Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

• Moderators

fell asleep with 10 minutes left, last thing I remember was Chiefs getting intercepted

was all confused when I woke up whilst the trophy was being presented

Mahomes was having a shocker early doors

Edited by ZicoKelly

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Difficult equate with one annual and one every 4 years and audience wise World Cup final will piss on it. As a spectacle doesn’t come close imo. And revenue wise I’m not sure but again if the World Cup final was every year it would decrease in novelty 

Also equate to only one country giving a flying fuck for Super Bowl and every country except Scotland embracing the World Cup.

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Also equate to only one country giving a flying fuck for Super Bowl and every country except Scotland embracing the World Cup.

Not quite the case really though. You might not like American football but it’s a globally watched sport. 

and as for the World Cup it’s embraced  by most up here especially when England are in the tournament. 

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, MickyD said:

6 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Not quite the case really though. You might not like American football but it’s a globally watched sport. 

and as for the World Cup it’s embraced  by most up here especially when England are in the tournament. 

While it may be watched a bit all over the world it is played (almost exclusively) in USA. For that reason, I reckon I'm right with my point that only one country gives a flying fuck about it.

The Germans bloody love it. They make up a decent chunk of the crowd at the London games.

My Canadian relatives are massive Saskatchewan roughriders fans. Sent my mum home with loads of merch for me, my dad and my lad.

It's definitely not played at any great level outside North America but the interest is definitely there.

• Site Supporter

There'll be a London frachise within 10 years.

Unfortunately it'll be the Jagwars, but it's still a franchise.

They will also continue with 2-3 International games.

It's massive over here nowadays. Honestly.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

There'll be a London frachise within 10 years.

Unfortunately it'll be the Jagwars, but it's still a franchise.

They will also continue with 2-3 International games.

It's massive over here nowadays. Honestly.

If it is jaxonville craven cottage will go and shad khan will build a new ground for flum and the jags I reckon.

Not sure I'm overly fussed about a British team.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

If it is jaxonville craven cottage will go and shad khan will build a new ground for flum and the jags I reckon.

Not sure I'm overly fussed about a British team.

I like the idea. 

Mainly because it’ll really wind the yanks up 

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, snowball said:

I would happily buy a season ticket for NFL in London . Be awseome 

Thing is, the teams that play in London tend to have a bye the week after

Couldn't see a team playing alternate weekends in two different countries

• Members
9 hours ago, MickyD said:

While it may be watched a bit all over the world it is played (almost exclusively) in USA. For that reason, I reckon I'm right with my point that only one country gives a flying fuck about it.

Sorry Micky - you are miles out there. It is played globally and has been since the 70's/80's. There is even a league here in Perth.

When I was playing for the Bolton Braves, a Manchester derby between the Spartans and the Allstars was pulling 5 digit crowds.

The days of the London Ravens and London Monarchs playing in front of very large crowds all over Europe was also around that time.

Amazingly managed to keep away from the result

Just watched the SB. Very good game. Not great just very good and very entertaining

Showed all that’s good about both teams. Mahomes - just ridiculously good. Chiefs offense - stepped up when needed to. 49ers - turned to the running game and imo surprised the Chiefs by being very, very good at it 

Mahomes definitely the next Brady. 49ers? Look very good going forward to next season - when you think where they were a couple of seasons ago it’s a great story. Perhaps shows the draft system works??

Anyway. Enjoyed the whole season. Very unpredictable and some superb standout players have emerged. Roll on next year when I must get to a game

• Members

Have to say that, much as I like the fact that we have some hardcore and informed NFL fans on here, this site is going to the dogs. Not too long ago, the curves of Shakira and J-Lo would have constituted the vast majority of this years Superbowl conversation.

Worrying times indeed.

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Have to say that, much as I like the fact that we have some hardcore and informed NFL fans on here, this site is going to the dogs. Not too long ago, the curves of Shakira and J-Lo would have constituted the vast majority of this years Superbowl conversation.

Worrying times indeed.

J-lo not so much but Shakira is tremendous.

I do love the fact the yank prudes have been in outrage over the show. Both for it being too sexual and too political.