Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

Went to similar in Stockport for the Jubilee, thought it was belting. Believe they have a watered down version every month.

Maybe Bolton Council should consider similar. Brings folk in.

From the little I experienced of the Bolton festival on Sunday afternoon, thought it was spot-on. Lots of familiar faces out and about. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits. Had some top notch Korean street food. £10. Only expensive if you don’t enjoy it.

Edited by Smiley

5 minutes ago, royal white said:

You should of had a look at Le Mans crescent. It would have made it worth your while. 🙄

I was early so walked all over town. 

Nelson square looked ok, as did the war memorial on the town hall square. The little gardens either side of it is a nice touch.

• Members

Went to a place called the Naked Apple Cidery last night up in the Perth hills. Bandicoots and Quenda's running around in the place all around the clientele.

I was thinking 'how novel to be drinking amongst wildlife', then I remembered calling in for a pint in the Griffin a couple of weeks ago :D

On 01/09/2022 at 21:42, Not in Crawley said:

It's really not that shit, no one is saying it's Venice but the inverted snobbery of just dismissing it altogether is a bit poor from Boltonians.

Also did anyone try the free Octogan kids weekend or the museum? My youngest loved them both.

It's a shit hole and a shell of a place for folk who have to go there often.

Mint few day food festival though 🙂

On 04/09/2022 at 14:55, Leyther_Matt said:

That would involve settling on a single place to develop I should think. Similar to Altrincham market, Crewe and Stockport I guess?

They are planning on expanding the current tiny food court at Bolton Market, to go outside too.

On 01/09/2022 at 18:52, Smiley said:

Went to similar in Stockport for the Jubilee, thought it was belting. Believe they have a watered down version every month.

We have the monthly Treacle Market in Macclesfield on the last Sunday of every month. Its a collection of local food and drink producers and craft stalls along with live music.

Well worth a visit.

Edited by freds dad

2 hours ago, freds dad said:

We have the monthly Treacle Market in Macclesfield on the last Sunday of every month. Its a collection of local food and drink producers and craft stalls along with live music.

Well worth a visit.

Pete Beale likes this.