Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

£2million plus fossey seems to be a popular price-tag that people are bandying about.

If that is the case - how much is Fossey worth?

I'd be disappointed if we got less than £5m for Dapo to be honest. But maybe that's optimistic...

• Members
1 hour ago, Mantra said:

£2million plus fossey seems to be a popular price-tag that people are bandying about.

If that is the case - how much is Fossey worth?

I'd be disappointed if we got less than £5m for Dapo to be honest. But maybe that's optimistic...

It’s being plucked out of thin air, it all depends what the club value him at. Is he worth more to stay with us and us progress or a bag of cash? All speculation anyways and I think IE is putting him in the window.

Edited by Rudy

45 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It’s being plucked out of thin air, it all depends what the club value him at. Is he worth more to stay with us and us progress or a bag of cash? All speculation anyways and I think IE is putting him in the window.

This is the plan. It has to be. If we go around handing out bid contracts to kids because we get sentimental about them then we're screwed. 

Buy 'em cheap, improve them, sell them on. That's the model now and I'm fine with that! 👍

• Members
26 minutes ago, kent_white said:

This is the plan. It has to be. If we go around handing out bid contracts to kids because we get sentimental about them then we're screwed. 

Buy 'em cheap, improve them, sell them on. That's the model now and I'm fine with that! 👍

Aye only so far Neil’s admin charge will take us 

• Moderators

Fulham sold an 18 year old to City for £12m who'd played 19 games 

He's been on loan to several clubs and think he's left on a free to Sunderland 

Which is why I'll be fucked off if we get £2m for him 

The whole "a player is worth what someone pays for them" argument is bollocks

8 minutes ago, Zico said:

Fulham sold an 18 year old to City for £12m who'd played 19 games 

He's been on loan to several clubs and think he's left on a free to Sunderland 

Which is why I'll be fucked off if we get £2m for him 

With an 18 year old they’re paying for ‘potential’ though. I don’t see that being the case with a player who’s never played above League One, will be 25 shortly after the start of next season and, going by some recent posts on here, isn’t even considered an automatic choice in our side (albeit partly due to the formation we play)

14 hours ago, Zico said:

Interesting assertion 

Difficult to prove.

15 hours ago, Zico said:

Well, that brings us into the whole philosophy of the marketplace and worth .v. value debate.

But, ultimately, if someone pays a price then that's the cross point of what someone is willing to pay and what someone is willing to take.

One side or the other, or both, may feel they've maxed out ... or feel stiffed but either way a deal is struck & a value can be extrapolated. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Zico said:

It would suggest there's no such thing as a bargain or getting someone on the cheap for a start

You only tend to find out they were a bargain/cheap in hindsight though.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You only tend to find out they were a bargain/cheap in hindsight though.

I'd say anyone who gets Salah on a free knows they've got a good deal 

Likewise if Liverpool decide to sell they may have to accept less than what he might be worth to them rather than risk getting nothing 

Chelsea got a good deal on Cahill and we all knew it the day he was sold

I think Rob Holding was worth more than £2-2.5m but we were desperate for cash and Arsenal knew it 

Prices go up when City are in the frame 

No doubt Newcastle will find out this too in the summer 

Etc

Just my opinion like

Dapo is superb and I’ll be angry if he leaves for any less than £5m. 

I know the market has changed since, and I know he’s a few years older, but what did Charlton sell Lookman for at this level; £12m-£15m?
Dapo has done a lot more this season than Lookman ever did for Charlton.

Don’t buy into the theory that he’s not as good in this system either. His linkup play with Dion in the system has been fantastic. His current form is likely down to fatigue, niggly injuries, or perhaps even his head has been turned.

It’s so nice to be in a position with genuine talent on our hands regardless. We don’t need to sell, and have the likes of Sadlier ready should we need to (or get an offer we can’t refuse). The club is in good hands and the future is bright. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

34 minutes ago, nantwichwhite said:

If a premier league club buy him the fee will be in excess of the Madine fee Cardiff paid

I was thinking this last night, Madine went for what… 6 million?

Be a shame if Dapo went for less. If I recall however, that Madine sale was a deadline day deal to a Cardiff team which was desperately chasing promotion. Their won’t be that same desperation in the summer imo but still think anything less than 5 million for Dapo, is a steal.  evem if that’s 2 mill up front with add ons

Edited by Mantra

55 minutes ago, Mantra said:

I know this is off topic but apparently Haaland is going to City, if that happens might as well just give city the title next season 

He's been retired about fifteen years, he's probably only fit for walking football. I suppose his pension will offset his wages somewhat.