Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Even if we got up it's likely he would have to take a wage cut to stay. 

Indeed, though I'm not sure his wages currently would be as high as some think.

It depends on his long-term strategy; move down a bit, prove himself and get a big job in the prem on the back of it. That would ultimately yield more money too.

Also, how much does he, or indeed any young player actually want to play first team football?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It depends on his long-term strategy; move down a bit, prove himself and get a big job in the prem on the back of it. That would ultimately yield more money too.

Also, how much does he, or indeed any young player actually want to play first team football?

I'd be surprised if he was on less than £20k a week. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Traf said:

I reckon Trafford is on less than £10k a week. He was on junior-type wages at City and doubled his salary with last year's deal. 

A couple of weeks ago, somebody on here said Trafford admitted publically to being on £20k a week after he signed his contract extension at City.

21 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I don't think that's a fair assessment. 

Of course she's a business woman and may well look to make a profit at some point, but fv have hardly pushed for that to be achieved in the quickest way possible. 

Installed a relatively unknown manager, given him virtually nothing to spend other than that which the club has generated, and even removed betting outlets that will have generated income.

The house is far from magnolia; it's being gradually modernised as and when the occupants can afford it. It's very much a home now, not just a dwelling.

FFS - It's an analogy rather than an assessment and wasn't in any way emphasising  the specific choice of decor, horticultural prowess or artesanal baked goods - more a speculation on the Love it or Leave it aspect of the longer term business plan :)

I just think that long term it'll be a win for Phil Spencer.

1 hour ago, fishbulb said:

Have we done the great Blackburrrn Roverrrs transfer debacle? This has caused a wailing and  gnashing of (not many) teeth! 😁

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23287491.blackburn-rovers-transfer-deadline-day-live---january-2023/?ref=ebmpn

This and Everton have been little rays of sunshine brightening up the transfer window.

Feel sorry for the players involved though.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

FFS - It's an analogy rather than an assessment and wasn't in any way emphasising  the specific choice of decor, horticultural prowess or artesanal baked goods - more a speculation on the Love it or Leave it aspect of the longer term business plan :)

I just think that long term it'll be a win for Phil Spencer.

I'm fully aware of that. 

Though using an analogy is a way of expressing opinion/assessment. 

If it makes you feel better, simply consider my analogy as being in disagreement with yours.

32 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm fully aware of that. 

Though using an analogy is a way of expressing opinion/assessment. 

If it makes you feel better, simply consider my analogy as being in disagreement with yours.

So you don't think FV will sell if/when we get promoted and have to finance a competitive team at a higher level? Perhaps - they still have shares to play with but I still think it's a big ask to fund it on trading and minority share sales alone especially if the goal is to get back to the Prem as they have stated.

To me, it makes financial sense to prepare the business for sale when the time is right, but of course FV may have other plans.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, fishbulb said:

Have we done the great Blackburrrn Roverrrs transfer debacle? This has caused a wailing and  gnashing of (not many) teeth! 😁

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23287491.blackburn-rovers-transfer-deadline-day-live---january-2023/?ref=ebmpn

I read through that and my immediate thought was for the parent clubs to cancel each player’s contract, making them free agents, then Blackburn sign both. To protect the parent club they could write into the players’ contracts that any future move must be offered to the club they came from.

Or, better still, fuck ‘em, it’s only Rovuuurs!

I see in Chelsea's mad chucking money at everyone transfer window they bollocksed up sending Zayich loan to PSG by getting the paperwork wrong twice then sending it too late for the deal to go through.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12800609/hakim-ziyech-paris-saint-germain-claim-chelseas-document-gaffe-scuppered-loan-move-for-winger?authId=1*1qphjwt*_a*YVZONGZBUzQ3N3hmc3BKMk94Ri1UZGZwVk82ZTJpNk5yZGFKUVBPc1VmY1dDTGtsVl9iblYxZGNEZzJTVnhocg..

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I read through that and my immediate thought was for the parent clubs to cancel each player’s contract, making them free agents, then Blackburn sign both. To protect the parent club they could write into the players’ contracts that any future move must be offered to the club they came from.

Or, better still, fuck ‘em, it’s only Rovuuurs!

Too late to cancel contracts now though.

Needed to be free during the window.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Too late to cancel contracts now though.

Needed to be free during the window.

Think it was that O'Brien that West Brom were looking at taking on loan but backed off when Forest wanted a clause that meant they had to buy him for £10m at the end.

Given there's a good chance they might not get promoted it was too much of a risk

Rovers wouldn't be that stupid would they?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

mouldens lad, released by city at a similar age to traf is now, signed at wolves for 9k a week

id expect traf would be after more as hes had many more games

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Think it was that O'Brien that West Brom were looking at taking on loan but backed off when Forest wanted a clause that meant they had to buy him for £10m at the end.

Given there's a good chance they might not get promoted it was too much of a risk

Rovers wouldn't be that stupid would they?

think it was buy for 10m if promoted

I was reading this week that Sheffield Uniteds transfer embargo is mainly as a result of them purchasing Rhian Brewster in 2020.  They over stretched budgets to pay £25million for him and make him one of the highest earners at the club.  In his 1st season, he scored 0 with 0 assists and they got relegated.  He then scored 3, and now in his 3rd season he's on 1 goal and 0 assists.

Makes Ngog look like a bargain 

13 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I was reading this week that Sheffield Uniteds transfer embargo is mainly as a result of them purchasing Rhian Brewster in 2020.  They over stretched budgets to pay £25million for him and make him one of the highest earners at the club.  In his 1st season, he scored 0 with 0 assists and they got relegated.  He then scored 3, and now in his 3rd season he's on 1 goal and 0 assists.

Makes Ngog look like a bargain 

He'd got 11 in 22 at Swansea, so you could see Sheff U's thought process