Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

• 2 weeks later...

10 years ago today, was pissed up and stoned in Amsterdam. Ian said “the drummer’s a cunt”. We woke up the following morning thinking the Roses reunion had come to an abrupt and premature end. Fuckin’ hell. 10 years ago!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon I would nowadays. I couldn't do 4 days on it, i'd be a wreck and begging to go home.

Anyway, sod Glastonbury again because next Saturday...Guns N Roses and their version of live and let die is much better and I get to sleep at home and also get to see the new Spurs ground.

6 minutes ago, emus wig said:

I’ve seen some strange things happen at festivals over the years but that is just weird . 

Imagine even packing running gear in your stuff for a festival weekend?!

These are the types who would go watch Coldplay in a luxury box at Wembley then claim they're into music.

• Site Supporter

I honestly can’t think of anywhere worse to be than Glastonbury this weekend. The crowd will be fit to burst with drivelling wankers.

Jogging. Fuck me.

As for the flags…. 

• Site Supporter

The presenters as well.

Many of them I listen to on the radio and find to be decent, entertaining people.

but put them in a pair of wellington boots, a straw hat and a hemp tshirt, and suddenly they turn into fawning hippies trying to tell us that a few fields near Bristol are some sort of Druid wank fodder, full of mysticism and earthy vibes that can be found nowhere else.

Please.

For a few days, it’s the worlds largest outdoor toilet and is about as mystical as as Monday morning at Bolton magistrates court.

Just show the fucking music you utter spackers

• Site Supporter

What I wil say is that the indie music scene is in good shape these days having been a little bereft of anything exciting for years.

Wet Leg. Yard Act. Fontaines DC. To name just 3 bands that are genuinely fresh sounding.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

What I wil say is that the indie music scene is in good shape these days having been a little bereft of anything exciting for years.

Wet Leg. Yard Act. Fontaines DC. To name just 3 bands that are genuinely fresh sounding.

Aye if anyone under 21 goes to McCartney instead of Yard Act they need shoeing.

Sadly I thought Wet Legs album wasn't up too much the two first singles aside but then I'm not sure a lot of the songs are aimed directly at my current experiences 😁

5 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I reckon I would nowadays. I couldn't do 4 days on it, i'd be a wreck and begging to go home.

Anyway, sod Glastonbury again because next Saturday...Guns N Roses and their version of live and let die is much better and I get to sleep at home and also get to see the new Spurs ground.

i think its the same tour as 3 years ago,when we went to west hams ground, they came on at 7-45 and played till 10-40. they were really really good shame it wasnt the whole line up 

Just now, fester58 said:

i think its the same tour as 3 years ago,when we went to west hams ground, they came on at 7-45 and played till 10-40. they were really really good shame it wasnt the whole line up 

I know, I was there. Seen them a few times. Download the year after they were even better than at the London Stadium - that was the same set but just fantastic.

Had these tickets since Xmas 2019!

I've been to a few medium sized gigs lately, the next two are huge stadium affairs which I'm now quite looking forward to.

My problem is me and thenother half talk to anyone after a couple. At NIN ended up getting invited to a 50 birthday next week and buying a book on Amazon from this author whose friend couldn't come.

The book is awful.