Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Wish I was Marc!! 😉

Just wondered what happened to him and if he got his move after blanking us. Did his move to Standard go through then?

Not 100% sure how a player whose contract is held by a club who may or may not do business with another club can be accused of blanking us. 

No guarantees with the loans. It’s a risky business but only one we can afford. Hopefully we get better at finding some gems as we will only get worse trying to replace last seasons loan star year after year. Anyway young Bradley knows this is a step up from LFC convincing his boy Beck to make the move up.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Weren't there some pretty horrible personal, family issues that dragged on for some time ?

Not that I knew of.  As far as I knew his missus had a baby and his form just dropped off a cliff and never came back.

If he has, as you suggest, had a really bad time of it then perhaps it's understandable.  But given his poor form has gone on for so long I'm amazed anybody would be willing to now take him on.

• 1 month later...
On 25/05/2022 at 17:13, Eddie said:

Reading twitter comments (I know), you’d think they’ve just signed Roberto Carlos. Very strange how every so often a player gets overly praised, and then it becomes some kind of wankathon as to who can go the furthest.

He seemed a nice enough guy, had a good attitude, was pretty fast but was a poor footballer, couldn’t defend to save his life and when put under any kind of pressure just lost the ball. He’s not quite Greenidge, but I’m surprised he’s got a gig in the football league.

Hope he goes on to do well, but I’m pretty sure Walsall fans’ expectations will be some way above what they’re getting based on our strange twitter based fans.

Apparently Gordon had a freak serious leg injury on his first training run at Walsall. he didn't play until 23 Sept but scored last night against Harrogate

• 3 weeks later...