Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Stadium Seating

waffer cup 07

• Site Supporter

notice the stewards didn't wade in yesterday, wonder why...

Even when the knob heads were throwing the smoke grenades onto the pitch. Only just missed the fire steward who was collecting the previous couple.

• Moderators

Anyone got any idea why they moved Tomski and co then. they seemed to have made no increase to the away capacity.....seems very odd.

As I said yesterday, my seat is now empty so they can sell a tiny block of away seats? Some cretin has actually made that decision, that our season ticket holders don't actually matter. I would have renewed, even though I can't make all games, especially midweek. I didn't. Bravo.

• Moderators

They increased the away capacity by having the netting in the home end and a couple of blocks of empty seating. Before, the net was in the away section. I reckon it'll have added about 600-1000 seats.

not so sure it has, they look to have just shifted it to the right as you look at it, so the netting towards to east stand is now  further away from the scoreboard than it woud've been last season

Leeds had 4800 allocation, so it's not increased it

• Moderators

Maybe it's same allocation but less plod

There will be some logic

Flawed or otherwisd

I can only think it would be to do with keeping fans as far away from nobhead corner as they can

Exactly, there was still no more away fans.

A reduction in the policing bill is worth the equivalent of a good few extra away fans though (if that has happened to be the case). However, for the sake of a few games a season, I'm not convinced it's worth pissing off long standing season ticket holders, although I'm sure it's not something that has been decided on a whim.

orange warriors were being dicks in NSL- refused to let my daughter in (who came straight from work) because there was no re-entry.

when i pointed out she hasnt 'been in' to gain re-entry, i was asked 'well how has she got out there then?'

this is at half time, with turnstile doors open, but nobody to operate them... wouldnt open the exits for a second

lionel richie lookalike got a gob full, supervisor was equally useless...

They increased the away capacity by having the netting in the home end and a couple of blocks of empty seating. Before, the net was in the away section. I reckon it'll have added about 600-1000 seats.

I am sure they have only done it to stop me hanging my flag at the back of the stand!

They were getting pissed off I hadn't paid my advertising costs ????

orange warriors were being dicks in NSL- refused to let my daughter in (who came straight from work) because there was no re-entry.

when i pointed out she hasnt 'been in' to gain re-entry, i was asked 'well how has she got out there then?'

this is at half time, with turnstile doors open, but nobody to operate them... wouldnt open the exits for a second

lionel richie lookalike got a gob full, supervisor was equally useless...

I got to match on 50 mins and the stewards sent me to main entrance where they let me in and walked me round the pitch to esl.

• Site Supporter

Maybe it's same allocation but less plod

There will be some logic

Flawed or otherwisd

Certainly on the upper tier each set of steps down to the vomitory was manned by two cops instead of one steward so I'm not sure policing has a bearing, unless just the few big crowds; Leeds, Sunderland, Villa, etc. are getting police and the rest are getting Stewards.

Certainly on the upper tier each set of steps down to the vomitory was manned by two cops instead of one steward so I'm not sure policing has a bearing, unless just the few big crowds; Leeds, Sunderland, Villa, etc. are getting police and the rest are getting Stewards.

Possibly Sweaty Ken has asked GMP how to reduce police numbers and so costs, and GMP wanted away fans further from knobhead corner and a larger buffer between the WSL.

Pretty much every decision made since Ken came in has been about bringing more money in or less going out

• Moderators

Leeds brought 4830 on Sunday

Bradford and Sheffield last season sold out with no more tickets at 4300 each

So looks likes it's created more tickets for when the big boys come

had a look as got pics from each game

Bradford had about half a block less than Leeds coming in from the east stand

14350814_346783109006011_871471797765773

whereas Leeds are nearer the home fans under the scoreboard, but reckon that's as close as they want them to be, so it's been extended to the west stand as no one really sat there anyway

20633404_700294426821779_311630312751549