Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Manager

Take Hunt Off

• Site Supporter

I'm more than happy assuming it is Parkinson. I'd be more than happy with a mixed bag of league results but good cup runs like he had a Bratfod too over the next season or 2.

After a few shitty years, getting some good cup days would be an improvement even if the league is mid-table stuff

Brilliant appointment for us this, Parkinson has great experience in league 1 and he'll know exactly what kind of players he'll need to get us winning again. So glad I renewed my season ticket in the WSU, can't wait for the transfer gossip once our emargo is lifted, fingers crossed!

Probably sour grapes, Bradford fans saying if you like your hoof ball then fine route one to Hansen.

Not sour grapes!

I think we're in for a longer stay than hoped in the lower leagues.

He might stabilise us but he won't promote us.

Rumoured 300k compensation for him & Assistant. Clearly not as skint as some thought. Nice to see sweaty Ken making a liar out of himself already! Thought he said we weren't going to be paying any compo?

Not sour grapes!

Rumoured 300k compensation for him & Assistant. Clearly not as skint as some thought. Nice to see sweaty Ken making a liar out of himself already! Thought he said we weren't going to be paying any compo?

Don't know much about him but seems to have a decent record. Not sure he's worse than other options and has by most accounts performed minor miracles at Bradford. What is the issue?

Don't know much about him but seems to have a decent record. Not sure he's worse than other options and has by most accounts performed minor miracles at Bradford. What is the issue?

I live & work in & around the Bradford area, apparently Parkinson can't seem to get them 'over the line'. He came close to losing his job earlier this season after a poor run, reportedly, if it wasn't for signing a new contract recently. The cup runs have been a good distraction for him given the inconsistent league form. ST holders I know have been grumbling about him for a while.

Edited by BOWTUN BAKED

• Site Supporter

Not sour grapes!

Because all the best businessmen lay out every detail of their plans to their rivals...

That statement might have been more for Bradfords benefit rather than ours.

As for out stay in this division, I think we all know we're not going straight back up, the place is too much of a mess, and we still have too much shit to get rid of. I'll be more than happy if we manage to stay solvent for the entire season

Because all the best businessmen lay out every detail of their plans to their rivals...

Or, lie to sort their cause, i.e. he didn't want Browny so wasn't paying compo. If he'd waited a couple of weeks he wouldn't have been paying compo to Bradford either, reportedly

Or, lie to sort their cause, i.e. he didn't want Browny so wasn't paying compo. If he'd waited a couple of weeks he wouldn't have been paying compo to Bradford either, reportedly

People were in uproar cos we'd waited 12 weeks already...another couple of weeks the bedsheets would have been out

They can't win.

I live & work in & around the Bradford area, apparently Parkinson can't seem to get them 'over the line'. He came close to losing his job earlier this season after a poor run, reportedly, if it wasn't for signing a new contract recently. The cup runs have been a good distraction for him given the inconsistent league form. ST holders I know have been grumbling about him for a while.

Be nice to get near a fcking line for a change though !

Done for you.

Just had my first call thanking us for the cash & getting rid of him :(

You never know, he might do a job for us, he might not.....but then again, most managers are shit anyway and end up getting sacked within 2 years anyway

I'd be amazed if KA shelled out 300K in compo for Parkinson & his assistant. Parkinson back in 2013 was on fook all and let's say Bradford doubled his and his assistants salaries on a new contract, I doubt that we would pay much in compensation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/bradford-hero-phil-parkinsons-paltry-pay-packet-8464124.html

Far as I can tell he promoted them from league two on little money and had them competitive towards the play-offs in league one. Most Bradford fans seem gutted, though they say he doesn't play attractive football. I'll take stability and pushing towards upper half of the league right now. At least for next couple of seasons.