Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

• Moderators

Cheers ED. Maybe it's blind optimism but I honestly believe that with a couple of players we'd have a few more points on the board.

Lastly, I can't see that some venture capitalists would come in and leave us to run as a business, it makes no sense. Bankroll us back to top half Championship then sell, cheers.

Cheers ED. Maybe it's blind optimism but I honestly believe that with a couple of players we'd have a few more points on the board.

Lastly, I can't see that some venture capitalists would come in and leave us to run as a business, it makes no sense. Bankroll us back to top half Championship then sell, cheers.

With 1 decent striker we'd have stayed up that's what's so frustrating. I'm not shifting blame wholly from Eddie but NL takes part of blame for not making that number 1 priority.

The money that was been spent, whether £1m or £200m was his choice, he can't live on past investment errors to justify his actions. It also doesn't give him the right to remove himself from his responsibilities as owner based on past glories.

Not that anyone is ungrateful for his involvement but the music doesn't simply stop when he decides he's had enough.

The news over the last couple of weeks does question whether the strongest bidder has actually won or its the ones who agreed to his whims.

With 1 decent striker we'd have stayed up that's what's so frustrating. I'm not shifting blame wholly from Eddie but NL takes part of blame for not making that number 1 priority.

did NL not want ALFIE back

you cannot blame him because Ed did not get his wallet out

Twatter says admin tomorrow.

I'd not be surprised, we're still spunking money and we still haven't got new owners  - we're all but relegated anyway, so the 10/12 point hit isn't going to make a lot of difference to us. Perhaps it's the only thing that we can do now

Interesting. I have heard that sports shield have passed the fit and proper test and that the deal will be confirmed tomorrow. Not claiming that that's gospel but then again neither is something said on Twitter, we'll just have to wait and see.

See, there are some folk on twitter reckon that SS have failed the fit and proper test....

In all honesty, most folk who post on Twitter are utter bell-ends anyway.

Hopefully something, one way or the other, will happen and then we can at least start to think about moving on/forward

Big 48 hours?

Apparently there was an issue with the League.

Either that is resolved and we sail onwards or it becomes a problem.

If it is a problem it needs to be resolves by Friday, otherwise administration seems likely.

As no-one outside the inner circle (except, Mounts, obv.) knows the full score all we can do is wait with bated breath.

Edited by MalcolmW

I think ED would make much more from admin than the £1 on offer from SS with some pie in the sky cash left on the never never

Wouldn't surprise me if admin this week is the case

In fact I'd bet Deano might prefer it as well - were down anyway, gets rid of all the overpriced shit bags and he picks the club up for the £1 he's putting in with no assets as they are sold off in admin

Edited by birch-chorley

Makes you wonder if Jay C was right all along about ED wanting admin. Perhaps the whole SS thing is a ruse, when it gets denied by the FA ED can say he's tried his best but the only option left again is admin saving his reputation

Then again does ED give a shit about his reputation? I'd guess he's got thicker skin than that

Besides if his plan was admin all along then why wouldn't he have just done it 6-12months a go and save himself £1m a month in losses