Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

No point. Some are good some are bad but at the end of the day it’s just pretending for grown ups. The influence they have far outweighs the importance of what they actually do for a living 

Actually suppose the last bit is a bit of a point

Edited by mickbrown

Recently I've been watching a few World Drama series from Walter Presents on All 4 -

Heartless (Danish) - 8-9 episodes could've been condensed into about 4 - 6/10.

Valkyrien (Norwegian) was quite enjoyable, had a good concept but felt a bit flat at the end - 7/10.

Thicker Than Water (Swedish) - I'd seen the 1st series a few years ago so this was the 2nd series. Good acting (even by a 5yo standards...). Lovely looking Swedish blonde in it helped - 8/10.

Rebecka Martinsson - Arctic Murders (Swedish) - this was good, left me wanting to watch more - 8/10.

Started to watch Night & Day (Catalan) - about a serial killer in Barcelona. Looks promising so far.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jeep said:

Recently I've been watching a few World Drama series from Walter Presents on All 4 -

Valkyrien (Norwegian) was quite enjoyable, had a good concept but felt a bit flat at the end - 7/10.

Thicker Than Water (Swedish) - I'd seen the 1st series a few years ago so this was the 2nd series. Good acting (even by a 5yo standards...). Lovely looking Swedish blonde in it helped - 8/10.

Rebecka Martinsson - Arctic Murders (Swedish) - this was good, left me wanting to watch more - 8/10.

Started to watch Night & Day (Catalan) - about a serial killer in Barcelona. Looks promising so far.

Agree about Rebecca martinsson, very good

Dunno if the Belgian one, rough justice, was a Walter but it didn't do it for me. Gave up about 8 in

21 hours ago, Spider said:

Why is it that everywhere I turn, Romesh Rangathathanananathanathan's fucking face is gazing back at me these days?

I've had funnier days at the hospital than that cunt.

He's on everyfuckingthing, not being funny and pointing out that he's Sri Lankan. 

Paddy McGuiness would give him a run for his money.

20 minutes ago, Pablo said:

New 'Berlin Station' out now I think.

Yeah taped it last night, loved the atmosphere the first episode made.

Was reading about "Deutschland 83/86" earlier and how it has paved the way for other German dramas to hit the mainstream; "Dogs Of Berlin" (a crime/mafia show), "Beat" (a detective thing set in Berlin would you believe) and "Dark" a supernatural Sci-Fi series all doing the rounds.

One thing I wonder, after the Considine discussion, can you tell bad acting in a foreign language program? Fair enough if it looks cheap and daft then yeah, but in terms of acting and delivery. I could be raving about some of these but they're actually tinpot...

Edited by Marc505

On 01/11/2018 at 17:15, jeep said:

Night & Day was very good - well worth watching. They've made a 2nd series so hopefully Walter will have it on soon.