Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Coventry 0

miamiwhite

Like someone has said......!st half we passed Coventry out of the game, but 2nd half we resorted to long ball stuff that didn't work at all & Coventry became a bit of a threat ( & not the worst team we've played this season ) making the last 10 minutes a bit nervy.

But.....the clean sheets are coming in droves. 3points. Hurrah again.

They pressed us very well in the second half and we really struggled with it, that was the difference. I thought Derik was the pick of ours tonight, he defended well but just needs to work on his distribution. Having said that, the ball was coming back very quickly in the second half and I don't blame him for going long

We were flying into some tackles last night. Derik, Vela and Spearing especially. Brilliant when it comes off!

Cracking first half but lost out way in the second. Coventry came back out much better organised and fired up and were unlucky not to get something out of the game to be honest.

Right subs by Parky as Clough and Ameobi were doing nowt second half and our subs did a good job and taking the pressure off by keeping them penned in the corners for the last 5 mins.

Alnwick had a few jittery moments - but he's also not had much football of late so I'm going to cut him some slack. Made a few decent saves and a couple which he kept out but were less convincing. One potentially major fuck up which he got away with - but I'm happy to put that down to the conditions and the fact that he had the world's brightest floodlight shining I to his eyes.

Their keeper was excellent and I thought they number 5 was good as well.

It was set up for Sordell last night and he still spent the majority of the game sulking and generally just being a bit shit. How the hell did we ever spend money on him?

• Moderators

This. They were reallly really poor at times. Relegation candidates.

I'm not sure, they looked dangerous. Then again early season so did everyone. I still can't work out where Sordell was playing. Certainly if you had no idea who he was, you wouldn't have noticed him.

Perfectly timed

I feared a pen when he dived in

Speaking of which, it was the other side to me but Ameobi's challenge that left that lad in a heap in our box looked v dodgy from where I was. Anyone closer to it with a view?

Views were a bit mixed around me (NSL) when it happened; I'm putting it in the 'seen them given' category. Ameobi lost the flight of the ball and so tried to wrap his arms around their mon's shoulders to limit his jump as he knew he had no chance of winning it from a standing start.

They pressed high second half & we put pressure on ourselves by trying to pass it around square & backwards with two near disasters between Beevers & keeper .That combined with the fact Clough & Ameobi stopped coming short for the ball meant we just started launching it to a tiring

Madine.As bad as Taylor © is he still set up Henry (very dissapointing) with a guilt edged chance to seal the victory & he blazed over yet again.Vela was good again he certainly has stamina that lad.

Anyway wins matter COYW.

They pressed us very well in the second half and we really struggled with it, that was the difference. I thought Derik was the pick of ours tonight, he defended well but just needs to work on his distribution. Having said that, the ball was coming back very quickly in the second half and I don't blame him for going long

Aye, Coventry upped their game 2ndhalf & we didn't deal with it very well,

but, i disagree about Derik who is a horrible mistake waiting to happen in defence, with wild Campo-type hacks at the ball & misplaced clearances, I don't think he's a natural defender & it's no coincidence that Beavers had his shakiest game for us & the whole defence was unsettled.

I'd shift Derik forward to alongside Spearing - where i think he's very good - & play either Buxton or the ponytailed munich at centre half.