Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

9 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Certainly does, but a classic example and very recent is today’s BBC headline.

It says no chance basically of a deal but the link clearly includes tweets which say the total opposite.

Funny how one report makes all the headlines whilst one doesn’t, but is still easy to find.

Very strange world and times we live in.

Strange times indeed, with both sides still spinning things to suit their own aims, for what it's worth, I expect an extension until the end of January, and then we'll end up with something not that far removed from the deal that TM tried to get through, but failed to do so three times

19 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Ok, I’ll give it a go, 

If we leave with ‘no deal’ the ROI/EU will have to deal with the border issue, it’s no big deal to the UK but the EU want to protect the ‘integrity ‘ of the single market so THEY would have to introduce border checks

How are they going to do that?

At least you've actually proven that you don't understand the issue

Just now, Sweep said:

Strange times indeed, with both sides still spinning things to suit their own aims, for what it's worth, I expect an extension until the end of January, and then we'll end up with something not that far removed from the deal that TM tried to get through, but failed to do so three times

That's the biggest problem to the whole thing there never seemed to be joint effort in getting Brexit sorted.

Every political bod with any nouse has ran away from the firing line leaving the country with Boris, JRM, Corbyn, Abbott etc in the big jobs.

People who years ago would have been comedy relief from the boring but sensible political bods.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

3 words and you had to edit it?

There are over 300 border crossings

No deal means they ALL need a checkpoint.

Many people cross the border for their livelihoods several times a day.

Do I really have to carry on?

10 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Quite possibly the most moronic sentence I've ever read on Wanderersways. And that's going some! :)

I think your quote in ‘Extintion people’ takes some beating,

’We’re quite possibly at a make or break moment for the survival of the species here’

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

There are over 300 border crossings

No deal means they ALL need a checkpoint.

Many people cross the border for their livelihoods several times a day.

Do I really have to carry on?

So what’s wrong with Boris’s proposal, it’s a solution to that problem and would work with cooperation from the ROI/EU, a solution is possible if both sides wanted to find one, at this moment the EU won’t budge because they are hoping Parliament can stop us leaving, once it gets to the point where they realise we are Leaving a compromise will be found

Its not that difficult 

8 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

I think your quote in ‘Extintion people’ takes some beating,

’We’re quite possibly at a make or break moment for the survival of the species here’

Do you remember me saying this as well? I'm putting you well and truly in the first group.

"People are either too thick to understand or are wilfully ignoring the evidence because they can't cope with what the realities mean. At least the first lot haven't got a choice"

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Do you remember me saying this as well? I'm putting you well and truly in the first group.

"People are either too thick to understand or are wilfully ignoring the evidence because they can't cope with what the realities mean. At least the first lot haven't got a choice"

Never give up on your dreams, good luck

• Site Supporter

let’s start here. His proposal just wouldn’t work, in the same way you can’t fly into orbit using an elastic band and some prayers.

• The UK is seeking a fallback of no controls, checks and border infrastructure, even if the DUP vetoes Northern Ireland’s alignment with the single market. The bloc’s internal market would be left wide open for abuse, the European commission has said in its rejection of the proposal.

Just now, Moon boy said:

If only I was blessed with your intellect, you condescending twat

Aye - if only you were. And you didn't make yourself look like a moron everytime you post something on WW. 

I don't agree with quite a few people on here. But at least they're occasionally funny, or say something interesting, or that makes me think.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Moon boy said:

If only I was blessed with your intellect, you condescending twat

It’s not intellect, it’s knowing people directly affected on the Irish border.

If you think I’m condescending, speak to some of the plumbers over there who have lost half their work for autumn, whilst condescending twats over on the mainland keep saying “it’ll all be ok”. If your wages were 50% down I’m not sure you’d be sat quite so comfortably. One or two of them would read your posts and want to rip your throat out.

Things MIGHT turn out ok, no-one really knows, but as of today, this week and for the next few months, blokes over there are facing a seriously shit Christmas.

its actually nothing personal, but you just don’t know what you’re on about and it makes you look a bit daft.

Edited by Spider

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s not intellect, it’s knowing people directly affected on the Irish border.

If you think I’m condescending, speak to some of the plumbers over there who have lost half their work for autumn, whilst condescending twats over on the mainland keep saying “it’ll all be ok”. One or two of them would read your posts and want to rip your throat out.

its actually nothing personal, but you just don’t know what you’re on about and it makes you look a bit daft.

Perhaps with your extensive knowledge of the problems on the Irish border you could put forward your solution then

• Site Supporter
Just now, Moon boy said:

Perhaps with your extensive knowledge of the problems on the Irish border you could put forward your solution then

There isn’t one that will suit all parties. If there was, even our hopeless political elite would have found one after 3 years. That they haven’t should serve as some sort of clue for you.

you may recall that it’s a rather divided and tense part of the world?

Still, your sympathy for those already affected shines through.

20 minutes ago, Spider said:

There isn’t one that will suit all parties. If there was, even our hopeless political elite would have found one after 3 years. That they haven’t should serve as some sort of clue for you.

you may recall that it’s a rather divided and tense part of the world?

Still, your sympathy for those already affected shines through.

I thought that might be your answer

So you don’t think Brexit can’t go ahead because there is no solution to the Irish border?

15 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

So you don’t think Brexit can’t go ahead because there is no solution to the Irish border?

Brexit could go ahead but either with no deal (then you won't get a trade deal with the US as it won't get through Congress as that breaks the GFA) or you leave NI in a Customs Union and then you can't negotiate trade deals because we are not prepared to have border in the Irish Sea. 

Edited by Salford Trotter

2 hours ago, Moon boy said:

The solution to Irish border is to allow free movement of people and goods across it. Then simply allow this on all UK/EU borders and everyone is happy.  

As we have been told since day 1 Leavers knew exactly what they were voting for you already knew this and I assume Boris does too. 

Hardly worth all this fuss. 

2 hours ago, Moon boy said:

That sentence makes my head hurt, I've read it several times, and still can't work out what it means

Anyway, isn't the solution a technology based system, that we keep being told already exists.........although for some reason we don't want to tell the EU about it

10 minutes ago, Sweep said:

That sentence makes my head hurt, I've read it several times, and still can't work out what it means

Anyway, isn't the solution a technology based system, that we keep being told already exists.........although for some reason we don't want to tell the EU about it

We need technology that so we can treat the Irish border differently than other UK borders. And then we will have a solution that is not acceptable to Unionists. 

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Parliament have also made it law to ask for an extension, so I guess we might go on some more 

If only the ERG has been loyal to their party and voted with TM 

Spineless traitors 

Was never a party issue. Free votes etc.

Yes their not backing it has been unhelpful (and in my opinion wrong) but their view still represents a version of leaving. Not difficult to understand is it?

If you want to use the traitor tag, throw it at those who have stood on a manifesto to leave and yet seek not to.

They could have rendered the erg irrelevant.

A marked difference.