Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Latest Unsolicited Phonecalls

MickyD

• Site Supporter

Well, hot on the heels of "Been injured in a fall at work?" and "Have you paid PPI?" and lots of other reasons to phone folk up in the hope of getting a litigation claim, I've just had a call asking if I'd felt ill following an all inclusive holiday in the last three years.

Good grief, the call centres must be running out of things to mither me about.

Have you been on an all-inclusive holiday in the past three years?

Were you perfectly fine with your experience until now?

Do you fancy some compo?

Are you prepared to be a lying c*nt?

Then sit back and wait for the call from Parasite Bastard and Sons Solicitors - today!

Mildly inconvenienced by a delayed flight home...

• Moderators

This is the only one I've ever pursued as on one occasion I was massively inconvenienced and on the other the staff just kept making things up as to why we were delayed

Both were over 4 hour delays and got a decent payout on both

Fuck Ryanair

This is the only one I've ever pursued as on one occasion I was massively inconvenienced and on the other the staff just kept making things up as to why we were delayed

Both were over 4 hour delays and got a decent payout on both

Fuck Ryanair

On Tomski stag do, several of us where delayed at Stansted. The flight set off 3h20 late.......happy days we thought, that's well over the 3hrs permitted. Sadly, as I found out when I tried to claim, it's only (which thinking about it now is pretty obvious) if you're 3hrs late on the planned arrival time. 

We arrived 2h57 late.......

:blush:

• Moderators

We arrived 2h57 late.......

Bet they still played the fan fare when they landed

One of the occasions, soon as they told us it was going to be delayed they sent out emails saying it wasn't their fault so don't bother trying to claim

thats before we knew how long we'd be delayed

and it was their fault

They knew

I bet I've flown Ryanair well over a hundred times, probably more, and have been delayed for longer than an hour twice, and one of these delays, luckily, I was delayed, so the delay was good, I'd probably have missed the flight otherwise...

The maximum reimbursement for a delayed flight should be the cost of the flight (in the case of budget airlines), if you fail to make a connection, or have to get taxis etc. then tough, don't fly with the peasants next time...:)

I'd be pissed off if they raise prices to pay out compo claims of folk who got back three hours late from a stag-do in Prague or a hen-night in Benidorm.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Being able to claim for delayed flights is a piece of EU legislation which I can see disappearing from the statute books pretty soon after Brexit finally happens.

I have made a claim in the past and all it took was a little reading up and a 2 minute visit to the Easy Jet website, don't be letting companies do it on your behalf for a cut.

Have you been on an all-inclusive holiday in the past three years?

Were you perfectly fine with your experience until now?

Do you fancy some compo?

Are you prepared to be a lying c*nt?

Then sit back and wait for the call from Parasite Bastard and Sons Solicitors - today!

:thumbsup: 

• Site Supporter

I'd be pissed off if they raise prices to pay out compo claims of folk who got back three hours late from a stag-do in Prague or a hen-night in Benidorm.

Prices are probably going to increase for Brits anyway when we leave the Open Skies arrangement in a couple of years. Not to mention Travel Insurance costs when we give up our EHIC's.

• Site Supporter

I'm just waiting til these "legal experts" figure out a way to sue the highways agency for traffic delays.

I'll have so much money I'll be able to buy my own motorway made of gold, with diamonds for cats eyes.

"Pissed off that undeucated no hopers failed you? Cheesed off that you were lied to by nomark politicians? Are you one of the 48% of British citizens who be liable for a refund of up to £350m a week? Don't delay until after 31 March 2019! Dial now on 00350 350 000"

• Site Supporter

"Pissed off that undeucated no hopers failed you? Cheesed off that you were lied to by nomark politicians? Are you one of the 48% of British citizens who be liable for a refund of up to £350m a week? Don't delay until after 31 March 2019! Dial now on 00350 350 000"

Hilarious as always. Unfortunately, everything I said is very likely to happen. Ask David Davis, who admitted it all yesterday...

Hilarious as always. Unfortunately, everything I said is very likely to happen. Ask David Davis, who admitted it all yesterday...

It either will, or won't, but I can't see it letting it negatively affect my future

• Site Supporter

If you catch salmonella from a resort from poor staff hygiene, don't you want them to be culpable?

And if your holiday was ruined because of it, don't you want your money back?

I am certainly not defending call centres buying data and cold calling by the way (thats as low as lead generation gets), but holiday sickness compensation is totally legitimate. And the cases that go through are extremely valid. 

How is it irrefutable it's poor hygiene on the part of the staff? It's likely that those dining themselves are passing bacteria etc. into the food in a lot of cases - somebody on here reported witnessing a diner (a scumbag diner) using the serving spoons to taste dishes then putting them back in the food at an all-inclusive holiday they were on...

If I'd had my holiday ruined I'd complain there and then and continue to complain until I had redress, I wouldn't sit and stew on things for three years - how can the firm(s) involved make a decent case for defence after so long? They won't - they'll simply pay out and the parasite litigation companies who are pushing these claims know this.

The last time I had food poisoning it was a cheeseburger from McDonalds, I'm confident that was the source, I was ill as fook for a week, did I expect compo? No.

This is the second time I've wrote this an' all

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I open the knight rider and brasso with the other hand, and yes, there are claims in against both Lever Brothers and Indiego for; too easily opened bottles (Brasso), too hard to open bottles/ligament damage (Frosty Jack) and that Brasso doesn't make clear it's not a suitable beverage and that Frosty Jack makes false claims that it is a suitable beverage. My sparkling and shiny hand supports the 'seperate hand' aspect of the cases.

• Site Supporter

If you catch salmonella from a resort from poor staff hygiene, don't you want them to be culpable?

And if your holiday was ruined because of it, don't you want your money back?

I am certainly not defending call centres buying data and cold calling by the way (thats as low as lead generation gets), but holiday sickness compensation is totally legitimate. And the cases that go through are extremely valid. 

My point isn't about the validity of a hotel's food hygiene it is about the cold calling. It all seemed very random that they'll hit upon someone who had a shit holiday because of poor service.