view

Prince could be a real find, Madine's touch isn't great at times but worked hard, led the line well enough and showed he can score goals with his nut if the ball's served up to him right. 

A really good, encouraging team effort

Sounds an intelligent lad, how we've got a player in with this ability and age under the radar I don't know but I must say splendid business by BWFC.

Indeed, potentially a great scouting job, him and Derik could turn out to be a couple of real rabbits out of hats. If NL's used a bit of the negative vibe he perceived to build a bit of siege mentality fair enough, there was a lot of battle and heart on show today, and the support was immense, especially 2nd half. 

Indeed, potentially a great scouting job, him and Derik could turn out to be a couple of real rabbits out of hats. If NL's used a bit of the negative vibe he perceived to build a bit of siege mentality fair enough, there was a lot of battle and heart on show today, and the support was immense, especially 2nd half.

We've got a great hardcore of fans and if they see passion, pride and fight they back the team 100%.

Just played back the Spearing incident about 5 times. I think the daft twat did dive. He went over as their player pulled out of the tackle. I think he was expecting the challenge that didn't come

You could be right but that's after seeing it five times. The ref has to be absolutely sure it's a deliberate dive to send him off and I'm not having it that he was. I think though if Spearing had got straight back up rather than lying face down he may have avoided it but the Ref had been inconsistent with some of his other decisions so maybe not. Anyway didn't cost us. Will Spearing just be banned for Cup or not?