Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

I know

I didn't say you did

I think people underestimate what he took on

Not necessarily

He's absolutely nailed what he had to do

Doesn't mean he's automatically the best man for the next job, which may well be different

I'm happy with him, but not so much that I'd be devastated if he left, like I was when Bruce moved on

• Site Supporter

He's got an eye for players that fit the stage we're at. I'm looking forward to him pitting his wits in the championship. Despite our embargo I doubt any other championship clubs that might tempt him will offer enough kitty to change his ideal team make up from what he would achieve with us

• Moderators

Purely on a devils advovate basis this

The brief has changed now.....

thats one way of looking at it

but

the brief is still to achieve the best set of results we can at the lowest possible cost :)

• Site Supporter

Ameobi or Morais discuss? I think ameobi is a better prospect for the club and could be a threat in championship ....... morais more consistent and quality from dead balls ....... both ideally

Both please

Dorian is shite and called Dorian. I hope this hasn't been done as a filling numbers exercise due to the embargo. He did well at the back end of last year but isn't good enough to be kept on imo. First disappointing one

• Site Supporter

Not necessarily

He's absolutely nailed what he had to do

Doesn't mean he's automatically the best man for the next job, which may well be different

I'm happy with him, but not so much that I'd be devastated if he left, like I was when Bruce moved on

This. Obviously some unwelcome upheaval may result, but I'd be confident ken would bring in another good un.

• Site Supporter

Interesting thoughts on Ameobi and postie. Difficult one but I reckon the former has been in the higher leagues and not really proved himself.

Somewhere else, someone posted that morais felt he hadn't done himself justice earlier in his career; although he's older perhaps he may be a bit hungrier.

• Members

Tough one. We'd get a lot more consistency from Morris, but you'd get game changing moments from Sameobi, albeit not too often.

My concern about if it's Morris is clubs will very quickly suss us, and him, out.

I'm greedy, I want them both.