Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

28 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

43 games 10 goals..

No thanks..

JDB 23 games 8 goals

VA 50 games 16 Goals

DC 50 Games 20 Goals

But scored them while playing in a low grade team who don’t boss possession and wasn’t he league 1 top scorer last year? think he would score plenty for us in league one.

8 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

There'll be a queue for Alfie May who has scored every other game for the last two seasons.

I think we could have got in January with a cheeky cash offer.

19 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Rumours today that were linked with a move for Alfie May. Anybody think there’s any truth in it. Seems like a bit of a Le Fondre player to me so could be the type we need?

Le Fondre still knocking them in; scored in the last three games 

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Rumours today that were linked with a move for Alfie May. Anybody think there’s any truth in it. Seems like a bit of a Le Fondre player to me so could be the type we need?

there isn't any rumour

some virgin started a twitter account yesterday claiming were linked with him and the shrewsbury keeper 

Would have taken Stockton the start of this season coming off his 20 odd goals when he was flying but this season doesn't reflect well on him even if he did get double figures he only turned up the last month or so. Alfie May would cause carnage with Dion as a front two but he'll probs be this seasons version of Mullin who cashes in for a Wrexham move or if he wants to play at championship level then could see him going Argyle.  Bolton splashing 500K on Victor makes me believe that all our eggs are on him to deliver the goods in terms of forming a proper partnership with Dion especially if we remain in L1 next season just can't see us bringing in another marquee striker if that's the case. 

Out of the 2 I’d prefer May but doubt we have the luxury of choice. 

may is a good goal scorer and a scorer of good goals. Whereas overall Stockton appears to be a scorer of good goals only. 

but I wouldn’t be adverse to Stockton. We already have a good goal scorer in Charles. The one thing we do lack and is hard to come by is someone getting a goal out of nothing. 

On 08/05/2023 at 17:28, MickyD said:

Their own supporters are linking him with Lincoln City. Worth a punt or no better than we already have?

On a free? I'd be having a look. There was talk of us paying big money for him a year or two back. 

1 hour ago, Mannyroader said:

That Mitov goalie at Cambridge; who some on here rate; has been released.

I haven't watched enough of Mitov to know whether he would be of the standard we need but he's only 6ft 2. To me thats too small. Trafford is 6ft 6. Even Dixon is 6ft 4. I want my goalkeepers like a basketball player, tall with long arms. 

Edited by Arrested development