Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

29 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Given a viable option, no they would not.

A. There are millions of Labour voters who may be economically to the left, but socially they are often quite conservative and do not buy in to the PC liberal claptrap.

B. They voted for Brexit and want to see it delivered.

You're completely underestimating just how deeply pissed off people feel about the way they have been sneered at for two years by people who see themselves as their betters. That's going to hit both Labour and the Conservatives, very hard. They can partially save themselves by selecting election candidates who accurately reflect the proportion of the population who wish to leave and who in the north and midlands especially reflect point A.

However in reality there will be new parties and groupings who are not part of the liberal intelligentsia and they'll make rapid progress. 

Change is coming. And I predict it will take you very much out of your comfort zone. You might well get an early indication in the European elections on May 23 because I suspect our fellow working folk in our neighbouring European nation states are about to make sure that EU-scepticism is present in much greater numbers in the EU's fig-leaf parliament when they all next sit down for tea and buns in July. Dear old Jean Claude will still be leathered by 2pm though - he's got a lot in common with the people of Sunderland hasn't he! 

Change has already been coming for a fair old while across Europe, highlighted spectacularly by the Yellow Vest movement in France,especially this year.

Numerous countries have already been displaying discontent with the corrupt EU over the last couple of years.

Folk are sick and tired of their gravy train.

It is on its last legs now....said it many times, it’s like Kerplunk....once one straw falls,the rest will follow.

44 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

How does that compare to previous figures (other votes)?

Closer this time?

Be interesting to see what happens after tomorrow's events.

I haven't followed the previous votes, as it wasn't even vaguely close.

At the start of the week I think the odds we 9/4 for the vote to pass, so bookies reckon it's becoming more likely (albeit not likely).

55 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Given a viable option, no they would not.

A. There are millions of Labour voters who may be economically to the left, but socially they are often quite conservative and do not buy in to the PC liberal claptrap.

B. They voted for Brexit and want to see it delivered.

You're completely underestimating just how deeply pissed off people feel about the way they have been sneered at for two years by people who see themselves as their betters. That's going to hit both Labour and the Conservatives, very hard. They can partially save themselves by selecting election candidates who accurately reflect the proportion of the population who wish to leave and who in the north and midlands especially reflect point A.

However in reality there will be new parties and groupings who are not part of the liberal intelligentsia and they'll make rapid progress. 

Change is coming. And I predict it will take you very much out of your comfort zone. You might well get an early indication in the European elections on May 23 because I suspect our fellow working folk in our neighbouring European nation states are about to make sure that EU-scepticism is present in much greater numbers in the EU's fig-leaf parliament when they all next sit down for tea and buns in July. Dear old Jean Claude will still be leathered by 2pm though - he's got a lot in common with the people of Sunderland hasn't he! 

European elections and domestic elections are two very different entities with different voter behaviour. The way you are positioning it we will have no labour MPs at all. 

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

To give themselves preparation time before entering negotiations?

Corbyn wanted to do it straight away iirc, buggerfucktwat that would have been interesting!

I remember the silly old sod saying that but I can't remember the 'trigger' for deciding the time was right for May. Reason I ask is because Gove clearly stated we would have it all wrapped up and then we would trigger A50. Was it the EU insisting on no deals until we formally initiated our departure?

Edited by Winchester White
Can't fucking spell

38 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Change has already been coming for a fair old while across Europe, highlighted spectacularly by the Yellow Vest movement in France,especially this year.

Numerous countries have already been displaying discontent with the corrupt EU over the last couple of years.

Folk are sick and tired of their gravy train.

It is on its last legs now....said it many times, it’s like Kerplunk....once one straw falls,the rest will follow.

Not to mention  the Northern League and Five Star Movement in Italy and others. Political movements that are only succeeding because of the  EUs failings and its stubborn unwillingness to even acknowledge these. The gap between the people and the decision makers (often totally unelected) is too big. The people are going to do something about it. The EU meanwhile has one answer - more Europe. More federalism. 

29 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Not to mention  the Northern League and Five Star Movement in Italy and others. Political movements that are only succeeding because of the  EUs failings and its stubborn unwillingness to even acknowledge these. The gap between the people and the decision makers (often totally unelected) is too big. The people are going to do something about it. The EU meanwhile has one answer - more Europe. More federalism. 

Spot on there Paul.

The EU only has answer one answer, and quite clearly proven by their many recent actions.

It’s actually comical,bizarrely sad and farcical to watch how they are shooting themselves in the foot now.

Most enjoyable for us Eurosceptics.

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Spot on there Paul.

The EU only has answer one answer, and quite clearly proven by their many recent actions.

It’s actually comical,bizarrely sad and farcical to watch how they are shooting themselves in the foot now.

If we are forced into the EU elections let’s hope the Brexit party field plenty of candidates and many get elected. 

• Site Supporter

Gove is the biggest twat of them all. For one he looks like a cross between Pob and Rick Moranis.

He along with thst idiot Hammond coined the 'hold all the cards' phrase (or similar, could have been 'ace card' as my memory is shite).

Gove now is a fully paid up TM deal man or remain.  Funny how someone can change their mind when the actual realisation of their monumental fuck up hits home.

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Spot on there Paul.

Every empire in the history of the world has done the same thing. Over-extended, over-centralised and become arrogant that the sun would never set on them. It's happening again. 

I prefer calling it EU-scepticism. There's nothing the remain brigade like better than to make out we're anti-European. Europe is a continent containing several nation states. The EU is a political entity with self-defeating ambitions. It does only have one answer - and with that answer it sows the seeds of its inevitable downfall.

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If we are forced into the EU elections let’s hope the Brexit party field plenty of candidates and many get elected. 

I think that's very likely.

As I posted here the other day, watch out for the SDP as well. Probably too lacking in grassroots organisation just now - but filling a huge gap in British politics for people of the left who don't buy the liberal political correctness bullshit. In which Blair and Corbyn are equally steeped.

14 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Every empire in the history of the world has done the same thing. Over-extended, over-centralised and become arrogant that the sun would never set on them. It's happening again. 

I prefer calling it EU-scepticism. There's nothing the remain brigade like better than to make out we're anti-European. Europe is a continent containing several nation states. The EU is a political entity with self-defeating ambitions. It does only have one answer - and with that answer it sows the seeds of its inevitable downfall.

Perfectly put sir,and take a plus one from myself.

Their lofty ambitions are now as much use as Lofty the Lion goading the Wolves fans these days.

8 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Perfectly put sir,and take a plus one from myself.

Their lofty ambitions are now as much use as Lofty the Lion goading the Wolves fans these days.

We'll have the last laugh over both Wolves and the EU.

Well ......... over the EU anyway.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

A long delay (9 months) will be needed if Cheese is to escape the original bet. If we leave on or before 31 December 2019, he has some fun with a straight banana.

I conceded that bet over 18 months ago...