Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

No ranting from me.

Just think its strange that you think people cant/shouldnt be interested in what a transfer fee was.

I don't think that. I was asking a question. Never mind. Follow DomRep's instructions.

• Site Supporter

Cheeses kid - what you done today daddy?

Cheese - not much son, just tried to wind some people up on a football forum

Cheeses kid - did you suceed?

Cheese - yehnsome thick cunt called famouswanderer fell for it

Cheeses kid - you are my hero

Jesus. Ok, Madine was sold for £5.235Million.

Do you really think they weren't

You shouldn't believe the lunatics on here who reckon the likes of madine are ten a penny

I've said before, based on one watch last year, the lad from wobbles now at millwall looked handy but summer was the time to go for him

Morrison at millwall could be a stop gap but you ain't getting him

Look at other strikers with his record this season and we can't afford them

I agree , for our system Madine was integral. I just feel they have had more than enough warning of cardiff's intentions this January, who know's perhaps they were convinced they were getting the Dutch lad and for whatever reason (wages probably) that fell through.

My feeling is Clough is a crowd appeaser signing (like Alf) , my worry is Parky just isn't flexible enough tactically to change from his favoured style.

Out of all the signings tonight Clough pleases me the most, will never forget how alone he looked after our promotion scenes on telly

Yes not sure how this will pan out , I live in Nottingham and reading interviews with him he was really settled down here and was looking forward to getting in the first team . I wonder if we will get the Zach Clough who left us ,who was bounding in confidence and getting games and goals or the one now who as hardly had any game time and I would imagine who's confidence as taken a hit.We shall see.If he's gonna get his mojo back anywhere it will be here hopefully .

Edited by dusan nikolic

Pretty much every player at every club is for sale at the right price.

Not sure Dortmund wanted to lose their best striker to Arsenal and so on. These things happen.

We should wait until we at least know how much we're getting and how we're replacing him before going a bit mental.

"I'm never going again, blah blah blah" Well, fuck off and don't go again.

buzzing about clough. Come on you Whitemen

Finances happy, squad iffy ...... finances will always win the day so we’ll have to see. If Magennis was our saviour then I’m damn sure Wilbraham can do a job for an hour and then the young forest kid comes on. Parkys shown an ability to change tactics effectively too. However we look fucking light up top no getting away from it we’re at best evens to stay up now

• Site Supporter

I’m fairly happy with that transfer window. Flanagan can cover either full back and is certainly better than Darby and Taylor.

The forward players mean we have to change our style - good. If PP is so rigid that he can’t change his tactics, he’s in the wrong job. We have some real pace now going forward, I’m looking forward to getting cracking with it

I’m fairly happy with that transfer window. Flanagan can cover either full back and is certainly better than Darby and Taylor.

The forward players mean we have to change our style - good. If PP is so rigid that he can’t change his tactics, he’s in the wrong job. We have some real pace now going forward, I’m looking forward to getting cracking with it

It’s not Parky that is the issue. It’s the fact we don’t have anyone who can pass a ball in midfield. Not sure any of this is or was planned. They just tried to sign anyone they could. Plan a was signing that big Dutch bloke but he didn’t want to come. Then they tried to sign the big bloke at Charlton. Then McGoldrick at Ipswich. Probably countless others. Including Chungy. Who knows whether it will work or not but we feel very unbalanced to me. Lots of players who need someone up front to play off. Loads of full backs. No quality in midfield. I feel sorry for Parky.

we sold gary madine for £6 000 000

Clough is back

A defender from liverpool who will improve us

an attacker with pace

and burke is back

we sold gary madine for £6 000 000

6 million quid, worlds gone fuckin nuts

My thoughts exactly - and for once it's very much in our favour.

I remember folk predicting the end of the world when Clough left.  Who'd a thowt it?

“Right lads, now Madine has gone, instead of twatting it to a big lad’s head, twat in the channels for these two to chase”

“Ok boss, will do”

Change of style sorted.

When we’ve brought in 4 players, sold 1 and we’re £6m up then I can’t say we’ve had a bad window. Think long term in the summer when clubs aren’t doubling prices because of the window closing.

• Site Supporter

“Right lads, now Madine has gone, instead of twatting it to a big lad’s head, twat in the channels for these two to chase”

“Ok boss, will do”

Change of style sorted.

When we’ve brought in 4 players, sold 1 and we’re £6m up then I can’t say we’ve had a bad window. Think long term in the summer when clubs aren’t doubling prices because of the window closing.

Voice of reason. I really believe we now have a more balanced squad than at the start of the window, it’s up to PP now to make it work

Finances happy, squad iffy ...... finances will always win the day so we’ll have to see. If Magennis was our saviour then I’m damn sure Wilbraham can do a job for an hour and then the young forest kid comes on. Parkys shown an ability to change tactics effectively too. However we look fucking light up top no getting away from it we’re at best evens to stay up now

Has he ? i don't recall that. i seem to recall playing a dwarf up top and Alnwick / Howard lumping forward.