Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

In fairness, and I know you'll never admit it - but some of those on the leave side have to be held accountable for this shit storm, as well as some of those on the remain side  -  The likes of JRM, Gove and Davis are just as much to blame for where we are as the likes of Grieve and Greening  -  all of them utter shitbags

Labour/Conservative hold 80% of the house, they were voted in with "leave" on their manifestos........they never had any intention of doing so. Unlike you, I don't think they'll suffer too much, they'll still have the same amount of seats between them next time round

Sadly, having a Remainer leading the negotiations was never going to work out well...............although, with Boris, who is also a Remainer, heading up the leave side, that ensured there was never really going to be any decent opposition to her

A lot of people knew we'd end up in this sorry state - and I admire your fortitude throughout, saying it was all going to plan. I wish it had gone "to plan" one way or the other - this current state of affairs is shite.

I'll buy you a blue passport cover though, so at least you'll have that 😉

Don’t worry I will get my blue passport, it’ll just be on the purple side of  blue. 😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Don’t worry I will get my blue passport, it’ll just be on the purple side of  blue. 😂

We've always been allowed what ever colour passport we want, I reckon TM should force through a motion, so that we have blue EU passports moving forward, then nearly everybody would be happy 😂

1 minute ago, Gonk said:

What about the exact terms of the Cheese Banana insertion statement. Is that off now?

No......we’re still leaving the EU so Cheese will still be getting the biggest banana known to man stuffed right up his shitty rusty ring piece.

• Site Supporter

Don't forget, no deal is still the default. Legally.

Nothing changes in the hoc. Stubbornly continue on their respective attacks.

Mounts, I do not see any majority for a softer brexit, and if one was, there's no guarantee that proposals would be acceptable to the EU.

Furthermore, more delays and insecurity for business.

Really can't see it happening.

JRM softening again earlier, as was another previous anti-deal MP just now, saying he'll vote for the deal if it's that or no brexit.

It will focus a few minds, if the hoc actually does manage to remove no deal as an option.

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't forget, no deal is still the default. Legally.

Nothing changes in the hoc. Stubbornly continue on their respective attacks.

Mounts, I do not see any majority for a softer brexit, and if one was, there's no guarantee that proposals would be acceptable to the EU.

Furthermore, more delays and insecurity for business.

Really can't see it happening.

JRM softening again earlier, as was another previous anti-deal MP just now, saying he'll vote for the deal if it's that or no brexit.

It will focus a few minds, if the hoc actually does manage to remove no deal as an option.

I don’t think HOC will allow the default option, can’t see Parliament sanctioning anything on the hard side of Mays deal, so it’ll be more likely a softer Brexit rather than leaving without a deal. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

20 minutes ago, Gonk said:

What about the exact terms of the Cheese Banana insertion statement. Is that off now?

A long delay (9 months) will be needed if Cheese is to escape the original bet. If we leave on or before 31 December 2019, he has some fun with a straight banana.

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 22:05, Cheese said:

"After Brexit"?? Nothing has fucking changed. We're still in the EU, and most likely will remain in the EU for another decade AT LEAST. All these folk saying "See! We voted to Leave, and the economy is doing fine!" don't seem to understand that we haven't actually done anything since the legally-meaningless referendum. We haven't even begun negotiations...

If we leave the EU before 2020 I'll shove a straight banana up my arse on the townhall steps.

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 19:20, Cheese said:

I'll repeat what I said earlier in case anyone was in any doubt:

If we're out of the EU by 2020, I'll shove a straight banana up my arse on Bolton Town Hall steps. All welcome....

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t think HOC will allow the default option, can’t see Parliament sanctioning anything on the hard side of Mays deal, so it’ll be more likely a softer Brexit rather than leaving without a deal. 

I don't think no deal will be allowed to happen either.

On that basis, there's more chance of May's deal being accepted than a softer deal.

Especially now the screechers real motives are out; a soft brexit- becomes a second vote- no brexit follows.

Just can't see that happening at all.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

On that basis, there's more chance of May's deal being accepted than a softer deal.

Especially now the screechers real motives are out; a soft brexit- becomes a second vote- no brexit follows.

Cannot see Mays deal getting through at all the DUP won’t vote for it therefor neither will the majority of the ERG. 

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Of course there is a possibility that the second vote will go the same way as before (especially if voting day is a rainy one).

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Cannot see Mays deal getting through at all the DUP won’t vote for it therefor neither will the majority of the ERG. 

Quite possible. But equally, would they stand by and let an even softer brexit become a possibility?

A lot will be revealed tomorrow when indicative motions are debated.

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The majority of ERG may well vote for the deal. The truly hardline cases like Bill Cash will not, but they could be single figures.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MalcolmW said:

The majority of ERG may well vote for the deal. The truly hardline cases like Bill Cash will not, but they could be single figures.

That's how I see it, right at the death.

If it all went tits up, I can't see there being an appetite for another in/out referendum any time soon.

They may have to go for the least worst option.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This weeks indicative votes should provide light relief for TM and Brexiteers, think it could be very entertaining with puffed up traitors looking for their 5 minutes of fame, Kinnock, Starmer, Letwin, Benn etc it will all end in tears

Still think it’s Mays shit deal or a GE

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Paddy Power have it as 1/2 that May's deal will not get through and 6/4 that it will.*

*Assumes a vote this week.

How does that compare to previous figures (other votes)?

Closer this time?

Be interesting to see what happens after tomorrow's events.

1 hour ago, Salford Trotter said:

So think Sunderland won't vote Labour? 

Given a viable option, no they would not.

A. There are millions of Labour voters who may be economically to the left, but socially they are often quite conservative and do not buy in to the PC liberal claptrap.

B. They voted for Brexit and want to see it delivered.

You're completely underestimating just how deeply pissed off people feel about the way they have been sneered at for two years by people who see themselves as their betters. That's going to hit both Labour and the Conservatives, very hard. They can partially save themselves by selecting election candidates who accurately reflect the proportion of the population who wish to leave and who in the north and midlands especially reflect point A.

However in reality there will be new parties and groupings who are not part of the liberal intelligentsia and they'll make rapid progress. 

Change is coming. And I predict it will take you very much out of your comfort zone. You might well get an early indication in the European elections on May 23 because I suspect our fellow working folk in our neighbouring European nation states are about to make sure that EU-scepticism is present in much greater numbers in the EU's fig-leaf parliament when they all next sit down for tea and buns in July. Dear old Jean Claude will still be leathered by 2pm though - he's got a lot in common with the people of Sunderland hasn't he! 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Why did we kick off A50 when we did? I can't for the life of me remember the reasons for doing so?

To give themselves preparation time before entering negotiations?

Corbyn wanted to do it straight away iirc, buggerfucktwat that would have been interesting!