Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Rudy said:

Yeha they were throwing money around and then covid turned up hence why they had to sell Ronaldo.

Ramsey didn’t want to leave because of the money so was happy to sit on the bench so Rangers are paying a contribution to his wages.

Pack of shortbread and a case of irn bru I think 

he's been involved 8 games this season and Rangers have 8 in Feb, so it's not like he'll be slotting straight in either

but bloke on radio was saying Rangers are willing to take a gamble because if they win the title, they go straight into the CL group stage next season and earn at least £25M

• Members
15 minutes ago, Zico said:

he's been involved 8 games this season and Rangers have 8 in Feb, so it's not like he'll be slotting straight in either

but bloke on radio was saying Rangers are willing to take a gamble because if they win the title, they go straight into the CL group stage next season and earn at least £25M

Yeah but 8 games in Italy is like 32 in Scotland

It has also come to light that Wanderers’ owners, Football Ventures (Whites) Ltd, loaned £5million from the Government-backed Futures Fund, which has since been converted into an eight per cent stake in the club.

The net result was a bigger budget offered to Evatt in the January window, and more than £500,000 in transfer fees were paid out for Dion Charles, Aaron Morley and Kyle Dempsey.

Confirmation that the 5 million loan enabled us to spend more in the window. 

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It has also come to light that Wanderers’ owners, Football Ventures (Whites) Ltd, loaned £5million from the Government-backed Futures Fund, which has since been converted into an eight per cent stake in the club.

The net result was a bigger budget offered to Evatt in the January window, and more than £500,000 in transfer fees were paid out for Dion Charles, Aaron Morley and Kyle Dempsey.

Confirmation that the 5 million loan enabled us to spend more in the window. 

I don't know where that is taken from but for me it's purely conjecture, I see its something that's gained momentum on Twitter as a way of winding up opposition fans as well.

In reality though, that £5 Million would have been received over a year ago and spent long before now on general operating costs and clearing debt accrued during lockdowns. 

5 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

I don't know where that is taken from but for me it's purely conjecture, I see its something that's gained momentum on Twitter as a way of winding up opposition fans as well.

In reality though, that £5 Million would have been received over a year ago and spent long before now on general operating costs and clearing debt accrued during lockdowns. 

It’s from Bolton news. 

9 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Correct.

Plus, it's an income & traceable and what has been done is legal, proper and not uncommon. It's fully acvountable.

The club may spend from their overall income. You can't pin a particular £ of income to a particular £ of outgoings.

It may look fast & lose to people wanting to find something to whine about, but it isn't. 

Is it not just a plainly obvious statement that didn’t really need to be said. 

We didn’t have to pay back a £5m loan with cash - guess what, we’ve got a bit more money now available for other things (one being transfers).

It’s not like we’ve banked that cash, sat on it until this transfer window and are now going on a spending spree, we just don’t have to use funds now available to pay a loan back and so can deploy the cash elsewhere.

• Site Supporter
17 hours ago, Eddie said:

Is it not just a plainly obvious statement that didn’t really need to be said. 

We didn’t have to pay back a £5m loan with cash - guess what, we’ve got a bit more money now available for other things (one being transfers).

It’s not like we’ve banked that cash, sat on it until this transfer window and are now going on a spending spree, we just don’t have to use funds now available to pay a loan back and so can deploy the cash elsewhere.

This.

Might have been "used" earlier, but it we needed to borrow that money from elsewhere, we'd be paying it back now or at some point. As we're not doing, that money can now be used for other things, including transfers.

Well done FV.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Where's this update we were supposed to be getting about Fossey? Or did I make that up? 😁

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19889297.bolton-wanderers-good-place-sign-fulham-defender-marlon-fossey-says-ian-evatt/

“Marlon is someone that we’d love to take permanently and there’s already been discussions there, so we feel like we’re in a good place.

“The more he plays and how well he’s doing at the moment, people are going to highlight him as a potential for the future, but we really like him.

“We love his attitude and we love what he’s done so far but there is still a long way to go.”

• Moderators
On 30/01/2022 at 20:30, Horwich said:

Has he had alot to do 🤷🏻‍♀️

Evatt agrees

𝗘𝘃𝗮𝘁𝘁: "As pleased as I am for @Jamestrafford6, it’s not just him. It’s down to the way we’ve defended from front to back. To be honest, he’s not had much to do in the four games but if we keep playing as we are then we'll keep more clean sheets."