Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

8 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Equally, if Big Nige said we'll also be quids in, then you'd be chomping at the bit to vote for him......all ifs and ands with you pal.

Getting a tad boring now......the only certainty is we are definitely leaving. Enjoy, cheers 🍾🇬🇧

I wasn't taken in by the "we'll be better off" nonesense just in the same way I wasn't with the £350m NHS claim and the post vote economic recession. I could see through the lies of both campaigns and made my own decision based on what I had read over the years and happy to be proved wrong. 

11 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Yep

All ego, without shame

Doesn’t matter, though, as Momentum won’t entertain him.

Disagree. Starmer is an absolutely solid choice. A successful career before politics. Born into a working class household. Highly intelligent. He’s the one Tories fear according to Peston. I’m not surprised he’s the only one with gravitas.

Wont be momentum’s choice though so unlikely to win. Though he is topping polls of members right now. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Yep

All ego, without shame

Doesn’t matter, though, as Momentum won’t entertain him.

Jesus. You seriously believe the likes of Keir Starmer and Jess Phillips are on the same level of ego as Rees-Mogg and Boris Johnson? You should claim the title of "Super Serf" when Mounts croaks it. 

12 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

You'll be in the minority Malc, I promise you

I'd bow to your all-knowing certainty except that the uneducated Northern thickoes I know vent their anger at Labour's metropolitan elite's attitude in a way that surprises me a little.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Salford Trotter said:

To answer your point directly BD

Phrases such as "unlocking the UKs potential" and "negotiating our own trade deals" were central to the Leave message so I would suggest it was very much about economics

Of course these messages were used. Trade deals being essential to the continued norms of the nation. Not some great assertion that we're all going to become extra wealthy overnight, but an assurance that we won't necessarily suffer unduly as a result of leaving.

But it was part of a package, and the short term economic effects were of little interest for me personally, though I felt the system operated on an unlevel playing field, working against us.

Long term quality of life of more importance.

13 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Disagree. Starmer is an absolutely solid choice. A successful career before politics. Born into a working class household. Highly intelligent. He’s the one Tories fear according to Peston. I’m not surprised he’s the only one with gravitas.

Wont be momentum’s choice though so unlikely to win. Though he is topping polls of members right now. 

How have you managed to go through the 2019 general election and the analysis following without realising that Labour's vast distance from the people it purports to represent is a big problem? Despite your description of him Starmer is a fully paid up member of the metropolitan liberal elite. The very same people who think the working classes are a bit smelly, who despise patriotism and who have had their noses bloodied by Brexit yet carry on with their groupthink as if it remains beyond challenge. If people like Jess Phillips and Lisa Nandy can grasp this, why cannot you? 

I'm a Tory. I do not fear Starmer. Bring it on. That'll be a second term for Boris in the bag.

Edited by paulhanley

15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Jesus. You seriously believe the likes of Keir Starmer and Jess Phillips are on the same level of ego as Rees-Mogg and Boris Johnson? You should claim the title of "Super Serf" when Mounts croaks it. 

I didn’t say that, though.

What I have said is that Starmer did more than anyone to move to the barmpot policy adopted by Labour and that will not be well received in the constituencies lost by them; leave constituencies.

And Momentum, of course.

He doesn’t fill me with fear.

21 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I wasn't taken in by the "we'll be better off" nonesense just in the same way I wasn't with the £350m NHS claim and the post vote economic recession. I could see through the lies of both campaigns and made my own decision based on what I had read over the years and happy to be proved wrong. 

The remain campaign lies seem to be proven to be whoppers so far don't they, but unsurprisingly you never bring up links to them.....🤔

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Jess Phillips is quick witted and has a strong character. Couldn't be doing with the hypocrisy of her moaning about nasty comments whilst engaged in precisely that.

Be interesting to see what she'd be like when put under serious pressure.

Considering she said in parliament recently that she doesn't even understand parliamentary procedure, I think she'd be fucking useless.

All she has is a big gob, and horrible floppy tits.

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

The remain campaign lies seem to be proven to be whoppers so far don't they, but unsurprisingly you never bring up links to them.....🤔

Huge whoppers on both sides Si, likewise I can't remember the last time you posted links to the £350m claim but then you have a reputation of cherry picking your stats😉

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

Huge whoppers on both sides Si, likewise I can't remember the last time you posted links to the £350m claim but then you have a reputation of cherry picking your stats😉

I don't think I once ever cited the 350million as a reason for ,leaving, that's a big difference my Cherry Picking Champion friend x

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Crack on

you continue to make yourself look stupid 

you've proven to me you are a shithouse of the highest order. It was that day you stopped bothering Me and I felt sorry for you if I’m honest. Sad existence you lead trolling folk on a football forum. Real shame 

Hopefully one day someone knocks fuck out of you or the mods just get fed up with your silly name calling and fuck you off as you add nothing to the debate but inane ramblings and silly name calling . Preferably the first but given my point above it’s unlikely 

I'm liking your replies more by the day

26 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

How have you managed to go through the 2019 general election and the analysis following without realising that Labour's vast distance from the people it purports to represent is a big problem? Despite your description of him Starmer is a fully paid up member of the metropolitan liberal elite. The very same people who think the working classes are a bit smelly, who despise patriotism and who have had their noses bloodied by Brexit yet carry on with their groupthink as if it remains beyond challenge. If people like Jess Phillips and Lisa Nandy can grasp this, why cannot you? 

I'm a Tory. I do not fear Starmer. Bring it on. That'll be a second term for Boris in the bag.

I hear that the membership is being bolstered by those looking to vote for Starmer

11 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I don't think I once ever cited the 350million as a reason for ,leaving, that's a big difference my Cherry Picking Champion friend x

I didn't say you did but it's still one of those huge whoppers.

I was scrolling through my twitter feed and there was a post from a fellow Salford RD fan who had just joined the Labour Party but expected that some of her close friends that she has gone on holiday with previously would now unfollow her because of her political allegiance. I hope at some point in the future we can take some of the bitterness out British politics

Edited by Salford Trotter

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Considering she said in parliament recently that she doesn't even understand parliamentary procedure, I think she'd be fucking useless.

All she has is a big gob, and horrible floppy tits.

Brash!

Good with the social media type putdown that doesn't stand much scrutiny when thought about. Another one rich in negativity and squealing.

Not for me. Time for a strong, articulate leader, to rise above the bitching war. Starmer now saddled with corbynism and very remote from what I imagine many labour voters are looking for.

Dunno who to be honest.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Brash!

Good with the social media type putdown that doesn't stand much scrutiny when thought about. Another one rich in negativity and squealing.

Not for me. Time for a strong, articulate leader, to rise above the bitching war. Starmer now saddled with corbynism and very remote from what I imagine many labour voters are looking for.

Dunno who to be honest.

It’ll be Momentum’s favourite; Long-Bailey?

38 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Labour lost more votes to the Lib Dem’s. They also won more votes than Blair did in 2005. The idea that Lisa Nandy or Jess Phillips would have won over those who abandoned them on either side is a bit silly in my view.

Starmer represents a bridge between Corbyn and Blair something the party desperately needs. It cannot abandon either of its two wings.

If you look at polling nationally Starmer was the only candidate alongside Yvette Cooper who had positive ratings with voters. I’d suggest of the look of available candidates he’s the best bet.

A Tory MP told journalists that were Starmer labour leader they’d have lost the last election. So clearly there is evidence in polling to suggest he might be the better choice.

And for the record I do think Jess Phillips would connect better in Northern seats. But she’d also fail to connect with huge swathes of Labour support that they can’t afford to lose. Starmer overall would be a better balance.

Edited by bwfcfan5

11 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I didn't say you did but it's still one of those huge whoppers.

I was scrolling through my twitter feed and there was a post from a fellow Salford RD fan who had just joined the Labour Party but expected that some of her close friends that she has gone on holiday with previously would now unfollow her because of her political allegiance. I hope at some point in the future we can take some of the bitterness out British politics

Course we can mate.

When you realise your ways were wrong and bigoted, then admit your errors, I'll gladly buy you a pint 😊🍾